Smallville Ep14 Requiem evaluation

radeon posted on Feb 07, 2009 at 02:13AM
Hi guys and girls, I am a long time fanpop devotee but this is my first post - reason being, I looked around and no other fan saw what I thought I saw the first time I saw this episode....

Im not a Clana fan so this ep was disappointing me BUT I saw a completely different take on the Lex-Oliver situation that made this ep appear to contain a mindblowing GEM.

After Lex's death in the explosion due to Oliver's bomb, we saw clips of everyone: Oliver found joy in Lex's death.....OR DID HE?

I saw a montage of Lex's face on the board, Oliver was smiling, he had Lex's ring....TO ME: The montage looked very familiar to facial reconstruction diagrams typically used in plastic surgery, Oliver's look of satisfaction was a bit too strange, the camera panned around his face in such a way that his hair is hidden...TO ME he was looking strangely like LEX!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch it again and SEE.

'Oliver' was the ONLY survivor in the board meeting blast at the start of the ep, he survived by a table??! - maybe thats when the switch happened.

'Oliver' KILLED!

'Oliver' was uneasy around Lana

I am sure people might find something which does not fit my idea, but hey, imagine if the writers actually did mean to do this? The notion of Lex's deviousness, reminicent of Rosenbaum's excellent portrayal, would boggle the mind and have made this episode a lot better!!

Furthermore, Hartley's portrayal of Lex-Oliver would have been astoundingly good.

What do you guys think?
last edited on Feb 07, 2009 at 02:19AM

Smallville 3 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an rosehustle1 said…
I thought the same thing! The first thing I thought was that Lex was somehow Oliver now.
il y a plus d’un an superscifan said…
I agree with you: Rosenbaum would have made this a better episode. I wrote about it on my blog. Let me know what you think. link
il y a plus d’un an small_h2o said…
hmmm
Iteresting!