Daniel Faraday Episode 5x14 - The Ending DON'T READ IF toi HAVEN'T WATCHED

eclipse64 posted on Apr 30, 2009 at 02:48AM
Here is a place where we Dan fans can rant about what happened at the end of the ONLY Dan - centric we ever got.
It didn't answer anything about him!!!!!!!!!
Who else is angry that they brought him back just to shoot him! While I liked the mother -shooting - son twist, I'm still so upset that they'd kill him off! He had so much potential and was one of the better actors on the show!
What are you guy's thought on it?

Daniel Faraday 14 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an Sunshine47 said…
I agree, I'm sad that they killed him off. I loved his character and I wanted to find out more about him. It really does seem like we didn't get to know more about him.

And what upsets me is if Eloise knew that this was going to happen to Dan why did she send him back to the Island. Unless she really didn't know that was going to happen to him.
il y a plus d’un an eclipse64 said…
I really hope that Eloise was hoping that by pushing Dan to be the best he could be, that he would find a way to change the past and stop her shooting him.
In a weird way, I'm more annoyed with Jack/Kate for letting Dan waltz right into the Other's camp with a gun and get shot, instead of coming with him and making sure he got his message to the Others. With Eloise, I almost feel that it's an accident, and in the flashbacks you can see she really regrets what she's done, especially when she says to Widmore "Don't talk to me about sacrifice"
On another note, who else thinks that Jeremy Davies (Dan) deserves an Emmy for his performance? I do :)
il y a plus d’un an Sunshine47 said…
I hadn't thought of that, that Eloise was pushing Dan so that he could maybe find a way to change the past. Oh yes I was also a tad annoyed with Kate and Jack for letting him go by himself into the Other's camp.

Yes, Jeremy Davis derves an Emmy for his performance :-)
il y a plus d’un an Emm_xD said…
I agree Jeremy Davis does deserve an Emmy, he is awesome!

I'm not sure, I mean I was expecting a completely different character to die so I'm still kind of in shock about Dan's death. But is he really dead, though? You just never know with Lost lol.
il y a plus d’un an OceanCoast said…
I really didn't see that coming.
I'm just glad they addressed the memory issue before he died, because that was bugging the heck out of me last year, why a physicist who deals with complex equations couldn't remember 2/3 cards during a memory game.

Also, his "if I go would you be proud of me" line was truely heartbreaking.....poor guy!
last edited il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an courtney7488 said…
Am I the only one in denial here? I refuse to believe he's dead until we actually hear someone pronounce him dead! If he is definitely dead, at least he got a kick-ass episode (unlike Charlotte, which I'm still miffed over). This was definitely my favorite episode of the season, but I suppose any episode with that much Dan in it would be awesome. Seriously, even if the episode was just an hour of Dan doing nothing but staring at a wall, I still would have loved it lol.

Of course I agree that Jeremy Davies deserves an Emmy... he rocked this episode! Let's hope this wasn't his last episode!
I come bearing semi - good news!
I recently read an article talking about Daniel getting killed off on Lost. Aside from complimenting the actor on how gracefully he took news of getting fired, and some of the cast talking about him (Jeremy Davies), it mentioned that this was the end of the character's "full time status." Anyone else think he might be coming back in some form (i.e. Miles has a chat with him, he appears in a dream/vision thing)?

I've always been a huge Jeremy Davies fan (check out Saving Private Ryan - he's amazing in that!) so I'm really hoping he gets recognized for his work on this episode/the entire season. The scene that really got me was with Little!Charlotte. The look on his face after she said "I'm not allowed to have chocolate before dinner" was heartwrenching. And then when he said "Don't worry sweetheart, I won't tell" just broke my heart into millions of little pieces
il y a plus d’un an marissa said…
Stupid me read the spoilers for this episode and knew how it was going to end :(
The end didn't shock me like it should of, so I've promised myself no spoilers any more :)

Anyway... Daaaan! How could they do this? *cries*
But if Charlie can get killed off, then I guess no one is safe. Even adorable, twitchy, super nerdy scientist.

I don't think the episode gave us enough info about Dan. If we think aback to other character's first episodes, most of the time we learn almost everything we need to know about them. But Dan? All we know is that his mother was really pushy. Oh, and we learned Widmore is his father. That was twist.

But why did he loose his memory? What was he doing in Ann Arbour? Why was he going to see Ellie the Other when he got shot?
Because there's still stuff to find out about Dan, because he helps to explain so much about the science of the show, and because he's relativly knew, I don't think we've seen the last of him. He may be dead, but I think we'll see him around :)

Also, did anyone else feel a little jipped after an entire season of Dan saying "you can't change the past" just to have him come back and say, "oh, I was wrong. You actually can. Silly me."
Hmm...

Anyways... we love you Dan! :D
I was hoping we'd get to see more of Dan dealing with Charlotte's death (flashback across the three years spent in Ann Arbor) and how he decides to try and change the past. I agree marissa, it was weird that he suddenly changed philosophy half-way through the season.
I'm hoping that we get more information on Dan from Eloise at some point. The Eloise who was at the hospital with Desmond could easily tell someone (Desmond? Widmore?) about Daniel's past in great detail (complete with flashbacks so he can come back :)). I really wanted to know about what happened with Theresa - it was such a shock when we first saw that she was in a coma! So hopefully, Daniel won't become the new Libby and have nothing answered about him.
il y a plus d’un an courtney7488 said…
Well, we already know more about Dan than we ever knew about Libby, so I suppose we should consider ourselves lucky for that. I agree that we could use another Dan flashback, especially of the time he spent in Ann Arbor. Possible spoilers below:

I saw some pictures of the 100th episode party, and Jeremy was wearing Dan's signature blue shirt and skinny black tie. Some of the other cast members were also wearing the outfits they wore at the beginning of the season, so maybe we will get flashbacks of those three years that we didn't see?
Ooooh!
I remember those pics! Yeah, I really didn't give them much thought in terms of continuity. I hope you're right - flashback!Dan is better than no more Dan whatsoever. it would fit with the "ending full time status" quote from Darlton!

il y a plus d’un an Rock_Smurf_77 said…
crying
It was way too soon and he still had loads of potential for the rest of the series. However the way they killed him was a great twist and worked really well. I hope we do see him back in flashbacks and/or visions as he is a great character and they better make his death fit into the storyline.
The producers have said that Dan's death is the climatic event of part of the overall Lost story, and it begins the final chapter of Lost. So at least it's for a good reason, not just for "shock value."

Here's the article I've brought up so much. It doesn't have spoilers (that I could get out of it): link
Ooh, and as a side note: when Richard says "Don't do this" when Dan is about to shoot him, Richard appears to be looking over Dan's shoulder. Maybe he was trying to stop Eloise from shooting Dan?