Hunger Games Peeta ou Gale?

runda99 posted on Oct 19, 2008 at 04:47PM
SPOILER ALERT!!! DONT READ UNLESS YOU'VE READ THE BOOK!

This should be interesting, as I myself am having an internal struggle between this. So clearly Peeta has fallen for Katniss, but she doesn't feel the same way... why? Well I think it is obvious that near the end of the book she admits to herself what she has been ignoring with excuses such as "hunting partner" and "competition" nonsense.. the fact that she loves Gale. And of course she says that he has no interest in them and it shocks her because all the girls want him... well that can mean one thing... THAT GALE LOVES HER TOO!

So I made it obvious that I am for the whole Gale-Katniss roller-coaster ride because they already get along so well and I think they need each other.. however I won't deny that I had softened up a lot toward Peeta when the competition of the Games got fierce. He truly seems to love her and he was honest about liking her all along... so where does this leave Katniss? What should she do?

I tend to change my mind a lot... and I still have until next September when Book II comes out, but for now I will take my stance, I am Team Gale.

Hunger Games 833 réponses

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 833

il y a plus d’un an Euri said…
I hope Gale and Katniss get together, I don't like Peeta.
il y a plus d’un an Andolion said…
Oh that's a hard one... I like Peeta and Gale!!!
il y a plus d’un an runda99 said…
lol Euri i love how you say it so bluntly..
but you know.. all these people love Peeta.. and i know he did a lot for Katniss.. but something about him I REALLY DONT LIKE and i don't know what it was... and incidentally im kind of obsessed with Gale even though we hardly get to know him..
il y a plus d’un an Andolion said…
I know what you mean I sort of feel the same way about Gale. I think Peeta is nice but at the same time I don't trust him.
il y a plus d’un an galegirl said…
I think that Peeta is so whiny and annoying. I hate that he is a burden to Katniss. Sure he totally loves her, but i still kept wishing he would die. Even though he saved her, he only did it because she was in trouble and he just happened to have a solution. Whereas Gale does everything he can to help her and protect her. I completely hated Peeta from the moment we net him.

So just in case that wasn't clear, I'm for Gale.
il y a plus d’un an brokenwings1211 said…
I'm obsessed with Katniss x Gale, and I LOVE Gale. He is so awesome, and that's probably because he has so little part in the book, so we can imagine him any way we please.
its so funny how alot of the fan base prefers Gale even though we hardly know him, Suzanne is just a genius like that she totally appealed to our emotions.
il y a plus d’un an Henny-c said…
I can't decide. They're both very good guys. D:
I guess I'd be happy with either of them.
il y a plus d’un an brandyak said…
Gale but I don't think Katniss will decide until the last book
il y a plus d’un an rosedude1213 said…
I think Peeta and Katniss should be together. If you read the description of him at the end of the book he sounds beautiful. Plus if Gale and Katniss were together, I think it would be kind of awkward...
il y a plus d’un an Euri said…
One thing I noticed was that Katniss didn't really seem to like either of them, sure she thought of Gale a lot but she might die wouldn't she think of everyone she once knew? I think she will soon begin to like one of them but in the first book I think it was more focusing on Katniss struggle to survive. But I'd rather her begin to like Gale. :)
last edited il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an spikes_girl said…
why are so many people gale supporters??? :) i love peeta!!! he is so awesome!! come on people, peeta BAKES BREAD AND FROSTS CAKES! you CANNOT get cooler than that! and i feel so bad for him cuz katniss was pretending that whole time...i can't wait for the next book!
il y a plus d’un an spikes_girl said…
hey rosedude you rock!
lol Peeta is cute no doubt,
but something about Gale is very sexy, I donno maybe its the grey eyes and hair,
and Katniss kept thinking about him, I think they were meant to be! GO GALE!
il y a plus d’un an ja8ke said…
cake
O PEOPLE PLZ WE DONT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT GALE WHEREAS WE KNOW LOADS ABOUT PEETA. GALE SUCKS!!!! HE SHOULDA TOLD KATNISS HE LOVED HER BEFORE SHE LEFT SO NOW SHES STUCK IN A DILLIMA THAT PEETA WILL WIN OF COURSE. ANYWAYS GALE HASNT EVEN BEEN IN THE BOOK AND YET PEOPLE FEEL THEY HAVE A CONNECTION AND PEETA HAS PUT HIS LIFE ON THE LINE FOR KATNESS AND WHEN I STARTED TO READ THE PARTS WHERE THEY ARE PLAYING ALONG WITH THE WHOLE STAR CROSSED LOVERS THING KATNESS WAS LIKEING PEETA TOO AND WHEN SHE THOUGHT HE WOULD DIE SHE WENT CRAZY THEY HAD TO NEEDLE THE GIRL FOR GODS SAKE SO IF THATS NOT PROOF ENOUGH I DONT KNOW WHAT IS. IM NOT TRYING TO CONVERT ANY OF YOU GALE LOVERS BUT IM GIVING TEAM PEETA A BOOST OF CONFIDENCE. PEETA IS WONDERFUL AND IM SURE HE WILL STAY TRUE TO KATNISS, AND ANYWAYS GALE IS OLDER THAN KATNISS AND IF THEY STARTED DATEING THAT WOULD BE STRANGE REALLY STRANGE AND WHO KNOWS HOW MUCH HAS CHANGED SINCE KATNISS HASNT BEEN HOME MAYBE GALE FOUND SOMEONE ELSE TO LOVE. I HOPE SO. LOL. GO PEETA!!!!
il y a plus d’un an Courtney22020 said…
I hope she picks Peeta. I love Peeta! He's awesome! Gale was just talked about a lot by Katniss because they are friends, I mean I do sense that Gale has more feeling for Katniss than she has ever known, but he didn't ever have the guts to say anything and Peeta said it in front of millions of people. I felt really bad for Peeta at the end too, how she was just playing along with it while he wasn't making any of it up. I really do hope that Peeta and Katniss get together at the end because I feel they would be perfect together.
il y a plus d’un an radigan2010 said…
I think I'm definitely a Peeta supporter. I do really like them both because they mean so much to Katniss, but she really connects to Peeta and has been through so much with him. And Peeta saves her life on several occasions in the Games and was never pretending to be in love, HE ACTUALLY WAS! But once I find out more about Gale, maybe I'll change my mind. But for now. . .

TEAM PEETA!
il y a plus d’un an HisMine said…
I am peeta supporter. We don't know much about Gale though. We know TONS about Peeta. But u gale lovers are also right. We barely know anything about him, but yet hes the closest friend katnisss has besides prim.
I think Katniss should be with Peeta instead of Gale...I'm not sure why though. I think its because Peeta has liked her since what age 5? Can't remember. And Peeta and Katniss have been through a lot lately and in the past years that Katniss and Gale haven't. And niether of them can explain to other people how much they have been through with each other. And also, was Gale wacthing the games the whole time? If he didn't, then Peeta just might have a chance at Katniss's heart. But I don't think that Katniss will decide till about the middle-ish of book 2.
I also agree with ja8ke though. Maybe Gale has moved on since the few weeks katniss has been gone. Who Knows he might like the mayor's daughter Madge lol. Well when the were having a "friendly debate" when they bought the strawberries, why do you think Madge was talking or insulting Gale's opinions? She likes him clearly. But then Katniss has communicated more with Peeta than Gale during the games...only she had no way of talking to him anyways. And the thing was on live t.v showing all of the Capitol. So what was she supposed to do play along with the star crossed lovers act or just sit there and protect herself? So she picked the most reasonable choice. But if she doesn't pick peeta, i guess the helping was just for clear loyalty for him. And Peeta clearly risked his OWN life for Katniss is because he cares passionately for her. And in the last chapter or second to last chapter, she clearly just went nuts trying to make sure peeta stayed alive. But when they were showing the highlights of the Games..couldn't she have changed her feelings about peeta? But I could agree with peeta for a moment when he found out about the act-thingy. But didn't haymitch put Katniss up to the star crossed lovers thing? If he hadn't who knows she could of fell for him or just didn't do anything about him.

NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT GALE IN ORDER TO CHANGE MY DECISION!!

peeta fan!!!
il y a plus d’un an HisMine said…
Lol the first half of the post was for Gale and the Second half was for Peeta, Well besides the ppl who couldn't decide. But wow, didnt know a lot of ppl liked Gale's character. I like both characters but peeta's stands out more to me...idky.
I agree.
He has always liked her and he let her know. Gale didn't make it clear enough, even though he was cut off when they said their goodbyes, he could've done something A LOT earlier.

Peeta wins.

=)
il y a plus d’un an jackie5starr said…
yup yup as of now...im team peeta but then i can see y peeps chose gale when peeta is like katniss's weakness but gale doesnt show affection like peeta....but either ways i think i ll b ok w/ it
il y a plus d’un an RaineChild said…
surprise
Totally a peeta fan. Whats strange is, i have a guy in my class that fits that description almost perfectly.
il y a plus d’un an BookWorm29 said…
I don't think I could choose because we don't know much about Gale but (I am going to make a comparison with twilight plz no haters) I see Gale as Jacob. I think that he and Katniss wouldn't work, it would be weird. They are great friends but I think that's all they will ever be. But that doesn't mean I am team Peeta, there is something about him that annoys me and I don't know what it is. I think Katniss will end up with neither, she is very independent and doesn't HAVE to end up with a guy does she?
il y a plus d’un an meh-hagan said…
worried
but i love peeta as well as gale
il y a plus d’un an funny1 said…
The moment that Peeta was in the Hunger Games I thought that Peeta and Katniss were going to fall in love and I kept hoping and hoping they would not. I don't know, Peeta is nice, but there's something I don't like about him (sometimes he's really annoying) and I always wanted for Katniss and Gale to be together, from the first time I read about Gale in the book! I really hope that they are going to be together!!!!!!
il y a plus d’un an Tiste-Liosan said…
we don't know enough about Gale to judge anything but you can't say that the reason he doesn't go after girls is cause he loves Katniss. he could be way 2 busy taking care of his family of 5, Gay, or etc. there are many reasons besides loving katniss

il y a plus d’un an Bridget1096 said…
I really think that if she chooses Gale she's crazy. Gale may be a good friend, but Peeta has done so much more for her and loves her. Gale would never be able to adjust to the life she'll live since she has won the Hunger Games. Peeta was there with her through it all and saved her life. Also Gale will just bring her problems with the Capital already angry at her with all his talk of running away and defianance.
il y a plus d’un an peetarox said…
smile
I am like inlove with peeta but I hate Gale
il y a plus d’un an Sheloggs said…
wink
Smart girl. It seemed in the book that Katniss was kinda liking Peeta, but at the end you really find out she doesnt feel the same way. You know, now that you say that...I am on team Gale. A lot of people say team Peeta because they dont know Gale as much as they do Peeta. Plus, you know it is fake, but most of us girls are softies, and you still fall for it even though Haymich sets it all up for them two.
il y a plus d’un an amdejong66 said…
im team gale. peeta seems like a whimp kind of. hes just not as badass as gale in my mind. they've lived there whole lives fighting to survive. i like peeta but i like gale WAAAY better.
il y a plus d’un an fatima101 said…
wink
i am so team gale. i have to admit, peeta does seem like a wimp. he's clearly not any help- i mean, what was he going to do in the games- whip the other players asses with a dough lash? gale seems really mysterious and tough and maybe even sort of sensitive and vulnerable. it would be so nice if katniss got with him. i'm jealous of her. besides, peetas type seems to common, you know? its not often that you find a pair of lovely gray eyes.....sooooo handsome........................... gale is oviously suited for romance...
il y a plus d’un an fatima101 said…
angry
OH AND ALL U PEETA FANS WHO SAY THAT GALE DOESNT SHOW ANY AFFECTION? GUESS WAT? THAT LAST THING THAT GALE WAS GUNNA SAY TO KATNISS BEFORE SHE LEFT(BUT HE GOT CUT OFF) HE WAS GUNNA TELL HER HE LOVED HER. USE YOUR BRAINS, ***S. GO TO SUZANNE FOR PROOF IF U DONT BEIEVE ME. *sigh* can't any of you analyze text and emotions? ughh i don't have time to explain this... but theres a reason why katniss thinks of gale during the games.
il y a plus d’un an fire_ice said…
laugh
PEETA BECAUSE I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT GAIL AND I'M A HOPELESS ROMANTIC, AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH PEETA HE LOVES KATNESS AND GAIL IS WAY TOO OLD. PLUS HE MAY HAVE MOVED ON SINCE THE HUNGER GAMES. IT WOULD BE AWKWARD AND KATNESS SHOULD JUST STAY FRIENDS WITH GAIL. AS PLAIN AS THAT. PEACE!LOL
il y a plus d’un an fire_ice said…
zzz
SHE THINKS OF HIM DURING THE GAME BECAUSE SHE HE IS HER FRIEND AND WHEN YOUR THINKING YOUR GOING TO DIE FATIMA YOU SOMTIMES THANK OF PEOPLE. NO ONE IS SAYING GALE DOESNT SHOW ANYTHING WE JUST DONT KNOW HIM AND ITS JUST OUR OPINON.WE KNOW PEETA MORE THAN GAIL SO THAT'S WHY WE ARE ALL TEAM PETA FOR RIGHT NOW. GALE IS KINDA LIKE A SECONDARY CHARACTER WHOM WE DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT, AND MAYBE I'LL LIKE HIM IN THE NEXT BOOK BUT ITS GOING TO BE KATNESS DECISION IN THE END SO REALLY IT DOESNT MATTER. OK HAHA IM GONE. I'M SUCH A DEBATOR
smirk
I agree with bookworm29. Katniss:Gale::Bella:Jacob.
And even though Bella:Edward::Katniss:Peeta is prolly not the best choice, it's still better than the first choice.
=)
il y a plus d’un an Renesmee99 said…
heart
ok,i agree.i love both of them,but therz just something about peeta i dnt lik or trust.but if gale and katniss were 2gether,it would b akward.although they r much more 2 eachothr,it seems bettr if they r just frends.so,even though i LUV gale and think hes awesome and hes much more useful and a bettr providr 4 katniss,4 now i say peeta.but that dsnt mean i lik him btte.it just means i think they might b bttr 2gethr.but im not compltly sure...
il y a plus d’un an Lilrue87 said…
I really don't know... gale is mysterious and rough and just like katniss and can fend for himself... Peeta is sweet and caring and sensitive.... can't we just combine them together? lol
il y a plus d’un an iluvpeetea said…
i go with rosedude1213 because it would be awkward. because gale and katniss have known each other ever since... she says she loves him as a brother. but anything can happen... and i will love what ever suzanne collins comes up with in the next two books.... i cant wait!!!
il y a plus d’un an TeamPeeta said…
angry
DUDES PEETA IS THE BEST!!!!! GALE IS COOL AND ALL BUT THEY DONT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HIM, ALL WE KNOW IS THAT HE IS KATNISS HUNTING PARTNER AND THAT HE LIKES HER!!! BUT PEETA REALLY LOVES HER... HE EVEN REMEMBERS WAT SHE WORE ON THE 1ST DAY OF SKOOL!! COME ON PPL!! im team peeta.
il y a plus d’un an valeriepops said…
I can't really say. I mean, the thing about Gale is that his appearance in the book more or less revolves around the first chapter, where as Peeta is there the entire time starting with the second chapter. In a way I wish Katniss would fall for Peeta, but I honestly don't think it's going to happen. I do believe she'll be stuck with him, however, because the Capitol will be on their case. There's really no way of knowing until Chasing Fire comes out so that we can find out more about Gale.
il y a plus d’un an sargo96 said…
heart
I LIKE GALE AND I ALSO LIKE PEETA TO
ARGH WHY DO THEY HAVE TO SOUND BOTH GOOD LOOKING
OR DO THEY ????????
OH WELL I THINK I WILL HAVE TO GO PEETA ;)
il y a plus d’un an iluvhungergames said…
I am a supporter of Peeta! Even though he may not seem like a good guy he definetly is! He saved Katniss's life and it's obvious that he loves her as to Gale who you know he love her but he doesn't act like it he just acts like her older brother! And I personally think that it is stupid that we are turning hunger games into twilight! so stop they are totally different! Go Peeta!
il y a plus d’un an texastar95 said…
wink
GO PEETA.. yeah it's true we dont know much about gale so i cant really judge him but Peeta truly loves her where as gale probably likes her ( but idk) in catching fire peeta and katniss are probably gonna be spending lots more time together trying to get away from the the capitol!!something might happen during that time. but i think gale might end up with madge. im not sure in the mean time....

GO PEETA!!!!!!!!!!!

plus william moseley reminds me of peeta
 GO PEETA.. yeah it's true we dont know much about gale so i cant really judge him but Peeta truly lov
il y a plus d’un an texastar95 said…
or maybe lucas till ( to play in the movie).... GO PEETA!!
 ou maybe lucas till ( to play in the movie).... GO PEETA!!
il y a plus d’un an LeahNYCGxo said…
hmmm
I am not sure why but theres something quite off about Peeta- I don't like something about him and he seems...idky. I love Gale/Katniss- I feel he cares more about her... I mean he is lookign after her family as well as his own. fire_ice- how the hell is Gale too old?! He is 18 and she is 16. 2 years difference- its not like its 20 *rollseyes*
I don't want some typical twilight crap where we know the main character is going to go with the main hot guy... e.g Edward/Bella- I want it to be different...
sick
I like gale and peeta but there is something bout peeta i dont like but no one is PERFECT ! i dunno better to wait until book 2 comes out !!!!!!! :)
sick
i changed my mind coz i read da book again :)
I like Peeta and think that him and Katniss should be together because even though she can defend herself and Gale can defend himself, it seems like KAtniss can take care of Peeta when he needs it, and the book shows that vice versa works as well.
heart
ok i have changed my mind i love gale !!!!!!! so i will have to go with gale coz i read the book again :) :) :) :) :)
il y a plus d’un an twiliqhter said…
surprise
OH MY GOD!!!!!!
I LOOOOVE PEETA!!!
She is most def going to be with Peeta.
He knew EVERYTHING about her. What she wore on the first day of school, what she sang, and even her hair style.
He almost gave up his life for Katniss. If she didn't stop him he would have been dead.
HE WANTED TO DIE INTSED OF HER!!!!! COME ON!!!!!!
Gale is more of a brotherly type and Peeta is someone she could be with, without any weirdness.
I AM SOOOO TEAM PEETA!!!
He is so funny, sensitive, and sweet.
DON'T GIVE UP TEAM PEETA!!!!!! HE SHALL OVERCOME!!!!!