True Writers The End of True Writers?

alicia386 posted on Jun 18, 2013 at 02:46AM
NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!
last edited on Mar 20, 2014 at 12:57AM

True Writers 11 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an alicia386 said…
If any of you did check out figment, you can find me at Laurann H. But lets face it, you probably even won't read this forum. You won't even think about reading this forum.
il y a plus d’un an alicia386 said…
I am not deleting the club because i want us to all look back on the fun we use to have here. This will only be a scrapbook of stories that we collected over the years, i guess.
il y a plus d’un an 1999jacko said…
no it will become active again its just school and everything that sucks it will be active again during summer 2013 it will
il y a plus d’un an POPclogger216 said…
So, haven't been on here in a while, because of what jacko said, school and life getting in the way...

Why does True Writers have to end now, because it seems like more of a chore than a haven or place of fun? Perhaps what we should do is take another look at the club and what exactly we want out of it.

Should it be a place where people can post their writings? That seems to be going on now at a fairly good rate. What seems to be lacking is the community that was here when the club first started. Then, everyone here was friends, talked to each other, complimented everything that was posted, and it was a jolly good time. Now, people are more often just posting their stories, and the occasional "Oh, this was really good, loved the ending!" comment appears.
What seems to occur not as much on this spot, though, is constructive criticism, or critiques or anything like that. One part of writing is knowing the piece isn't perfect, accepting that, and seeing how one can improve on their techniques and what have you. Maybe that should be something that's implemented more here.

Why shouldn't the contests and awards stop? Since the majority of us are in summer and have a lot of time for writing, why not start up some more contests? Perhaps have weekly prompts put out, challenges even. write a story in 50 words or less or write in the perspective of a commonly used office supply.** It doesn't even have to be a contest. Just write!

Maybe a problem is that we've matured. Frankly, this club was all fun and games until reality set in, and other things were brought into focus, while this was pushed a little ways back. I doubt that the exact same joy that came from being in this community will appear in full swing, but maybe new some joy can be found in it.

Some of this seems hypocritical, and I'm not the one to be saying all of this, but just waned to point that stuff out. I'll try my best to start posting up in here again, but, like what was said before, life gets in the way.

Crud, that's longer than planned... oh well. hope this helps in the final decision. If you'd rather move on still, alicia386, then that's your choice, and t'will be respected. :)

** these prompts were taken from this site link there's some language on there, but it's still a good site to look through.
il y a plus d’un an infinitehipster said…
HEY DO YOU REMEMBER ME? I'm @campcheerio123 . PLEASE don't delete this! Sadie, being my cousin, talks about you and the sacrifices you made for this club to become what it is all the time (if that makes sense...). This might sound weird, but I love the 'founders' of this club! Me, you, Sadie, Jacko, hgfan, sawfan, lady(cant remeber the rest) and we all totally agree that this club is LEGIT. Love you!
il y a plus d’un an AlOoOosh said…
I wasn't here in summer 2012 , but I totally believe you . I can see how amazing this club was and still is :) let us just have some new activities here and all the fun will be back again ;)
AlOoOosh commented…
And also there aren't a lot of fans here , but the spot is still active and cool !!! il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an dragonsmemory said…
I remember my first tentative steps around in this club. I may not be one of the founders, but I remember stories like The Loser Squad, Hourglass, and Absolutely Wicked. This club could never be a scrapbook of stories. This, club, True Writers, is a living, breathing entity. Within it, unforgettable characters live out their stories day by day. Who can possibly forget Pamela Jones (who insists on being called Pam)? Or how about Warren, the boy with arachnophobia and claustrophobia? They're all still alive within this club, just waiting for an unsuspecting reader to type the magic words in the search box and discover the many worlds we've created
vivalasadie commented…
Oh my goodness don't even talk about the Loser Squad XD it. sucked. ~ sadiebugz00 il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an SweetHoneyBunny said…
sunny
Ah the good old days...there is no reason this place can't become what it was before. Just because some of us disappeared for a while, most have returned and from the looks of it are willing to help out in the restoration of True Writers.

This was one of my favourite spots on Fanpop to visit. We joked around, had fun, had good times and bad times and I think we will again. We need to search for those strings that held us all together and connect them again.

All for one and one for all!
il y a plus d’un an -SilverFey- said…
I think it really is probably just school. I'm sure in the summer it will become active again. :)
il y a plus d’un an princess_lucy03 said…
cloudy
Please don't discontinue this club..even though I've been a part only a few days I love it!!! Its an awesome club!!
il y a plus d’un an AnimeAvarice said…
I literally JUST joined, but being around other writers is something that really makes me enjoy myself. I didn't know there was a club (it's thanks to LorMel I found out about it at all), but this seems really fun and enjoyable! I want to be a part of it, and I hope the club will last until summer at the very, very least. I'm sure then the club will reactivate. I really hope to become a part of this!