Le Magicien d’Oz Everything Oz!

ozite100 posted on Jun 05, 2009 at 09:34PM
This forum is for anyone who wants to discuss ANY aspect of The Wizard of Oz in all its forms... film, book etc. Also anything related to the story, e.g. sequels, film stars, anitmated spin offs etc, etc.
This is a real Oz "letting off steam" arena, about any topic that takes ur fancy. Enjoy!!

Le Magicien d’Oz 8 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an Berni said…
smile
Hi Mark ! I don't really know much about the books on the Wizard Of Oz !How many are there and what are their titles do you know?
il y a plus d’un an ozite100 said…
smile
There are 15 in all, I'm pretty sure, and in chronological order ( I think!) they are as follows:
The Wizard of Oz, The Marvellous Land of Oz, Ozma of Oz, Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz, The Road to Oz, The Emerald City of Oz, The Scarecrow of Oz, The Patchwork Girl of Oz, Rinkitink in Oz, Tiktok of Oz, The Lost Princess of Oz, The Tin Woodman of Oz, The Magic of Oz, and, Glinda of Oz.Oh and Little Wizard Stories of Oz.
These were all written by Baum up until his death in 1919, then many more followed over the years, by various authors.
smile
Wow,I never knew that.They sound very collectable is it easy to buy them though ?
I got mine (four so far,) from amazon.co.uk, but that was five yrs ago or more. I've been looking, and you can get them all from the american amazon.com. I got the hardback versions, a bit pricey but worth it, cos they are teh original publication designs. About 15-20 quid each i think.
smile
Great ! I may check amazon out thanks Mark !
They all have the original illustrations in them that they had when they first came out, and look really smart on the bookshelf. :) I'm sure youd like them. My favorites are the first sequel, the marvellous land of oz,and The tin woodman of oz
No prob, glad to be of help :)
If the film were remade, who would be the best choices for the cast? And the non-human characters, e.g tin man.... would they be better digital, or made up like in the original?
Any thoughts?......