fanpop question about "Broken" vidéos

mycrownofjewels posted on Apr 27, 2011 at 04:01AM
Just a question to the fanpop team... I uploaded a video recently that was not broken. It was reported as broken by multiple users, but I checked it and all appeared to be working fine. The message I received was if nothing's wrong with it, then take no action, and hours later, it was removed by administrators. I'm confused and thought to bring it up. I don't know if it wasn't available in a particular region, etc., and it was mistaken for broken? I only bring it up because I've reported actual broken content on other spots literally months if not a year ago, and for some reason, they do not get taken down. Yet unbroken content does? I'm certainly not angry, but just confused about the situation. Not sure where else to post this... Thanks if anyone can let me know how things like this operate. :)

fanpop 6 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an germany123 said…
smile
not on the fanpop team but that seems a little odd. are you sure it was REmoved not moved? maybe someone reported it and accidentally hit "broken" instead of miscategorized and the f4 saw it moved it but you got the automated message for "broken"!?
i havent ever reported a video that was only visible in the the US nor one that didnt allow embedding (though those are pointless and should be added as links)but i know people do that because i remember there being a huge annoyance with the HULU and CBS vids that i RELUCTANTLY didnt report ;)

the only other case i can think of is privacy settings. was it a youtube video? cause i know that in the past i have reported those as broken when i get the error that the video is private. and then i guess that the user who posted it CAN see it but no one else can. because youtube is the devil WE ALL KNOW THAT!EVIL EVIL EVIL GOOGLETUBE!!!!

i get how your case is a lil annoying and normally i dont recommend EVER to add again after something was removed but: maybe add it again with a comment/description of what happened and then people have the chance to help you oot in the comments. also put a link here then i can look at it- your profile doesnt say where youre from!?
at least i could tell you what it looks like from my part of the world!

il y a plus d’un an mycrownofjewels said…
Hey, thanks for the response. The link is here: link (and I posted it to the Lady Gaga spot). It's from the HBO channel, so I don't think it would be private
But it's odd now because when I checked the spot again, it's posted by a different user? I don't know if this is a coincidence or not... It's also the same video though posted by a different youtube uploader
il y a plus d’un an germany123 said…
its not private but can not be viewed in germany thats for sure! this might explain why it was reported but not why it was removed cause i cant imagine the pop removing content just cause its only visible in the US!?
monkey
It was probably just an oversight then
il y a plus d’un an ineedcoffee said…
laugh
not only in germany but canada as well, lol