DBSK America, TVXQ&BOA will rock you!!!

togokhan-cha2 posted on May 13, 2008 at 09:06AM
Not too long ago, Allkpop reported Lee Soo Man's decision to promote Kwon BoA in the United States. Following up as scheduled, the boss confirmed that boy band TVXQ, who will also debut in America, and BoA are indeed not ready for America.

The press conference, held in early May, was long awaited as everyone wanted to know what would be of the two entities. Lee Soo Man at first briefly talked about plans for the U.S. market and tried to direct attention away from it. He moved onto other matters but as reporters pressed on the topic of America, he reluctantly replied with a simple “Not yet.” Lee Soo Man added that he will have TVXQ and BoA expand their careers in Asia before crossing borders. On a brighter note, they’ll be back in Korea! “Before any of this can happen, things need to be done and goals need to be met. Only then can we move onto another goal.”

This truly shows that Lee Soo Man knows what he is doing. Unlike JYP and YG Entertainment, he did not lie or over-entice netizens only to leave them hanging for several months

credit : soompi.com

well what r u guys thinkin'??

DBSK 5 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an PixieJJC said…
That's kindda harsh and cruel! Making us fans wait...lol DBSK has gained more than 800,000 fans ALL over the world not just in Asia. I don't understand why they can't just debut in the States. The language barrier wouldn't be a problem. The guys can learn english, which I'm sure they know some english by now. They have fans that either already know korean or are WILLING to study korean, like me, JUST to be able to understand their music. Since they're debuting in the U.S. some songs are bound to be in english right? I think it's harder for a solo artist to debut in the states. Let's say Koda bebuted here and some ppl didn't like her music, they would just not listen to it. DBSK on the other hand has an advantage. They're 5 guys! You're bound to like one of them! ^_^ Their concerts are SOLD OUT seconds after the tickets are on sale! They've been #1 in Japan as a foreign artist and that in itself is a feat! I don't know what goals they're supposed to reach, but I know that fans will keep listening to them and wait for them no matter how long it takes. And if I can't see them here in the U.S...I'll just visit Korea and Japan to attend a concert! ^O^
il y a plus d’un an Yoochuns_Onna said…
I agree with you to an extent. However, I do believe that what Soo Man-san is doing is accurate and he is doing what he thinks is best. It doesn't matter how many fans they have in asia, what matters is here in the states and plus to my knowledge they still have to study English. Micky has an advantage, naturally. Having grown up here in Virginia for four years. Furthermore, America's music business is a lot harder. Not to mention, you have to consider that a lot of Americans are not willing to learn a language just to understand the music as you and I are. They expect that if you come into this country, you need to know the most common language spoken: English. And another thing to consider is that how many asian artists have you seen in the American music industry that you know of? The answer: zero. That is another pressing matter. The only fans cannot be simply asians. Asians do not take up more than 50% of America... I think their population is less that 30% throughout the US. So you need to understand that non-asian listeners need to become fans in order for them to become a complete success. Of course, me being a non-asian American AND loving asian music is quite a feat. Not many Americans listen to foreign music that are not asian or have an asian background somewhere... whether it be in their blood or visiting an asian country. And also there is a lot of racism hidden amongst the American population, so you also need to consider the possibility of many anti-fans. Poor Yunho suffered at the hands of an anti-fan and I'd hate to think of a repeated situation as that. The US is very cut-throat. I think the first thing they'd have to do is announce it on the news or something nationwide and find out what kind of response they get. That kind of thing. Forgive me for seeming a bit pessimistic, but I only worry about our boys because I know, like the rest of the US, how dangerous the American industry can be.
On a much more happy note, I do look forward to the day they arrive here in the America's and I know I'll be one of the first to buy a ticket to their concert when they go to Chicago. Front seat tickets, ftw! XD My chance to meet Micky and get their autographs! I wanna give Micky a CD with the song I wrote for him. I think that would be awesome! Anyway, keep us updated. Do they have an estimated deadline for coming to the states, or is it not yet defined?
last edited il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an DbskLover said…
Guys think of this in the time of all the waiting you can study korean. and in that time spread the love. when they come everything will be ready. CAN"T WAIT TILL THEY VOME TO THE STATES!
Ok so more good news for BoA fans. Maybe even DBSK fans...

It's official! One of SM's best performer, BoA, will be making her debut in the U.S. SM made a press coference on Sept. 10th stating what their plans were.

BoA's debut english debut song, 'Eat you up', was shown as a preview both in English and Korean versions. (Personally I like the Korean version because it has more.. Power. The lovely lady also appeared with an injured arm. Is SM forcing too much work on her and thus got injured? O.O

They also told the press that there would be an establishment known as SM Ent. USA. They said that by having an SM En.t in the U.S it would be easier for their performers to debut/transfer to the U.S. It would also be easier to get more korean singers to debut there.

Mr. LSM is smart isn't he? Making an SM here in the U.S so that their artists can have an easier "flow." Does this mean that DBSK will be able to finally make their debut in the U.S and please all the International fans? They have a tight schedule as it is from going to Japan and doing activities in Korea now. Having to add a U.S trip too? I just hope they take care of their health!!! How long will WE have to wait for them to crossover? O.O Hopefully soon! Then we can spazz at their concerts! lol

Here's a link to where you can read a little bit more about the subject.

link rack-eat-you-up/

Credits to: lovetohateme@wordpress and EmeraldSinner@Youtube

Here's what the boys said when they were asked about BoA's debut in the U.S:

" TVXQ, “We’re watching over BoA’s Entry…”

Group TVXQ revealed they they will be rooting together for BoA’s advancement into the American market in an interview held on the 24th at Seoul Apgujong.

“What will the result be,” pondered the five members, but they were all in agreement that she “will come out of it successful” conveying what they thought of their fellow colleague.

“We are cheering for her,” said Xiah Junsu. And regarding her future he added, “I hope that it sends her status soaring.” Young Woong Jae Joong also stating, “I hope to find my way onto the same road that Sunbae (Senior) is taking.”

U-Know Yunho pointed out that, “BoA is a very hardworking singer, didn’t she overcome her difficulties and win over Japan,” and that it will be a good influence for BoA when she enters America.

Choi Kang Chang Min, “We may not know the American Music Market that well but with BoA’s hard work she can do it.”

Although, the group had reservations themselves when asked, “Doesn’t Dong Bang Shin Gi also wish to advance to America?” With a flat out denial, Xiah Junsu said, “We’re not thinking of something like that right now,” as well as U-Know Yunho, “I’ve missed Korea very much and because of that wish to stay active here.”

Source: My Daily
Credit: seoulfull@WP, lovetohateme@WP, and EmeraldSinner@YT

I really don't think that the boys "don't think about that right now". They have to discuss it at times I'm sure. I really do believe that they should be more prepared to enter the American music industry. As much as I hate to say it, they really aren't that prepared right now. If they improve their english a bit then they'll be fine.

They already have the vocals, the experience, and not to mention the looks to make it here in the States. It would be a shame to see them debut here and not get a little recognition.

DBSK HWAITING! ^_^