fanpop What should we do about posers?

Dada posted on Apr 17, 2011 at 07:13PM
Recently I've been battling with a few posers, mostly one who has fooled many people. I've made a few link on this poser. I would like to get some help. What do you guys think we should do about them? How can we open people's eyes to seeing they are not who they say they are and we should not believe everything we hear? How can we stop their game?

I would appreciate any opinions.
save

fanpop 6 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an germany123 said…
big smile
ah i ask you WHAT DO WE DO ABOOT THE MOVING USER ICONS??? DONT YOU KNOW WHATS IMPORTANT IN THIS WORLD???????:P

uhm..i have been wondering aboot this. thing is: i think its funny when i see stuff posted like I AM THE REAL TAYLOR SWIFT ETC ETC so i cant even be mad. even funnier are the people buying it.
i wouldnt even doubt that celebs go online and maybe find stuff and just for the heck of it make a throw away account to comment. i also know of one user here who for sure was a close friend/brother or something of the lovely cobie smulders because this guy had info no one else could have. but he was polite and sweet aboot everything and would just correct quizzes or sometimes hint at stuff which turned oot to be true. but all in all he probably left like....5 comments!? and i am pretty sure that at some point we actually asked him to confirm something and he did. AFTER WE SPECIFICALLY ASKED HIM...so maybe on his own accord he left like...2 comments :P
and i dont ever recall him saying : DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!!?? he didnt we just FIGURED cause he was so well informed.
so while i dont doubt that celebs would fanpop occasionally for the heck of it they would ALWAYS pretend to be some regular user.

fact of the matter: i dont care and more importantly the F4 dont seem to care or they would ban these people...but since they dont *shrug* i read it and i laugh, wait for some edrama and somehow hope that a good story will come of it. and i cant wait for some article of some disappointed idiot going I CALLED JUSTIN BIEBER AND HE NEVER PICKED UP

have you actually reported these accounts? cause i just went to your wall reported the bunch of them on your list with a note explaining the situation cause it just occurred to me the f4 might not even be aware
last edited il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an Dada said…
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll have to leave it be a bit. I've never gotten so into trying to bust them so much. I have reported one, but I don't think they will do anything. They should remove the user "accademy" though since they are pretending to be part of the Fanpop team.
wink
i reported that, too!
il y a plus d’un an misanthrope86 said…
You have to report them. A number of them get removed when they are actually reported by people, BUT I'm pretty sure that it is necessary to write in the notes of the report that you are reporting them because they are impersonating a celebrity etc. Almost every impersonator that I have reported has been deleted if I have said that in the notes of a report. However, link somehow escape deletion. For those that don't lose their Fanpop lives, all you can do is ignore them and spread the word that other people should ignore them too. Problems arise when people start getting abusive about it. Its stupid behaviour, but yelling at people like that does nothing but encourage them.
last edited il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an Dada said…
Alright. Thanks for that. I'll start ignoring and tell people to do the same.