Les Sims 2 Technical/sims2/computer problems solved!

XChatterbox14x posted on Mar 17, 2011 at 07:50PM
I was struggling with my sims 2 a few weeks ago, it was running fine until i bought 2 new expansion packs and i uploaded them. Everytime i went on the game it would freeze and close down coming up with an error everytime i clicked on a nieghbourhood to play. I was looking all over the internet to try and fix the problem and i got very confused. My dad though fixed the problem and i'd like to share it to help others, and for others to post any solutions to game problems. First uninstall all your games, install sims 2 back on. After installation go and download the patch for the sims 2 from the sims 2 website. Go onto your desktop where there should be a shortcut to the game, right click. Select properties then compatibility. Select one of the compatibility modes then run the game seeing if this works if it dosen't keep on choosing a different mode. Upload all games one by one with patches, and changing the compatibility mode to the same one you chose for sims 2. This should stop the interupted loading of the nieghbourhood screen - apparantly my laptop did this because it was too better of a machine to run sims 2, so we had to put the compatibility mode to XP hope this helps :)

Les Sims 2 No réponses