Spike Soulles redemption?

pateekes posted on Jan 23, 2008 at 08:07PM
Spike.

He just differs so much in his behavior from other buffyversevampires. Here are a couple of things that confuse me:
>
>1) Him saying "It's nothing, you go on ahead playing kiekeboo mr.sunshine" after tara burned him by pulling the courtains, in the van at the end of season 5. Buffy wasn't around for all I know.
>
>2) Him protecting dawn and the gang at the beginning of season6, even as the persons who he cared about, joyce and buffy, were dead. Why would he honor that promise? There's nothing there for him. It seems like soulbehavior to me.
>
>3)At the end of season 6, he ask himself "Why do I feel this way?" after he apparently feels guilt for trying to rape buffy.

Is he becoming more human? Cause these acts, aren't acts that I would describe to a soulles creature, which means incapable of doing selfless things. Note that love isn't persé selfless, cause you get something back(affection, sex)
>

Spike 4 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an em_em said…
I think I remember reading or watching an interview with writers (maybe Joss) saying that they always considered Spike to have more human qualities than other vampires. Like him loving Dru, where as Angelus and Darla didn't seem to have the same kind of loving relationship thiers was more lust.
I can't remember why they said this was or if they even suggested a reason but it seems true and all of your points just back this up.

And they are also the reasons why so many of us love Spike as much as we do :)
il y a plus d’un an amazondebs said…
1)if spike acts nasty to buffy's friends, shes not exactly going to be on best terms with him, plus spike is a smart warrior he knows willows powerful and a allie

2)he does care about buffy's family in a way, and he made a promise to buffy before she died to protect dawn and he really did love buffy so he plans on keeping that promise to the girl he loves. He is a man of his soul

3)as above he does love buffy and i've said before on another pick that not everything is ever black and white buffyverse or the real world good and evil do overlap and so does soul and no soul

spike although acts more human does definateley not have a soul we no this from his warped behavior, his lack of remorse, and attitudes to most people
il y a plus d’un an pateekes said…
1)his attidudes to most people do NOT CHANGE when he has a soul.
2)And still, why would he keep the promise to protect dawn? If anything happened to dawn, he said he couldn't live with her being in that much pain. But she was dead, nothing to live for, nothing that could make her happy

3)And again, what's with the apparent guilt after the rape? Is it guilt?

The only thing what a soul in buffyverse seems to mean is a conscience. And that's not very much, to define something as a soul to my opinion.
il y a plus d’un an amazondebs said…
1. yes they do he's much more tender with buffy and he just generally avoids everyone else rarther than purposefully annoying them
2. he does love her no matter what dead or alive and he knows that if buffy was watching down on them she would want dawn protected no matter what
3. why not guilt, demons still can love and at this point he most humanised with out a soul