fanpop Users Contributions - how does it really work?

Cammie posted on Aug 23, 2008 at 03:58AM
I need some of my fellow wise fanpoppers to answer this for me: how does the contribution factor really work? I thought that I knew the answer all along as logic told me that on any given spot the fan with the most contribution to that spot was obviously the highest contributing person. However I do believe either I was wrong or there's something amiss. I shall explain.
The Bewitched spot has (as of August 2008) 132 fans. The spot was not created by me but when I joined it about seven months ago it only had two picks and half a dozen images. To this day, hardly anyone either than myself, adds anything to the spot. I would say that 90% of all images, videos, links,quizzes,etc have been contributed by me. The only other fan that ever added any content was TheCountess when she was on Fanpop.
I just checked the highest contributors list on the spot and I'm at #8 as a contributor. Fans that have never even added one single piece of content are in the top five. "Doh!" I thought, maybe it works on the principle of who rates the most content on the spot. Hmmmm, that does not work either. Because one of the few fans that ever rate the Bewitched spot is DrDevience and she stands at #4.
The same scenario is taking place in the Classic Science Fiction Movies spot. There's 17 fans there but except for some content that was again added by TheCountess I am the only one that has added in content whatsoever. On that spot I come in at #4 or #5.
I apologize if I'm asking something that has been hammered out before (I haven't been able to find any relevant infor.)but I'm kind of confused as how the contributors' assessing works.
last edited on Aug 23, 2008 at 04:02AM

fanpop Users 44 réponses

Click here to write a response...
You've gone too far. Reloading last forum page...