Critical Analysis of Twilight Anti-Twilight Rants

renrae posted on Jun 14, 2009 at 11:36PM
Do you feel the need to rant about how much you do NOT like Twilight? This is the place. Please keep from saying offensive things (IE: Deliberately insulting Twilight fans or Stephenie Meyer.)

Critical Analysis of Twilight 115 réponses

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 101-115 of 115

il y a plus d’un an jefferyw52 said…
angry
its a shame that people have to SUFFER from twilight shit from twihards putting twilight shit on other spots not related to twilight this twilight madness has to stop im sick of this crap we must stop this its a disgrace to the people that arent a fan of twilight i havent heard of twilight till i joined fanpop and its madness please stop putting twilight stuff on other spots it annoys the fans on those spots please show respect to other fans im tired of this please stop it
il y a plus d’un an jedigal1990 said…
angry
you said it jeff there is so much twilight shit going around i'm tired of being insulted because i don't like twilight i'm tired of seeing the question what team are you team jacob or team edward who the fuck cares i'm team stfuat (shut the fuck up about twilight) and be respectful to other fanpopers thats all i ask
il y a plus d’un an this-is-my-name said…
crying
All I can say is that THIS is what millions of hormone-bomb teenagers are reading? I weep for my generation.
il y a plus d’un an angiii7 said…
uuuugh ! I hate that stupid book and I better not talk about the movie! I'm 14 and all the girls of my age love it... The story is so dissgusting, I can't believe it was compared to Jane austen ! :S She wrote real love stories ! Some people say: "They're like the Romeo & Juliet from our time" OH GOD ! how can you compare Shakespear with that cheap writter I don't even know what's her name ! :S I gotta go but I'll be back to finish this ! haha
il y a plus d’un an ginny_potter_97 said…
angry
my ex-best friend got me into twilight i pretended to like it for her sake. big mistake. i told a friend i didn't like it, she told a friend who told a friend who told my ex-best friend that i didn't like the books. she came straight to me and i told her the turth. i don't, and won't ever like the twilight series (twilight is not a saga FYI). we tried getting over the diffrences, but it was proved unlikely that our friendship would last seing as how all i talked about was harry potter and her was twilight.

that was then this is now. she is now a bully who loves to pick on me. and what is worse she know wat makes me tick. every time i see her she says something bad about harry potter. and what makes it worse she has turned 3 of my close friends on me. now out of the bout ten friends i had who i could trust i only have 1. all because of fing twilight vs harry potter.!!!!!!!!
il y a plus d’un an Plenilunio said…
^Ignore her whenever she says something about HP if that's all she does. Something like:
"Harry Potter doesn't sparkle, take that!"
"Great weather, isn't it?"
"And Lupin doesn't imprint on Albus Severus, meh!"
*yawn* "Got to go."
il y a plus d’un an silverandgreen7 said…
Yeah, OK, so I was searching for movies that were released on 2008. I clicked on one that said "55 Must See Movies of 2008". Then I saw this comment that asked "Why is Twilight not here?" And following that was a looong argument. I was just so ticked off that why do people have to ALWAYS bring up Twilight? Why can't we just leave it in a corner until it's covered with cobwebs, and forget about it? But nooo. Almost wherever you look, someone mentions that DREADED book/movie...Maybe I'll go on an internet hiatus...Just to get AWAAAY from all the Twilight.
il y a plus d’un an Plenilunio said…
^ Twilight is everywhere in and outside the Internet. It's not only the rabid twitards' fault, but also the rabid antis'. I'm sick of reporting stuff at the Harry Potter spot. I don't freaking care if someone somewhere said Harry Potter sucks and Twilight rocks. Or I might care, but that's not the place to post it. Go to the Harry Potter vs. Twilight spot and leave me alone!
il y a plus d’un an lvhmsgirl96 said…
ppl think tht vampires r wonderful sparkly romantics
but theyre souless demons y wood anyone want to b tht
the only reason tht ppl wants to b vamps is cuz of edward
but if u watch buffy u definately woodnt want to b
twilight fans r so stupid
il y a plus d’un an ChelsayQT said…
I have nothing against the book or the movie. As a matter of fact I actually enjoyed both of them. However, I do have a huge problem with the fans Twilight has attracted. They are crazy and absurd. I am a twenty-something year old girl and have not become entrapped in this fantasy world of Twilight. I mean just look at this list of the crazy things the Twilight fans have done. link Is this something to worry about? Or is it just a small population of the Twilight fans?
il y a plus d’un an bookwormgrl101 said…
Back when the series first came out (late 2008, during the first movie,) I was a pretty big Twilight fan -note the WAS. I'm not saying I'm not a fan now, but I'm not extremely obsessed. I only lie it cause it's fun to make fun of ... and so easy :D. However, from being in that stand point of once being obsessive, i can understand why some people are so nuts about it. Plenty of girls now-a-days- I'm not saying every girl, but a lot- want a guy to love them no matter what and to be able to protect them from anything, which is was Twilight represents... to an extent.

However, when the said guy wtatches you sleep every night and creeps into your bedroom along with making his sister obsessively check your future, I think that's ridiculous. Bella may've excepted Edward when he said that he watched her every night, but i would've screamed "stalker!" and kicked him out of my house. I mean, would you really be okay with the fact that some guy that absolutely hated you at first snuck into your bedroom EVERY night and watched you??

That, and the books themselves are contradicting. Edward says countless times that he's a killer... but can someone who sparkles in the sunlight really be that scary?? If you were to be with a guy that just oncfessed he was a vampire, and was a murderer, i think you would be scared. But, then he turns around and says that he sparkles in the sunlight... i Don't know about anyone else, but i would've started laughing at that point (and I did when my friends forced me to re-read the books).

And, to end my rant because I don't want it to be TO long, Jacob just scares me. First, he hits on Bella... fair enough... but she repeatedly tells you No. You would think he would get the hint after some time... but no. He continues to go after her. And then, once her baby is born and not even a day old, he imprints on her. First, he goes after her mother, and then falls in love with her child... doesn't that sound just a little creepy?? I think Bella reacted right here be attacking him. I wouldve done the same thing... except just a lot harder.. and there would've been a baseball bat involved...

and, to sum up the movies since i dont want to waste time ranting on that: Twlight was okay, Hated New Moon, and Eclipse was the best out of all of them.
il y a plus d’un an renrae said…
hmmm
On page four of this forum thread, there was an argument. The user on the other side of the argument deleted their posts.

I find that immature.
il y a plus d’un an partypony said…
My friends are total Twi-hards. They keep talking about "Edward is sooo hot!" and "Bella is sooo lucky!" and "Jacob is sooo cute!"
Whenever I try to say what I think, they just interupt me with things like "Ahhhh! I can't wait for Breaking Dawn!" and "Oh I read the series a hundred times!" and "Best romance EVER!"
I can't get a say on what I think, so I just shut up and let them talk and talk about 'the best book series ever'.
I don't like it. I don't have a say about my opinion. It's irritating.
il y a plus d’un an tomfeltonfan44 said…
I am having almost exactly the same problem as partypony. :(
It's really irritating, I don't get to voice my opinion. The good news is one of my Twihard friends has ANTI-twilight. one down!
il y a plus d’un an logica said…
One of the worst things is that some situations, some characters are so hard to believe, to take seriously…
I don’t know exactly, I didn’t read the books, but from the movies, well, Bella can’t be really in love with Jacob…. For me it would be impossible… I’ll neglect here the discussion on his alleged beauty (ehm), that is to say, let’s save the actor, and focus on the character Jacob.
I think it’s pictured like a kind of ridicolous, at least sometimes… for instance:
1_ he promises, on ladders, after the cinema, not to do "what Edward would have done", that is to say, leave Bella, and after few hours, punctually, he leaves, of course, as a friend (not being more), when he turns out to be potentially dangerous because irascible werewolf. Well he does exactly the same of Edward after having harshly criticizing him ... in other words, away from Bella for her own good, because of their potentially danger in their nature of "monsters"
2_ he rejoices for having succeeded in forcing Bella to ask him to kiss him ... because this is what he did ... the kiss that she asked him ... oh, well it was the only way to stop him from the suicidal-homicidal fury, and it is so obvious from how the whole scene is presented (he, who threatens to kill himself, she, who does not know how to stop him, etc.)
3_ he exults on the bed, because he would have been able to make Bella admit who knows what feelings, while she had already said "I love you" in the woods in front of Edward, adding that she would choose Edward and always Edward and, well, “I love you” means a lots of things...
4_ he appears really measly, despite the availability of defending Bella, because he tries in any possible way to stop Bella from saving Edward, while, on the contrary, Edward doesn't prevent Bella of any stimulus, any friend, always leaving one space for Jacob, too, and more, he himself offers this possibility when she is still unaware (the birthday, at school) ... of course this until Edward realizes Jacob is unreliable (kissing Bella against her will)
5_ well, actually he is also terribly silly when he is proud to be "more" of the vampires, and believes to prove it with the killing of Laurent ... yes ... a whole pack against only one ....
6_ but the best comes at the his ridiculous words when, after Bella in the woods makes it clear how things stand, he reacts against Edward that "would speak on her behalf" just because he was about to go away with Bella . Too bad that Bella had spoken so clearly and more than enough by herself, and not only that, but she was already leaving him, having started to move away physically, to go away ... pathetic.

How can the plot be really satisfying when the rival character is so ridiculous?