fanpop Things toi don't like about fanpop??

aleciane posted on Sep 29, 2007 at 06:00PM
Mine is that people have issues with me and decide to just rate everything that I do a 1...so much for the petty ratings soapbox article...

I sound like a broken record but this is just ridiculous...it is just a website...if u don't like me then don't talk to me and don't rate anything that I do...simple as that!

fanpop 36 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an aleciane said…
feel free to add
il y a plus d’un an AR55 said…
Your avatar.
oh what do you know!!?? a rude comment!!! why am i not surprised??
il y a plus d’un an maybeastarbucks said…
Wow, that was really mean, AR55. I like your icon, aleciane. It brings to mind all your fantastic contributions.

Anyway, my pet peeve is people not rating content. I can post, post, post and wait for three weeks and not have a single rating - mainly on images, I've found.
il y a plus d’un an slytherin360 said…
I hate it when people look at something you posted and dont comment/ rate. I have to wait forever for feedback
il y a plus d’un an JulieL44 said…
Well, I've posted more than 2 pages of really good live performances in the Jason Mraz spot 1 month ago and I still don't have one rating on any of them!!! So I would say people that don't rate things really bother me! It feels like I'm the only one listening to those videos out of the 95 fans of the spot :(
il y a plus d’un an dodgeball_beast said…
Definitely. People tend to not get involved with the rating and commenting thing. That makes it tough when some of us enjoy that feedback so much.
il y a plus d’un an amazondebs said…
keywords, i usual try and find stuff through fanpop first like episode of shows or a particular image so it annoys me when i search "full episode season 1 skins" and it not come up with anything and then find about three in the skins spot after about 20 pages of searching

but this is more user issues than with actual fanpop

cause you know fanpop being a rocking and all
i agree about the keywords "issue"! Since I have added so much, it is hard to go back and fix my keywords...and my idea of how things should be tagged is different than everyone else's.
il y a plus d’un an aholic said…
I hate that I can only add 10 images at the time when you don't have a red or yellow medal. It should be 50. I can find 200 pictures with the same keywords but it takes forever to add them and it can be confusing too.

People don't add so many keywords which can be a problem when you search for something.

I also hate spots with many fans but zero raters. I can understand it with spots with only 3 fans but that's it! 3fans + = everything should be rated. It makes me don't want to contribute.
il y a plus d’un an claire-aka-bob said…
i dont like rude fans, i once posted a pick about johnny depp and someone refused to answer because they thought johnny depp was 'wierd' and they said that in the comment - if you have to say something like that, say it in your head. their is no need to say horrible thing like that just becuse you dislike someone or something!
she didn't even say it politely, it was...
'i dont want to answer this pick becuse i dont like johnny depp is wiiiiiieeeeeerd!!!!'

EDIT : typo
last edited il y a plus d’un an
yeah i see that a lot actually...i noticed people will go into spots that they aren't even fans of and make rude comments about the spot and/or rate things on the spot really low
Yeah. Why go to a spot you hate?
il y a plus d’un an amazondebs said…
i know what you mean about different tagging aleciane, i always have to add what the content is like 'image' 'photo' 'video' ect

i think so sometimes when a spot is the same as another spot but it just has a different name or it is a spot against something then i think it's okay to speak out but i have done that in the past and someone has told me to go to another spot not so politley as aholic put it

oh and nice to see you commenting aleciance i feel like i havn't seen you around in ages :)
il y a plus d’un an ineedcoffee said…
I don't get the not rating on here either or the rating properly credited and tagged stuff 1's just because you don't like a user or maybe they are jealous who knows but I will say that to all who take the time and effort I am greatful and will give you all the respect you deserve...
il y a plus d’un an ali22 said…
People not rating and being rude just for the sake of it are things I dont like. One thing thats really starting to annoy me though is some of the picks that get posted. Dont get me wrong....I love picks but there's far too many of them getting posted that have been done so quick the spelling is crap and no thought has went into them at all.
il y a plus d’un an dazl said…
Agreed, Ali. It annoys me that some people put a load of work into picks, finding pictures and making sure they are okay to publish, when others just throw up the same old picks that have been asked. New users I understand, but older users should know better!
amazondebs: i am always here :D lol

ali & dazl: i unsubscribed to numerous spots because there were too many picks being added!! so i understand exactly how you feel...especially when you can't even understand what the pick is even asking!

ineedcoffee: i also believe in giving respect to the users for the content they add, but i also believe in by rating them based on content and not just giving them 5s because they added something, is really important. That is why the fanpop 4 got rid of self-ratings, because everyone gave themselves 5s
il y a plus d’un an Saul_Mikoliunas said…
I know this is incredibly immature but I read you saying "What do you dislike about fanpop" Then I saw Ar55's reply and I wanted to say something like "Ar55's face"
However I am too nice to say something like that...Oh no wait...Oops =P
il y a plus d’un an tessajanuary said…
One thing I don't like, aside from what's already been said, is that you can't search for a certain type of content or just within a certain spot. I'd also really like to be able to search for users. I guess, though, that these are more annoyances than big problems with the site :)
I was never around for the time when you could rate your own stuff, but then i don't add alot of stuff so i really don't notice it much but please let me know if you come across any of my old stage 6 videos, because they are not listed anymore but apparently they are showing up some how I just can't find them...lol
il y a plus d’un an DrDevience said…
People getting medals who do not put in proper keywords or/and image credits. That one really pisses me off.
il y a plus d’un an fitzdude said…
i hate how some people are so uptight,know-it-all and take everything way too personally !! plus some people are so opinionated it huurtts! lol.
il y a plus d’un an fitzdude said…
oh yeah and AR55,, arrogant tosser
il y a plus d’un an germany123 said…
those darn hulu vids appearing in my updates section. thats just mean!
I hate that people add many things to a spot but never rates what other people put in the same spot.
aholic: i agree
i have been trying to go through as many spots as possible and rate things

ratings are extremely important

and i also feel that when i see a spot that has a lot of activity and not enough rating, it frustrates me...lol
that really annoys me when you have over 2-4000 fans but only a hand full are raters and it is always the same ones gets frustrateing.
il y a plus d’un an kathiria82 said…
I don`t like how some people take Fanpop way too seriously! Last time I checked Dave created this site so we can enjoy the net in a whole new way and have fun. Add content, earn medals, rate, relax and have some fun! :]
I agree but sometimes it has to be serious to be fun. Well sometimes.
il y a plus d’un an Gabitha said…
Repeat Picks really really get on my rocker lol and when i say as a comment (in a nice way of cource) This is a repeat or whatever then i get like rude comments aimed at me and at times emails, so then i have to agree also with some poeple being a little bit uptight so agree with kathiria82 the site was made to be enjoyed... :D
il y a plus d’un an ali22 said…
I agree with you too Kathiria.

People posting content and apologising for it being a repeat. If they know it's already been posted......why post it again??
il y a plus d’un an mycrownofjewels said…
Batch posts of images that don't have specific keywords or titles, posting content for the sake of posting content (ie. slideshow videos, pointless paparazzi shots), not being able to view images all at the same time (sifting through pages to try and find something), spelling errors in picks and other posts especially when it makes you double check before posting, when another option is posted on a pick like "I don't care" because I feel like if you don't care, just don't pick ... pet peeves really
il y a plus d’un an Cyrusrocks said…
I think the worst part about fanpop is That When u do a link, the URL changes to water part of fanpop it is, i mean come on, how stupid is that, u have to put the link in the URL spot, and then paste it on the description
il y a plus d’un an harold said…
I'll talk about intentional features rather than buggy behavior; I don't like bugs, but it's not like anybody's chosen to have the bugs. Features are a different story.

Primary thing I don't like: Definitely the horrible video ads that play endless loops and often appear more than once on a page, slightly out of sync, so you hear the ad twice, overlapping. There's often no way to mute the ad, and the site won't load new pages until the ad has finished loading, so not only does the ad mess up your audio, but it slows down your use of the site. Any ads that force people to either stop using the site or start using an ad blocker so that the ad revenue from click-throughs diminishes is a serious problem. I don't see this kind of ad on any other site, anywhere.

Secondary thing I don't like: how IM interferes with my view/use of the rest of the site. I pretty much stay logged-off of IM now, even though I enjoy it, because it gets in the way so much.

Tertiary thing I don't like: the word-balloon presentation of comments/forum threads. Some people have said that it looks more friendly, but it takes up so much more "real estate" on the page, requiring me to scroll a lot more and click more pages to read the same amount of information. I also haven't seen this elsewhere, and to me it looks juvenile.

Quaternary thing I don't like (this is kind of a bug, but I really don't like it and it should have been addressed long ago): that answer requests and answers aren't separate filters for "My updates". They really should be separate, because the interest in them is totally separate: you want to see new questions when they're asked so that you may answer them, but you want to see answers because you are interested in getting an answer to that question yourself. Similarly, multiple answers for a given answer request shouldn't show up as separate updates in "my updates"; the system should iterate the update, such as "5 answers were added to this question: blah blah bladitty-blah" rather than having 5 separate instances of "an answer was added to this question: blah blah bladitty-blah".

Edit: the last one is not a bug, after all: it's a feature limitation.
il y a plus d’un an rusty746454 said…
when people do picks that are really questions biggest pet peeve

when no one rates content on spots

when people message me and i cant even tell what they are saying with there txt talk

when it doesnt let me add and image on a comment because it came off my camera

when someone sends you 20 messages a day, otherwise known as over kill