Héros de l’Olympe The Heroes of Olympus(Switcheroo) My Version

Nicolicious posted on Jan 03, 2013 at 07:07AM
So I was digging a hole in the ground in a sweltering 40 Degrees Celcius and thought of this:
What if Annabeth went to Camp Jupiter instead of Percy and Reyna went to CHB instead of Jason?
I don't know if its already been done and all, but I just wanted to try making one, so enough with my rambling.

Rating: T, but only because I'm paranoid.

Synopsis(Yes! I can spell it!): Reyna wakes up on a bus with two Demi-Gods called Leo and Piper. The thing is she doesn't know who they are or what she is doing on that bus. She doesn't even remember who she is.
A few months later Annabeth wakes up at the Wolf House with the immortal wolf goddess Lupa. Annabeth doesn't remember who she is. She only remembers one name from her past. Percy.

Disclaimer: Uncle Rick owns it all. Even the story....well the main idea of the plot...sorta.

Please enjoy my story! Oh and don't forget to give me lots of love hearts and cake!
-------------------------------
Chapter 1

Reyna
Even before Reyna got attacked by Storm Spirits she was having a bad day.
She woke up in the backseat of a school bus, not sure where she was, leaning on the shoulder of a guy she didn't know. That wasn't really the bad part. The guy was kinda cute, but she didn't know who he was or what she was doing there. She sat up and rubbed her eyes, trying to think.
A few dozen kids were sitting in seats in front of her chatting, sleeping or listening to iPods, iPhones and other things. They look around her age...which was what? She couldn't figure that part out. They looked around Fifteen/Sixteen. Does that mean she was that old?
The bus drove along a bumpy road. Reyna looked out the windows and saw a desert roll by. Reyna was pretty sure she didn't live in a desert. Wait where did she live?
The guy next to her squeezed her hand. "Reyna, you okay?" He asked. He wore an Army Fatigue Jacket and a pair of brown jeans. He had curly black hair, pointy ears, a mischievous smile and a Latino Santa's Elf face. Straight away Reyna knew this guy could not be trusted around sharp objects and matches. He kept drumming his fingers on the chair, sweeping his hair behind his ears, fiddling with buttons on his jacket. Either this guy was naturally hyper or he was hopped up on enough super and caffeine to give a heart attack to a water buffalo.
Reyna wormed her hand out of his. "Um, I don't—"
In the front if the bus, a teacher shouted, "All right, cupcakes, listen up!"
The guy was obviously a coach. His baseball cap was pulled low over his hair, so you could just see his beady eyes. He had a wispy goatee and a sour face, like he'd eaten something moldy. His buff arms and chest pushed up against a bright orange polo shirt. His nylon workout pant and Nikes were spotless white. A whistle hung from his neck, and a megaphone was clipped to his belt. He would've looked pretty scary if he hadn't been five feet zero. When he stood up in the aisle, one of the students called, "Stand up, Coach Hedge!"
"I heard that!" The coach scanned the bus for the offender. Then his eyes fixed on Reyna, and his scowl deepened.
A shudder went down Reyna's spine. She was sure the coach knew she didn't belong there. He was going to call Reyna out, demand to know what she was doing on the bus and Reyna would stand her ground that's for sure.
But the Coach looked away and cleared his throat.
"We'll arrive in five minutes! Stay with your partner. Don't lose your worksheet. And if any of you precious little cupcakes causes any trouble on this trip, I will personally send you back to the Campus. The hard way."
He picked up a baseball bag and made an action like he was hitting a home run.
Reyna looked at the guy next to her. "He can't talk to us like that!"
He shrugged. "Always does Rey. This is the Wilderness School. 'Where the kids are the animals'." He says quoting the air.
"This is a mistake," Reyna said frowning. "I'm not supposed to be here."
The boy laughed. "Yeah, right, Reyna. We've all been framed! I didn't run away six times. Piper didn't steal a BMW."
The girl in front of us turned around and blushed. "I didn't steal that car, Leo!"
"Oh I forgot, Piper. What was your story? You 'talked' the dealer into lending it to you?" He raised his eyebrows at Reyna like, Can you believe her?
Piper wore faded jeans, hiking boots, and a fleece snowboarding jacket. Her chocolate brown hair was cut choppy and uneven, with thin strands braided down the sides. She wore no makeup like she was trying not to draw attention to herself, but it didn't work. She was kind of pretty. He eyes seemed to change colour like a kaleidoscope—brown, blue, green.
"Anyway," Leo said, "I hope you've got your worksheet 'cause I used mine to spit wads the other day. Why are you looking at me like hat? Somebody draw on my face again?"
"I don't know you." Reyna said.
Leo gave her a crocodile grin. "Sure. I'm not your boy friend. I'm his evil clone."
"Leo Valdez!" Coach Hedge yelled from the front. "Problem back there?"
Leo winked at Reyna. "Watch this." He turned to the front. "Sorry, coach! I was having trouble hearing you. Could you use your megaphone, please?"
Coach Hedge grunted like he was pleased to have an excuse. He unclipped the megaphone from his belt and continued giving directions, but his voice came out as Darth Vader's. the kids cracked up. The coach tried again, but this time the megaphone blared: "The cow says moo!"
The kids howled, Reyna just scowled at their immaturity, and the coach slammed down the megaphone. "Valdez!"
Piper stifled a laugh. "My god, Leo. How did you do that?"
Leo slipped a tiny Phillips screwdriver from his sleeve. "I'm a special boy."
"You two, seriously." Reyna demanded freaking out on the inside. "What am I doing here? Where are we going?"
Piper knit her eyebrows. "Reyna, are you joking?"
"No. Firstly I would never joke about something like that! And secondly I have no idea—"
"Aw, yeah, she's joking." Leo said. "She's just trying to get us back for hat shaving cream in the Jello-O thing, aren't you?"
Reyna scowled.
"No I think she's serious." Piper frowned. Leo tried to take her hand again, but she pulled away.
"I don't know you" She said "What is going—?"
"That's it!" Coach yelled from the front. "The back just volunteered to clean up after lunch!"
The rest of the kids cheered.
"There's a shocker," Piper muttered.
But Leo ket his eyes on Reyna, like he couldn't decide whether to be hurt or worried. "Did you hit your head or something Rey? You really don't know who we are?"
Reyna shrugged. "It's worse than that. I don't know who I am."

Héros de l’Olympe 15 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an Blaze_of_Ares said…
Awesome, great idea Cara
il y a plus d’un an Nicolicious said…
Thanks.
So Annabeth will be in Camp Jupiter, is she gonna outsmart the Roman and how about the daughter of Minerva thing....
You will find out.
laugh
Bah! back in the days we find out before everyone! and we liked it!
Not anymore.
laugh
that was Ridiculous talking, you know, the lar
cool
I know.
tongue
Good for you
il y a plus d’un an teamleo said…
big smile
This story is cool! Plz post soon!!
Cara! Can I gut animals or people here!? Katie won't let me on her story!
Um...okay. Sure.

Annabeth
The snake-haired ladies where starting to annoy Annabeth.
They should have died three days ago when she dropped a crate of bowling balls on them at the Napa Bargain Mart. They should have died two days ago when she ran them over with a police car in Martinez. They definitely should have died this morning when she cut off their heads in Tilden Park.
No matter how many times Annabeth killed them and watched them crumble to power, they just kept reforming like large evil dust bunnies. She couldn't even seem to outrun them.
He reached the top of the hill and caught his breath. How long since she'd last killed them? Maybe two hours. They never seemed stayed dead longer than that.
The past few days, shed hardly slept. She'd eaten whatever she could scrounge – vending machine gummi bears, stale bagels, even one of those horrible Jack in a Crack Burritos, not to mention that her cloths were covered in monster slime.
She'd only survived so long because the two snake-haired ladies – gorgans, they called themselves – could never manage to actually lay a finger on her. See she had this 'magical' cap. Whenever she put it on the Gorgons could 'smell' her, – as they told her – but never see her. She kept managing to get away from them each time they got in for a attack. But Annabeth couldn't keep going much longer. Soon she'd collapse from exhaustion, and then the Gorgons would pounce.
Where to run?
She scanned her surroundings. Under different circumstances, she might have enjoyed the view and the buildings below. To his left, golden hills rolled inland, dotted with lakes, woods and a few herds of cows. To her right, the flatlands of Berkeley and Oakland marched west – a vast chequerboard of neighbourhoods, with several million people who probably didn't want their morning interrupted by two monsters and a filthy Demi-God.
Further west, San Francisco Bay glittered under a silvery haze. Past that, a wall of fog had swallowed most of San Francisco, leaving just the top of skyscrapers and the towers of the Golden Gate Bridge.
A vague sadness weighed on Annabeth's chest. Something told her shed been to San Francisco before. The city had some connection to her and the guy Percy – the only person she could remember from her past. Her memory of him was frustratingly dim. The wolf had promised she would see him again and regain his memory – if he succeeded in her journey.
Should she try to cross the bay?
It was tempting. She could smell of salt of the ocean just over the horizon. Water always made her feel better. Salt water was he best. It reminded her of the Percy guy. Just a little bit. She would go there. Hope the ago ranks couldn't cross water. But the shore was at least two miles away. He'd have to cross an entire city.
She hesitated for another reason. The she-wolf Lupa had taught her to sharpen her senses – to trust the instincts that had been guiding her south. Her homing radar was tingling like crazy now. The end of the journey was close – almost right under her feet. But how could that be? There was nothing on the hilltop.
The wind changed. Annabeth caught the sour scent of reptile. A hundred yards down the slope, something rustled through the woods – snapping branches, crunching leaves, hissing.
Gorgons.
For the millionth time, Annabeth wished their noses weren't so good. As she had mentioned before, they had always said they could smell her because she was a Demi-God – the half-blood daughter of some old Roman god. Annabeth had tried rolling in mud, splashing through creeks, even keeping air-freshener sticks in her pockets so shed have that new-car smell, but apparently Demi-God stink was hard to mask.
She scrambled to the west side of the summit. It was top steep to descend. The slope plummeted eighty feet, straight to the roof of an apartment complex built into the hillside. Fifty feet below that, a highway emerged from the hill's base and wound its way towards Berkeley.
Great. No other way off the hill. She'd managed to get herself cornered.
She stared at the stream of cars flowing west towards San Fran and wished she were in one of them. Then she realised the highway must cut through the hill. There must be a tunnel....right under her feet.
Her internal radar went nuts. She was in the right place, just too high up. She had to check out that tunnel. She needed a way down to the highway – fast.
She slung of her backpack. She'd managed to grab a lot of supplies at the Napa Bargain Mart: a portable GPS, duct tape, lighter, superglue, water bottle, camping roll, a comfy Pillow Pet and a Swiss Army Knife – pretty much every tool a modern Demi-God could want. But she had nothing that would serve as a parachute or a sled.
That left her two options: jump eighty feet to her death, or stand and fight. Both options sounded pretty bad.
She cursed and pulled out her Bronze Dagger from her backpack.
The dagger was on her when she woke up at the Wolf House – two months ago? More? She'd lost track. She'd found herself in the courtyard of a burnt-out mansion in the middle of the woods, wearing shorts, an orange T-Shirt and a leather necklace with a bunch if strange clay beads and a ring. Her dagger had been in her hand, but Annabeth had no idea how she'd got there, and with only the vaguest idea of who she was. She'd been barefoot, freezing and confused. And then the wolves came...
Right next to her, a familiar voice jolted her back to the present: "There you are!"
Annabeth stumbled away from the Gorgon, almost falling off the edge of the hill.
It was the smiley one – Beano.
Okay, her name wasn't really Beano. As near as Annabeth could figure, she was dyslexic, because words got twisted around when she tried to read. The first time she'd seen the gorgon, posing as a Bargain Mart greeter with a big green button that read: Welcome! My name is STHENO, she'd thought it said BEANO.
She was still wearing her green Bargain Mart employee vest over a flower-print dress. If you looked just at her body, you might think she was somebody's dumpy old grandmother – until you looked down and realised she had Rooster feet. Or you looked up and saw bronze boar tusks sticking out of the corners her her mouth. Her eyes glowed red, and her hair was a writhing nest of snakes.
The most horrible thing about her? She was still holding her big silver platter of free samples: Crispy Cheese 'n' Wieners.
Her platter was dented from all the times Annabeth had killed her, but those little samples looked perfectly fine. Stheno just kept toting them across California so she could offer Annabeth a snack before she killed her. Annabeth didn't know why she kept doing that, but if she ever needed anything to protect her she was going to make it our of Crispy Cheese 'n' Wieners. They were indestructible.
"Try one?" Stheno offered.
Annabeth fended her off with her dagger. "Where's your sister?"
"Oh put that weapon away," Stheno chided. "You know by now that even Celestial Bronze can't kill us for long. Have a Cheese 'n' Wiener! They're on sale this week, and I'd hate to kill you on an empty stomach."
"Stheno!" The second Gorgon appeared to Annabeth's right so fast she didn't have time to react. Fortunately she was too busy glaring at her sister to pay Annabeth much attention. "I told you to sneak up on her and kill her!"
Stheno's smile wavered. "But Euryale..." She said the name so it rhymed with Muriel. "I can't give her a sample first?"
"No, you imbecile!" Euryale turned towards Annabeth and bared her fangs.
Except for her hair, which was a nest of coral sakes instead of green vipers, she looked exactly like her sister. He pr Bargain Mart vest, flowery dress, even her tusks were decorated with 50% OFF stickers. Her name badge read: Hello! My name is DIE DEMIGOD SCUM!
"You've led us on quite a chase, Annabeth Chase," Euryale said. "But one you're trapped, and we'll have our revenge!"
"The Cheese 'n' Wieners are only $2.99," Stheno added helpfully. "Grocery Department, aisle three."
Euryale snarled. "Stheno, the Bargain Mart was a front! You're going native! Now, put down that ridiculous tray and help me kill this Demi-God. Or have you forgotten the she helped vaporise Medusa?"
Annabeth stepped back. Six more inches, and she'd be tumbling though thin air. "Look Gorgons, we've been over this. I don't even remember helping kill Medusa. I don't even remember anything! Can't we just call a truce and talk about your weekly specials?"
I'm copying this out of the book and rewriting it as Annabeth.
big smile
Awesome writing Cara
Thanks.