haut, retour au début Gear Is James May actually Gay???????

babybell posted on Jan 29, 2008 at 09:38PM
I've never been sure... hesnot married and they always say hes gay, but i can't tell whether there joking or not? Does anyone actually know?

haut, retour au début Gear 25 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an angie777 said…
actually james said on something cant remember what that he has a longterm gf
il y a plus d’un an sazzyboo1234 said…
No
hes not gay !!
hes been dating music and dance critic sarah frater since 2000

so id take that as a no
il y a plus d’un an babybell said…
thank you for clearing that up, i was just wondering.
il y a plus d’un an The-Stig said…
Ofcourse he is! It's obvious, did you see the way he flirted with Richard when they were racing Jeremy on the Ferry? And when they had to share a bed when they went caravnning he said it was romantic! Besides. When they are teasing hamster about Oliver, James' typical holiday romance involves a moustache. How many women who a man would take a fancy to have a moustache as their defining feature?
il y a plus d’un an ebathory said…
Ha Oliver... but no, I'm fairly certain he's straight. They're just teasing him about being gay.
He doesn't deny it.
il y a plus d’un an cutesweeties said…
hes not gay hes straight he has a girlfriend it said so in heat magazine! the only reason he doesnt deny it is because he doesnt want to retaliate because there bullying him!!
Yh, because Heat magazine is the most reliable source...
il y a plus d’un an slimshady2000 said…
May isnt gay but clarkson is
Yopig445 commented…
clarkson may be stupid but hes not il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an CarCrazy2009 said…
May is not gay, he's just really old school
il y a plus d’un an CarCrazy2009 said…
Why do some of you think that he is gay, i think he is the funniest one on the show!

And i love the cars he picks
il y a plus d’un an caiticat08 said…
clarkson's not gay. he has a wife and kids!
il y a plus d’un an meaper said…
big smile
no way
il y a plus d’un an ajhalecullen said…
he's not gay at all
il y a plus d’un an Nerevanin said…
I think James is not a gay. Even though all stuffs he did or said are sometimes maybe little bit strange. James, Jeremy nor Richard are not gays.
il y a plus d’un an mooimafish17 said…
hes not - lives with his long term girlfriend - he mentions her in other shows hes done, just as clarkson talks about francie and hammond talks about mindy
il y a plus d’un an richardsexy said…
smile
i know he has a girl friend but he doesnt have kids and hes not married. lol maybe he is. the other two (hammond/clarkson) they have kids. p.s could you join my group on facebook TOP GEAR THE MOVIE. i want top gear to do a feature length episode to be shown in the cinema . link i created this group last year. and i currently have 3,249 members
il y a plus d’un an Sora2797 said…
You know a movie marks the end of the series right?
il y a plus d’un an childL said…
He has a girlfriend her name is Sarah Frater and she-s a columnist or something like that!
il y a plus d’un an GoodNameStolen said…
I think that he is because when they were doing the 24 hour endurance race, James May had the gay pride flag next to his name on the car.
il y a plus d’un an hamster_rizumi said…
smile
he's not gay, maybe people thought he was gay because he's not married. anyway, he is my favorite presenter on Top Gear!! :D
il y a plus d’un an DaTroof said…
wink
Dating a music and dance critic, gives him lots of time to attend musical theater and sing showtunes.
il y a plus d’un an Yopig445 said…
James may has long hair and is too sensible

last edited il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an Purple-Enderman said…
he does the most sensible choices! Only a real man would make those, and the things he makes on those specials are awesome!
il y a plus d’un an pokwok said…
You know I've become quite a fan of Grand Tour, Top Gear, and also James May's old shows "Toy Stories" and "May's Man Lab" -- it's a little more overt in Top Gear, but throughout both those shows there's consistent little allusions to him maybe being gay. Double entendres, little jokes with some of his "friends" on the shows... Sometimes it's really subtle, sometimes it's not, but I feel if you watch any of the shows he's on and actually think to notice little remarks and jokes that allude to him being gay, you'll see there's a ton of them. So many that I can't believe I'm just projecting them.

Given that he has dated women publicly, and there's really not a whole lot of reason for him to be in the closet about it, I don't think he actually is. But it's definitely a running joke he and maybe some of his writers have been messing around with. In fact I don't think they do it so much on Grand Tour, which would make sense because in recent years that sort of inside joke has gotten a little dicey in the eyes of the mainstream.

Maybe he's bi or something like that. Either way, IMO they've been having a little fun with that planting seeds probably intending to have the fanbase asking themselves the same question you just posted. He does seem to fit that stereotype of a certain type of modern gay gentleman - reserved, sensible, a bit nerdy, but proud of his gender and committed to upholding a certain male standard and ideal, an admiration for the male gender that dips into the romantic/erotic. Someone who's not not really flamboyant or flowery but who's got a touch of subdued eccentricity in his personality. And then a lot of his male friends on his two solo shows seem to come off the same way. I dunno, for whatever reason that seems like a certain type of gay dude, honestly the best kind of gay dude IME. And it's also the type of gay dude that wouldn't worry too much about coming off as straight or gay or whatever, the kind of guy that probably doesn't see it as the world's business what his sexual tastes are, you know?

But then again, maybe that's just because he's British. British men seem to be a little strange that way.