vampires Twilight question

SweetPea2007 posted on Jan 10, 2012 at 02:04PM
I have a question for the Twilight Fans. I am not trying to be rude, I just really want to know your opinion. This may be a spoiler....sorry.....I read that Jacob imprints himself on Bella's baby after helping deliver her and decides she is his soulmate. Now is it just me or is that really really wrong? It sounds like Pedophilia to me. I think most twilight fans think it is romantic, but that would be like one of your moms ex boyfriends having the hots for you since you were an infant(and he is the one that pulled you out of your mom). Oh and keep in mind He was in love with your mom until he held you and i guess cut your cord. I believe that makes Jacob a pedophile. My question is, Does anybody else think Jacob is a pedophile and why or why not? Oh and I have not read the books, just summary's of them and I am not a Twilight fan (the Pedophilia is one of the reasons why, as well as some other elements).
last edited on Jan 10, 2012 at 02:07PM

vampires 6 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an Manonx said…
I'm not a fan of Twilight, but I've read the books. You describe imprinting as "choosing to love someone" and that Jacob chose to fall in love with Bella's daughter. This is not the case with imprinting. Imprinting from Stephenie Meyer's point of view is something like "falling in love with someone WITHOUT having a choice. You basically ARE her soulmate, and you would do everything to be everything for her."
There isn't any choice when it comes to imprinting.. it just happens to the "werewolves" (shapeshifters) in the Twilight Series. And apparantly, Jacob is Renesmee's soulmate. Also, imprinting isn't quite like pedophilia (though I completely understand why people see it that way). The person who's imprintend on another (Jacob on Renesmee), will be her best friend if he needs to, or like a brother, when she's very young. Later in their lives, she'll realize (as Meyer says, though) that he's the only one right for her, and they'll be together. Still, he's much older than she is (this isn't the case with all the character; some of them imprinted on girls their age.). I think Meyer's idea was: "Love conquers all, even age".

I hope this answers your question =)
il y a plus d’un an SweetPea2007 said…
Thank you for your very informative answer. I still think it is creepy to have a uncle or brotherly figure become sexually involved with a child they watched grow up. I also think it is wrong when Teachers become involved with their students or Men become involved with step or foster children they helped raise.Plus there is the factor of Jacob being in Love with Bella first and since he can't be with her now he is going to be with the daughter instead. Of course this is just fiction and only meant as entertainment. I guess I was just a little disgusted with the possibility of pedophilia being romanticized. I do appreciate you explaining imprinting more to me, thank you.
il y a plus d’un an cassie-1-2-3 said…
They will only become sexually involved if Renesmee wants to become sexually involved. She has 100% control over the relationship. If she finds it weird to fall in love with a guy who's like family to her, he'll think it's weird too and nothing romantic will happen. He is not physically capable of feeling anything for her that she does not feel for him.

If later on she decides she does want to be with her, he'll feel the same way, but is it really so wrong if it's what she and she alone wants and decides? He can't possibly trick ( or "groom") her into a relation because that would require him to be a step ahead of her, coaxing her into a relationship.

I don't see it as romantic or disgusting. I just see it as a platonic thing.
il y a plus d’un an SweetPea2007 said…
smile
link just read this "Unlike her imprinter, the imprintee can choose whether she'll accept him as her 'soulmate' or not. It is however implied that a rejection is highly unlikely, since it is said that it would be very hard to resist the levels of "commitment, compatibility and adoration". It has also been notified that the imprintee feels incomplete without the wolf nearby.

But if she does choose someone else over the shape-shifter, he will be in deep emotional pain, though he will still respect her choice.""It is unknown whether the shape-shifter could go one day without being in contact with his imprintee, the separation involved potentially causing both of them pain. What would happen if a wolf was rejected by his imprintee is also unknown, though this is assumed to be almost impossible; the imprinter is deemed to be the "perfect match" to the imprintee; he will be anything they may want or need, making rejection extremely unlikely. Should it happen, the imprinter may feel unspeakable pain, but he will still respect their decision. He also won't be able to find another person who can satiate his loneliness or replace his soulmate."

Now instead of feeling like he is a pedophile I am just sad for him. He is pretty much stuck with this child and he has to hope she does not reject him or he will be alone and in pain for the rest of his life. I still do not find their relationship romantic, just sad and warped. Oh well I still do not have a desire to read this series ever or see the movies, but I do feel like I know more then I did on this subject. Thank you to the people that responded to my question.
last edited il y a plus d’un an
I've read it before.

Him being sad doesn't mean that she's obligated to be in a romantic relationship with him. That text is referring to a 100% rejection, being completely cut off. I didn't say anything about that.
Friends can be perfect matches for each other, just like romantic partners.

I still can't see why people won't consider the possibility of lifelong friendships.