Belle and Sebastian Traitors

sonofrebus posted on Oct 09, 2010 at 04:34PM
Who does stuart think he is?!!!!I have loved this band for fifteen years,i dont know who they are anymore.I dont care about any of you fans who are not scottish because this does not concern you.I found this band one night in edinburgh,at the assembly rooms,where they were so green they would stop mid-song and start all over again because they fucked up.they sang to me about being lonely, being happy being scared and being scottish more than anyone has before or since.to be a fan of b&s meant you knew something that hardly anyone else knew,they were a secret and we felt well smarter than everybody else who had not found them.And that situation seemed to suit us and it seemed to suit them.suddenly isobell leaves and i dont know stuart just goes mad and starts writing pure commercial pop aimed squarely at the hollyoaks brigade,well my faith was knocked nut i still believed,im working for the joy of giving after all.but not now, now they have gone too far.EMINEM gets collaborators because he is a one trick pony and getting j-lo or whoever to do the chorus will pump a few more copies to non-rap fans,this is where i loose my cool.Why the fuck would i want to hear katie-bland as fuck-melua singing on a b&s track,what the fuck have i got in common with her eh?and god damned mulligan the actress bint,now im sure the belle and sebastian lot and some flavour of the month new actress have more in common than i could suppose(the same agent for a start)but i am disgusted by this blatant attempt to make a band that is so important to so many people because they were themselves,if stuart and the rest of them are living in a world where they hobnob with movie stars then obviously the songs they sing now will say nothing to me about my life.so thanks very bloody much stuart you wanker,i hope you get all the fame and success you obviously need.you made me cry but oh how you made me laugh i travelled all over the country to hear you say a mile and a half live,some of my most content moments involved youre poetry and the other stuarts jangly geetar.thanks for the memories boys,but i just dont know who you are anymore.

Belle and Sebastian No réponses