fanpop In Need Of Medal Help!

axlluver43 posted on Sep 07, 2008 at 02:41AM
I know I'm a bit new but I've been posting a LOAD of stuff on different spots and I still haven't gotten medals. So, what am I doing wrong? And does my stuff have to be popular in order to get medals?

PLEASE HELP!

fanpop 3 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an claire-aka-bob said…
you are not doing anything wrong
just keep adding good content and people will rate it
eventually you will get a medal ♥
il y a plus d’un an germany123 said…
fanpop is not aboot medals :)
if youre adding content in order to get medals..thats just not very fanpopesque
il y a plus d’un an harold said…
Look in the FAQ for the official take on medals.

However, there has been a LOT of broad conjecture about how they work from the users (which has been discussed many, many times in this forum before, which is probably why you haven't had more helpful replies):
* medals are specific to a given club
* the amount of content that you post that is viewed and/or rated in a given club seems to be the primary factor in determining whether you get a medal there.
* red medals (fanatic) have given some minor editing capabilities (suggest images for logo and banner?) in a given club at different times in the past (and maybe still do)
* medals don't seem to go away (you can't 'lose' a medal after earning one)

Stuff that's not clear:
* what the formula for rating vs. viewing is for determining medals
* whether posting different kinds of content in a club changes the likelihood that a medal will be awarded
* whether all ratings serve toward granting a medal, or whether the higher ratings have more 'weight' than lower ratings
* whether medals are awarded in pending spots or just regular clubs (though some others might be able to answer this)
* medals seem to be awarded inconsistently at times, with single pieces of content earning a medal while scores of highly-rated content in other spots don't get medals.
* what participating in different forum threads and/or posting comments contributes to being granted a medal in a given club

Basically, the specific reasons for being granted a medal are mysterious. Delving further into it is a little fun as a puzzle, but as it involves a lot of conjecture, we're never going to know.

The sane approach is to be pleased when an award is granted, but don't make it a goal or even a point of pride. As germany123 hinted, the use of the site is its own reward!
last edited il y a plus d’un an