fanpop I noticed something

kathiria82 posted on Jun 20, 2007 at 04:36AM
I noticed that now when you upload five images and rate them they all get rated at the same time. I know that didn't happen before. Cool!

fanpop 39 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an dave said…
Haha...yeah we just fixed that. :) Nice catch image queen! We thought you'd like that!
il y a plus d’un an kathiria82 said…
Thank you! lol
il y a plus d’un an harold said…
So, I like the new fanprops feature!
Also, I meant to comment on this on Friday: I like how the Activity section for a user breaks down into different kinds of links, questions, images and comments (though I do miss having a total of all links).

Ooh - I also wanted to congratulate you all on the "ratings" count...that way we can see who is helping the site even if they don't post a lot of content. That's REALLY cool (and it helps inform my vote for "fan of the fortnight" questions)...Dave, holy cow, you rate a lot of stuff! Good for you!
last edited il y a plus d’un an
I agree with Harold, I think having a total of links was better but the new feature is pretty cool.

P.S. Harold congratulations on fatherhood, your baby is so precious, God Bless it!
Thanks Kathiria! Happy Independence Day!

I just noticed the tally of successful invitations - that's nice, guys! I have to say, though, that I feel a little bereft, since it clearly isn't counting all the users who've joined from invitations that were sent before the feature was launched...not just for me, but for other users I've checked who have invited many others to the site. Still, it's another thing to feel competitive about, and that's nice.
il y a plus d’un an tubby2002 said…
When you rate the five pics at once, i have noticted that yes it gives you the stars for the pics that you just posted BUT if you look at the numbers it still says rating 0.0 by 0 fans so you still have to go back and rate them.
Yes tubby, I thought I was the only one who noticed that.
il y a plus d’un an michael said…
In case you're wondering why we haven't fixed the ratings bugs yet, we're in the process of going through the ratings system and seeing what works and what doesn't right now. Since we'll be changing a lot of the code, we'll be fixing the bugs (or working around them) when we implement the ratings updates.

On the topic of invitation counts - before we recorded invitations on if the user registered from the URL sent in the e-mail. We're now associating the user during the entire session (as long as they came to fanpop through your invitation e-mail). Now, if you receive a message telling you your friend has joined, then you should get credit for it!
So I just noticed the change to the "top nav": the bar that appears at the top of the site, on every page. It used to be much smaller, but now has a large black box in it (possibly a placeholder for a banner ad?). I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I have noticed one improvement in the site behavior related to this:

When you click a link to another part of fanpop, you no longer have nested banners. Before, you'd click on a link to a spot and the page would load with a little frame header showing the original link, with the normal Fanpop navigation below it, leading to a situation of two fanpop headers stacked atop one another. That's gone, now, and I like it.
il y a plus d’un an HouseFreak said…
yea Ill have to get used to this new navigation bar, I keep pressing sign out when I just want to go to the home page.
il y a plus d’un an michael said…
Harold, we fixed the frame header bug a couple weeks ago.
Oh, so it's not related? Hmm. It occurred to me while I was at the gym this morning (after I wrote that earlier) that the ads seem to have disappeared, for the moment. So I suspect that this is a placeholder for banner ads...

Edit: By the way, this demonstrates how little I've been on the site lately! A couple of weeks?!? Wow...
Now you can see the comments you make on videos and go back to the images you comment on in your activity!
I just noticed that long forum threads have been wrapped to multiple pages, so you neither have to scroll forever to get to the end nor wait for ages for all the comments to load...Cool!
il y a plus d’un an HouseFreak said…
yes I would like to thank you guys for that! it was driving me insane, Im so thankful! =]
il y a plus d’un an Crazy-Chica said…
Thanks for that too guys

but i do have a problemo... i dont particularly like the advertisments on the top and how mi name and everything is small....
I just don't like that the most recent comments in the forums are on the last page, shouldn't they be on the first page?
I just noticed how embedding options are now provided for pictures and videos. Cool!
Yeah, I noticed that a few days ago.
I just noticed that clicking on a keyword in a link brings up a filtered search for that keyword only in the same spot, rather than in the whole site. Not sure how much I like that, actually.
il y a plus d’un an amazondebs said…
i think that works better, especially if it's like a episode name or a character name

although i see how for spots like france and paris it would work better the other way
the comments are looking like they've been spaced a bit further apart is this just my computer messing around or is a different lay out?
il y a plus d’un an hooch-is-crazy said…
there's nothing really wrong with this but medals seem to be inside little boxes now.

(is it fanpop's way to stop people stealing medals? because i don't think that they got the right meaning to it if it is)
lol hooch, my medals arn't in boxes?
are the little purple ones cause mine does that when the computer was on the fritz
no, i mean if you look at the medal inside the spot icon on your profile, there's a box in the icon and in the box there's a medal
check your medals, especially in the simpsons spot and you'll noticea little white square around your medal
nope, no white boxes for debs lol I can't see them on other profiles either, maybe you really have gone crazy!
il y a plus d’un an tubby2002 said…
Mine are. It is hard to tell but if you look closely enough around the edges you can see them... you have them too amazondebs. I am pretty sure that everyone does.
hey wait a minute, i'm at the computer at the library and i can see the little boxes

anyone know any reason why my laptop wouldn't, it's a perfectly good laptop that's only a year old
Needless to say, the Pop Quiz feature has just been launched. Bravo!
I just noticed we could save forums . Holy hell, when did that happen?
Just noticed the new "Clubs you have in common" feature when viewing someone's profile. Kinda cool, kinda extraneous. Needless to say, it's very useful when both you and the person you're viewing are fans of a LOT of clubs, so more cool than not. Bravo!
il y a plus d’un an rusty746454 said…

phew this happened way back before my time although i was here when you could save forums. I am almost on my 2nd year. Also what does everybody think about the updates feature?
Just noticed the Fanpop caps feature: whoa. Now we have achievements!

What's your favorite Fanpop cap, and/or which one do you want the most?
il y a plus d’un an germany123 said…
did the motto font and colour change or do i need to adjust my meds?
 did the devise font and colour change ou do i need to adjust my meds?
il y a plus d’un an Saul_Mikoliunas said…
You need to adjust your meds Germony. The font and colopur has totally changed but I still think you should adjust your meds =P
il y a plus d’un an Saul_Mikoliunas said…
Oops. Germany and colour, but I think I prefer colopur.
I just noticed something:

Fanpop is actually situated in Atlantis!

Well, the servers are, anyway. I just got a cap for April Fool's Day...and it isn't April Fool's Day anywhere in the US yet. The only place where it just became April Fool's Day is in the middle of the Atlantic ocean...coincidence, or part of the Ancient Ones' secret plan for conquest?