The Fanpoppy Awards Suggestion

aholic posted on Feb 23, 2008 at 10:38PM
Hi there! I was thinking (wow can I really do that) that it could be funnier if this celebration instead of only happen once every year could happen twice. I think it's a great idea, because it's not fair for the new spots. See when a spot was created first in 2008 and another one last in 2008, then it's not fair for the new one in the best new spot nomination. Then I thought that it would be better if we did it twice every year. I mean 1 year seems like such a long time.

Do you agree, or is it just me that is crazy? Oh well more crazy than usually...
last edited on Feb 23, 2008 at 10:42PM

The Fanpoppy Awards 16 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an hooch-is-crazy said…
i think that it's a quite good idea but i'm not excactly sure, i'll see what other people think.
il y a plus d’un an blisslikethis said…
we'll think about it. i'm not sure i have it in me to do this more than once a year :S
il y a plus d’un an aholic said…
oh well there is a long time to july...
il y a plus d’un an germany123 said…
i think one a year is good cause its more special that way..and i can imagine it was quite a lot of work for the panel of judges :)
Yeah, but still it sounds like a long time to wait and it's not fair for the new spots in 2008. I mean if I create a spot in november, then it does'nt has a change against the ones from february.
il y a plus d’un an harold said…
Actually, I think it would have a much better chance. The spots that are created more recently are the ones that are fresh in people's memories, both for votes and for nominations. Also, it is more typical for a spot to have a lot of activity soon after it is created which then tapers off, than for it to start and keep growing in activity over time.

But I also have a suggestion: if it's not displayed elsewhere, I'd really like to see what the level of participation in the Fanpoppies was. How many different users voted? If we track that between ceremonies, then we can see how it grows over time, too...assuming it does, of course. This is one of the more interesting things about Fan of the Fortnight, after all.
i got about 25 voters.
il y a plus d’un an harold said…
Thanks, hooch. That's a good baseline against which we users can compare future awards efforts.
i got about 30-35
il y a plus d’un an dazl said…
i doo'mt knoiw"Q"22
il y a plus d’un an amazondebs said…
really is that it?
I'm not sure if others agree but i liked the idea of doing the voting in picks, i think it would be less work for the judges for one thing, and people wold be more likely to do it
what do you guys think?
i asked the fans how they wanted it done and the private message came first because people didn't want to know who was winning.
il y a plus d’un an amazondebs said…
ahh right fair enough

will next years fanpoppies be done on the same dat next year then?
possibly. i thought it was fun doing it around the same time as the Oscars :)
il y a plus d’un an jamfan4 said…
I like this idea! I love me some Fanpoppies. =]
Next year we should have best rater.