The Office The "OMG confiture ARE TOTALLY MARRIED" squee-fan-forum

snoznoodle posted on Oct 09, 2009 at 05:21AM
I just saw the episode and I'm all teary and gooey inside!! Who else thought it was a beautiful episode?? And the mushy bits were covered up by Andy tearing his scrotum and Dwight hooking up with a beautiful bridesmaid (groooss). In other words I thought it was a perfect mix of everything we wanted with JAM and the classic Office awkwardness!! LOVED IT!!

The Office 14 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an lacers28 said…
heart
I loved it so much! it has been my favorite episode ever! The wedding was great but the boat was better!
il y a plus d’un an Prettyinpink789 said…
heart
It was Amazing! I totally agree that it was perfectly balanced I mean I loved the entire thing. And that finally moment on the boat was just the icing on the cake, it made it just perfect!
il y a plus d’un an papa said…
All around great episode. The sneaking off and having the wedding they wanted with just the two of them on the boat was a nice, nice touch.

The dancing was hilarious. And Kevin's toupe...priceless.

I also dug the cliff-hanger with Michael hooking up with Pam's mom. Wonder if that subplot will get additional play?
il y a plus d’un an snoznoodle said…
Oh I really hope so. I can imagine Michael becoming really smitten and trying to get info from Pam about what her mum thinks about their sex life. *shudder* Wrooong.
il y a plus d’un an brucas4ever said…
that eip was soooooooooooo cute! i loved it like my favorite epi ever
il y a plus d’un an Shandiii said…
It was beautiful! :'D
il y a plus d’un an maybeastarbucks said…
Am I the only one who was less than satisfied with the episode? I didn't think it was that great. The characters all seemed really out of character. Example: would Jim really go to a bar with Dwight and Michael ever?
The plot seemed really torn apart to me. Jim's slip-of-the-tongue at the rehearsal dinner seemed like the writers just put it in to further the story line. I've always been impressed by how the Office manages to be real AND funny, but that scene seemed completely UNreal. I don't think Jim (or anybody, fictional or non-fictional) would accidentally tell everyone that his fiancee was pregnant like that.
The last ten minutes particularly bugged me. So, Jim and Pam run off to get married, right? And they're right next to Niagara Falls, right? And they get soaking wet, right? And they get back to their wedding at they're still soaked, right? Wrong. Again, I must complain about a complete breach in reality here: Jim and Pam are clearly shown to be wet on the boat, but when they get back to their wedding they look just like they did when they left. I was particularly peeved about that, but not as much as I was when everybody started dancing down the aisle...
I get it - they're doing a parody of that one YouTube video that everybody's seen. But why the heck would everyone be doing that?... I can't explain how I feel about this, but to me it made zero sense. It's Jim and Pam's wedding and Oscar and Kevin take this occasion to make complete fools of themselves? Something just didn't add up in that whole scene. (Dwight kicking the bridesmaid in the face looked like an attempt for cheap laughs.)
Don't get me wrong - I laughed just as much during this episode as I would during a normal one, but I didn't laugh very much after the first ten minutes. The first ten minutes was hilarious (minus all the vomit) and it had some lines that I know I'll be quoting for years to come.
"What happens in accounting, stays in accounting." :-)
il y a plus d’un an nezenic said…
"...Plan A was to marry her a long, long, time ago... pretty much the day I met her."

It gets me every time.
il y a plus d’un an smoore23 said…
maybeastarbucks - you're back! But your profile looks lonely. :(

Anyway, I loved the episode. I thought it was one of the best in a long time. <3
il y a plus d’un an Autofire said…
I completely agree with you Maybeastarbucks. And not only that, I think ALL of the episodes this season have failed to live up to par with previous season. The whole thing seems to have lost that subtle balance between real and funny, that maybeastarbucks mentions. I am CONVINCED that they have brought on some new writers, and maybe lost some of the old writers, cause the great vibe this show had that made me a huge fan is getting lost. If this downward spiral is going to continue, it's better that they end the whole show before it turns into a soul-less thing like e.g. the Simpson has.

il y a plus d’un an snoznoodle said…
Well to Maybeastarbucks (welcome back!) and Autofire, I actually think the show started losing those realistic stories after the 4th season. The storylines which are usually grounded in reality have been getting a bit out of hand gradually the whole time. There's too many inter-office relationships and misconducts (Angela cheating on Andy with Dwight) and let's face it the characters are that out there the plot eventually has to get crazy too. It seems to be turning more into a regular sitcom.

But it still doesn't bother me that much. I actually think these episodes are really good but in a different way. The dancing down the aisle was a bit too much for me (especially since I haven't seen the video they're talking about - would anyone like to post it?) but I think they must have decided Jim and Pam getting married is a big event, why not go a little crazy? Honestly in such a pivotal episode, I want it to be the best it could be which does mean going over the top. Reality sometimes just isn't as fun. But it's also sad because that reality is what made the show so unique in the first place. See I agree, but also disagree lol.
il y a plus d’un an smoore23 said…
I just have to say that I love this show. Always have, always will. However, I was disappointed by the last half of season 4 and season 5, especially the season 5 finale.

Autofire, yes, there are new writers. I always pay attention to this when a new episode airs. I think part of the change has to do with the fact that Greg Daniels is no longer a big part of the show since he's off doing Parks and Recreation (ugh, that is a whole other story, I won't go there, lol).

Like snoznoodle said, there are WAY too many office romances. A few would be realistic, but at this point... :/ Let's point them all out:
--Jim/Pam
--Michael/Jan (granted, Jan didn't work at Scranton, but...)
--Ryan/Kelly
--Dwight/Angela
--Angela/Andy
--Kelly/Darryl (this is a similar situation to Michael/Jan since Darryl doesn't technically work in the office)
--Pam/Roy (this one is like the Kelly/Darryl situation)
--Karen/Jim
--Michael/Holly

I think you get my point. It's like everyone hooks up with each other. :/

The storylines: I feel that they're running out of ideas. TBH, the perfect ending would've been the season 3 finale because at that point most of our questions had been answered. Obviously, The Office has lasted longer than that. I do feel that things are not the same as they once were. The brilliance of seasons 1-3 is gone. But, I still enjoy the show and I still get a few laughs.

It no longer feels like a documentary, though (with the exceptions of the talking heads). Things are getting over-the-top, and snoznoodle is right, it's feeling more and more like a sitcom.

It probably sounds like I am bashing the show. I don't mean to come across this way. Like I said, I love this show. But, I feel like it's important to point out the flaws in the things that you love and know that not everything is perfect.

Remember, though, that people change. They are trying to portray this through the show. A lot can happen in 6 years and when you think "Oh, I don't like how __________ has changed so much" you've got to remember that it is not unrealistic for people to change.

So far I am loving season 6. It's not like the classic season 2 or 3, but it's good nonetheless. I feel like the show is redeeming itself for seasons 4 and 5.

I'm sorry, I know this comment is ridiculously long. But I love to analyze things (and this is one of my favorite shows, so what do you expect!?). :)
last edited il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an iar said…
I agree with Maybeastarbucks. I was expecting a different kind of episode, I was a little ashame with the last part, although I thought that the first part of the episode was great. I think the episode start to deteriorate after Jim told everyone that Pam is preagnat.

So far the season 6 was great, and that's why I though that this episode was going to be great, but it turn to this, an episode with lack of reallity.

Also, I didn't like the family characters, I didn't buy the relationship of Pam with her sister o with her bestfriend.

In conclusion I feel that this episode was like watch a romantic-comedy movie, cheese and not real. It's the first time that The Office had disapointed me.
il y a plus d’un an IndianKelly said…
I have to agree that the show is losing its steam. The characters and storylines are just off. Michael is less of a baffoon and Jim is slowly stepping into his place? Dwight is less severe. Pam is more aggressive. Co-managing??? We barely hear from Angela, Kelly or Ryan, all of whom were very strong secondary characters. It's like the writers no longer know what to do with the show.

Don't get me wrong, they still have moments of genius, but not like in the beginning. I hope they get it together before they lose their audience.
last edited il y a plus d’un an