Percy Jackson & The Olympians livres Caught In the Middle

penguin098 posted on Feb 22, 2011 at 04:56PM
Ok, so I'm a super fan of the Percy Jackson seires and the Heroes of Olympus seires and I thought I should introduce you to a new demigod, who might just save the world, her name is Lauren she's a daughter of Hecate who just wants to be accepted.

The first chapter takes place before Percy defeats Krosos and goes on from there. I appologize in advance for my spelling (we really need spell cheack here)

Disclaimer: I do not own Percy Jackson, Jason, Piper, or any of those ppl, ect. Dispite my prayers to the writing gods, i have never met Rick Riorden and therefore cannot have stolen any of his ideas

Also, Spaming, please don't, if the comment isn't a complament, question about the story, or constructive critisism, don't say it. Flames will only be used to roast marshmellows (spelling, ik) for the kinder people, so yea i guess i really on't care about that stuff.

Wittout further adu(sp) i peresent to you... Caught in the Middle!!!
last edited on Feb 24, 2011 at 04:55PM

Percy Jackson & The Olympians livres 152 réponses

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 152

il y a plus d’un an penguin098 said…
Ok so first I'll tell youa bit about Lauren (the whole book is her POV unless i change it, and i'll tell you if i do)
Godly Parnt: Hecate
Looks: Strawberry blonde hair with dazzleing green eyes and slightly tanned skin
Personality: you decide, read her life story and figure out what makes her tick
Weapon of choice: foot long knife, but can fight with anything really

Chapter 1
I leave camp

"Okay okay, whoa, whoa, whoa! I said to fight to disarm, not to kill each other!" I shouted
"Sorry Lauren," Michelle from Athena said, "but I'm new at this remember?"
I shrugged, she was new, but that was no excuse for nearly chopping someone's arm off. Gods I'm bad at teaching classes. Percy should be doing this not me! But sadly Percy was off doing...things, no one really knew what. Then Chiron galloped into the Arena
“Heroes!” He shouted, Percy has requested your presence immediately by the empire state building- grab what you need and meet me at the pine tree”
Oh Gods, the war, it’s time. I rushed off to grab my armor when Chiron stopped me, “Oh no you don’t young lady” he said
“But Chiron, I’m one of the best fighters at camp, and you know that! This is my chance to prove that to the rest of the camp! They’ll need me!” I protested
“Hecate, your mother, has ordered you to stay here, and unless you wish to be turned into a pile of dust, I suggest you listen!” Chiron shouted, whoa I’ve NEVER seen him get that mad before “Just wait Lauren, your time will come, sooner then you think”
I ran off to my cabin that I share with the other half of the camp. I hated it here, 10 years in the Hermes cabin and I finally get claimed and I’m still stuck in the Hermes cabin! No one cares that I’ve been at camp since I was 3! I stroked my silky blonde hair, trying to get a hold of myself. I stared at my want and my knife, ομίχλη, which is mist in Greek. I know they both longed to see battle, but I haven’t left camp since I got here when I was 3-Chiron wouldn’t even let me play Capture the Flag, instead I helped heal the wounded with my magic, which is boring. So unfair. I heard someone come in- it was Annabeth.
“Are you coming, because everyone’s ready?” She asked
“N-no,” I said, giving her a weak smile. Then she gave me the look, gods I hate it! It reads: are-you-sure-your-a-demigod-cause-you-are-­alw­ays­-sc­are­d-i­-do­n’t­-ev­en-­thi­nk-­you­-ca­n-f­igh­t, and then Annabeth left. I smashed my head into my pillow to keep me from screaming out of frustration. EVERYONE thinks I’m a whimp, because Chiron won’t let me do ANYTHING! I only train with Percy, that’s why he left me in charge of swords practice, he knows how strong I am, he’s the only one who knows my strength, my bravery. Trust me, if I was “allowed” I’d be on Krosos’s freakin back right now. I’m strong, a good swordsman, and I can make monster dust with just about anything (even a pillow, but that’s a different story) Then Chiron called me from the doorway, sometimes it’s an up that he can’t fit through cabin doors.
“I have a mission for you, that is if you’re interested” He said
Now let me tell you, I was surprised, nearly everyone had been on missions for the war, but me. I almost passed out I was so shocked
“What’s the mission?” I asked, still too shocked to comprehend what was happening.
“I think I’ve located a rather powerful demigod in the San Francisco area whose nearly 16, I’m pretty sure he’s of the big three” Chiron said
He seemed…weird, a little unsure, and San Francisco? I gulped demigods aren’t supposed to go there, monsters everywhere, but Chiron said big three, this might not be Percy’s prophecy, I we don’t get to hi fast this could get ugly.
“So just leave, grab him, and come back?” I said Chiron nodded “K I’ll do it” I said, nearly screaming, and I dissipated. Did I mention chrildren of Hecate are like wizards from Harry Potter? Oh well, I searched the school Chiron sent me to, and after making hellhound soup, and avoiding another monster, I found him, the 15 year-old boy with blond hair and a scar above his lip. His name was Jason.
*****************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­

Sooooo watcha think, good bad, worse, tell me your favorite part
THis is lauren,when she was five,
last edited il y a plus d’un an
 Ok so first I'll tell youa bit about Lauren (the whole book is her POV unless i change it, and i'll t
il y a plus d’un an Thaliahunter said…
crying
awwwww! Lauren(at 5 years) is sooo cute!!!

im sory.... i have no time to read ur story! dont blam me, blam skool! not my fault!! i will read it tomorrow night or sometime!
im sooo sory i cant read it now!!!!!!! :'(
il y a plus d’un an vlad_todd_fan said…
big smile
OH MY GOD'S
it's so scrumptrilescent I can hardly move. *Stays frozen for ten seconds*
also read my 'Lost in Thought' articles, but not before reading 'Continuation of Percy Jackson'
:D
il y a plus d’un an percabeth5 said…
mischievous
Not bad, BTW I'm starting my own fanfic it is here link I plan to post daily

il y a plus d’un an darkling_menace said…
it really messes with my brain that your using HoO characters in a PJO fanfic
Ok, so I'm going to try to post once a week from now on, probably on thursdays casue i really hate thursdays cause, well i just hate them, and that way i have something to look forward to

@Thailiahunter: Don't be ashamed of not being able to read, i totaly understand, skool sux
@vlad_todd_fan: I looked for your artile, but i can't find it, could you give me a link
@percabeth5: i plan to read ur fanfic today, i bet it's awesome
@darkling_menace: I'm sorry i'm confusing you,but hopfully it will get somewhat less confusing

Chapter 2
I meet the Romans

I took a deep breth and walked towards him. You’ll be okay I told myself, but I wasn’t sure, something was wrong
“Hi,” I sad, gaining confidence “Jason isn’t it?”
But before I could answer one of the students nearby looked over at us shouted something, I’m not sure what- I think it was Latin (weird right) and turned into a Cyclopes and charged us. I took out mist and Jason stared at it, newbies, you can’t help but love ‘em, but then he took out a coin and flipped it, and it turned into some axe-thingy. Now it was my turn to stare, he was amazing, Jason was fighting like a maniac, no joke this dude had skill. The Cyclopes was dust before I could swing my knife.
“Impressive” I said “Espectually for a newbie”
“Newbie?” Jason asked, still panting “I’ve been at camp since I was two!”
Really? Because I’ve never seen y-“
“I could say the same thing about you,” He interjected, “I mean you’re what, 13, 14? Our paths should have crossed at Fort Rome”
“Whoa, slow down, Fort Rome? As in not camp half blood? Where else would a Greek go?”
“Um, Pluto?” He said confused “The Greeks were weak, they’re all dead, but the Romans, they’re still kicking butt! Are you a loner or something, where in the name of Jupiter did you get that knife?”
Okay, so maybe I missed something, but this guy’s nuts, who’s Jupiter and Pluto? Why would he talk about planets? Honestly I could have talked with Jason for hours, but if he really was of the big three, there would be a monster number three, we had to get going.
“Know anywhere safe we can go?” I asked
“Corse, follow me” Jason said
As we walked, we talked trying to figure things out, first things first, parentage. Jason was a son of Jupiter, who is really Zeus, not a planet. It took us a while to figure out what and who the gods were according to him and me both. And after that it didn’t take us long to come up with the situation
1. Jason is a roman demigod, I am a Greek
2. There are separate camps for both, each being a secret to each other
3. No one could find out or there’d be another war on top of this one
4. We were the only two demigods who knew about both groups
5. We were caught in the middle of two groups who hated each other
So turns out, Jason was bringing me to his “home base” he called it fort Rome, their version of camp half blood. It was amazing, there were cabins, but they were organized by legion, how good of a fighter you were. The better you fought, and the more quests you had been on, the higher your status, and the better you had it. But there was an area; Jason called it the “Wolf House” that made me uneasy. It was where they tested new demigods in combat and stuff. Why test them? I remembered my first day, I was scared out of my wits, I couldn’t possibly imagine having to fight for my life too! Shake it off Lauren I told myself, get a grip.
Can we train a little, I want to learn some Roman moves, and I’ll show you some Greek if you want.” I asked
“Sure why not?” Jason said
I was having the time of my life, Jason was so much fun, and really good, but I was better, he never won. Yet, something was missing; there was something wrong that I couldn’t just put my finger on.
“Where is everyone” I finally asked. Jason got all serious then, a little sad too. “Sorry am I being too nosey?” I added
“It’s not that” He said, “Just, bad timing – they’re all on their way to war on Mount Orthyus, I was on a mission to pick up a powerful demigod-you- and then meet them in war.”
“Gods that is bad timing!” I agreed “I guess I’ll be going then, but I’ll try to come back soon” I smiled. He’s my little secret, kinda cute too, but he’s got a girlfriend. Reyna is one lucky girl. Focus Lauren! There’s a war going on! I told myself. I turned around to say bye to Jason, but he was already gone, so I left Fort Rome. The more I thought about it, the more wrong it seemed, I mean why separate us, we’re all family aren’t we? Maybe this was why Chiron seemed uneasy when I left, did he know Jason was Roman? It’s time I got some answers, now! And whether Chiron wants to tell me or not. And I disparated.

Sorrym this one's kind short, and no picture :^( i'll try to give y'all pics with every chap. Hope you iked it!
il y a plus d’un an greek_camper95 said…
smile
that was really great hope u can post soon
il y a plus d’un an NightmareGirl16 said…
my god this so good! post more than thursday, i cant wait 2 read the next one, i may do this whole story thing 2... INSPIRATION! thanks penguin!!!
big smile
ok YAY it's thursday... this whole post thing is egging on my spiritss about it... thought i still uterly despise thursdays, they ARE a bit better now
I guess i will try to post *counts on figers* monday AND thursday!
*Waits for applause*
so withour further adu (god i rlly need to learn how to spell tht) Chapter 3!

Chapter 3
Answers

It took me a couple of days to figure out how to confront Chiron, but three days later I was in front of the big house
“Oh Chiron!” I yelled, knocking loudly on the door of the big house. Finally, the door opened, “Ah Lauren! I see you’ve succeeded, now where’s Jason?” He asked.
“More like WHO’S Jason, Chiron “I said, “I know he’s roman!”
Chiron looked slightly alarmed at this comment, which is exactly what I was hoping for “Alright, come in and I’ll tell you, but I must warn you, it’s not a bed-time story” I smiled, but as Chiron continued, my happiness faded. The wars, the fighting, the blood, the death, it was all too much. No wonder the gods separated us! When the two groups met, war broke out, how could people be so evil? I gulped, even if there were children of Minerva, rather than Athena, or Neptune rather than Poseidon, we were still family, we were still half brothers, cousins, twins even. It scared me. After many more harsh stories, I plucked up the courage to ask the one question I’ve been dying to know the answer to
“Why won’t you let me fight in the war, or in capture the flag, or go on quests, or anything dangerous for that matter!” I demanded
Chiron sighed, like he had been waiting for that question to come. “ Child, you must swear on the River Styx not to tell anyone about this, until the events have folded out, no one can know that you knew a head of time, you understand” I nodded, I had no idea this could be so serious. “Good,” Chiron continued, “Now, the details I don’t know, but shortly after the war, there will be a new oracle, who shall give a new prophecy. It concerns you. Now, it’s so important that the gods decided there must be a one hundred percent chance of you being alive until then!”
Silence. What can I say? I was stunned, me? Being, that is becoming just as important and powerful as Percy? Whoa. I decided to take a walk on the beach, I needed to think. A prophecy? With me as the leader? No possible. I needed to get away, I needed to fight. I grabbed my knife, wand, and armor and snuck off to Manhattan. I got there, ready to fight, but there wasn’t anything left, gods they won! I went up to Olympus, expecting to see the normal glory off it, but nearly everything was crushed, the war had defiantly taken a toll, and I missed it cause of a freakin prophecy. I hurried on to the throne room, to find the gods in a meeting, and I saw my mom for the first time. Sadly, she saw me too. Hecate motioned me to the back room, oh gods, here we go, I thought as I followed her
“Lauren, let me say, I’m sorry I have prevented you from fighting, and in extension being a true demigod. I promise, that is all over, it will all change. But before that, I must give you this” Hecate said
She handed me a ring. I slipped it on my finger, I have to admit, it was cool, but a ring? Honestly, I was expecting more, I mean after all she’s a god.
“Gee mom thanks” I said, trying to hide my disappointment, I failed at that though.
“This is no ordinary ring, squeeze it and you dagger, mist, will be brought to your hand, no matter where it is, and won’t leave your hand unless you squeeze your ring again” She said
“Sweet! Even if it’s like, in Tarturus?” I said, much more enthusiastic this time. She nodded. I tried it out, and sure enough, just as Hecate had promised, mist appeared in my hand.
“Thanks,” I said, amazed.
“Hermes also thought it would be wise to give you this- an anklet, slap your heels together and your armor will appear on you, complete with a shield made by Hephateus himself” Hecate handed me my other prize
“Wow, but why give me these things now?” I asked “You’ll see” Hecate said “Next summer will be very different” She said that like she knew something I didn’t, it bothered me. “Bye mom!” I left and headed towards camp, not sure of what awaited me there.

Ok, so maybe this clears a LITTLE up about the whole Roman thing, hope it makes sense, if not just ask i'll try to answer/explain
These are Lauren's new magic items
 ok YAY it's thursday... this whole post thing is egging on my spiritss about it... thought i still ut
big smile
ok so turns out... I had a science test today that i didn't know about, and I'm pretty sure i failed it :( but I finaly got around to posting!! yay! so here we go chapter 4... and PLEASE post your comments I'm dieing not knowing what ppl think about this... please?

Chapter 4
A Warm Welcome Home, sort of

I got back to camp, worried. All I could see was green smoke, the kind that comes out of the oracle when she gives… a… prophecy. Crap. I rushed to the big house, hypothetically speaking; really I just appeared there, to see some red head with green eyes chanting
“Seven half-bloods shall answer the call
To storm or fire, the world must fall
An oath to keep with a final breath
And foes bear arms to the doors of death”
I’ll keep it short, not what I was hoping for, why not, “The monsters are all gone” That would have been MUCH better. I looked over at Chiron and he nodded, this was my prophecy. Crap. I walked over to Percy; I wanted details about the war, so he told me, everything. I gotta say the way he told it, the part when Annabeth took that knife was the scariest, by far. I expected a relaxing evening that day, but with the promise the gods made, that couldn’t be possible. It only took five minutes for the first demigod to arrive, gods was he hot! He had chocolate brown hair with, grey? Yes, grey eyes. Athena for sure. He was being followed by Echidna herself, at least I think it’s a her. I charged it, without thinking twice, I could hear Chiron and Percy yelling how foolish this was, I didn’t even have a weapon, but I had better, my ring. As I slapped my heels together, I squeezed my ring, and suddenly, the campers were silent. In two swings, Echidna was gone, and he came out from his hiding place. He had a nasty looking gash above his eye, it was bleeding a lot.
“Oh, that doesn’t look good” I said, he nodded, still to shocked to really speak I guess. I took out my emergency supply of nectar and poured it on his wound. He stared at me in amazement.
I smiled “Hi, I’m Lauren, you?” I asked
He seemed uneasy, I can’t blame him though, Echidna still had me shaking.
“ David" He said, his voice shaking “Whe- Wherrre’sss Zz-z-Zoey?”
“Who’s Zoey, is she your sister?” I asked, growing more concerned by the second.
“N-not sister, adop-adopted” David said. He was shivering
“Ok, let’s get you inside, m’kay? You’ll feel better, don’t worry, we’ll find Zoey” I said, trying to put confidence in my voice. He nodded, but was still hesitant with leaving the hill. Finally, we got to the Big House, only to hear shouting.
“WHERE’S DAVID, WHERE’S MY BROTHER?” a furious voice shouted
David’s eyes brightened up, I guess the furious voice was Zoey. We entered the big house to see one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen. She had long brown hair and startling blue eyes. She looked tough, like she had been raised by strict rules and harsh punishments. I could see some weird bar-code thing on her arm, just like Jason’s I thought.
“Oh thank the GODS” Zoey screamed when she saw David. She ran up and embraced him.
“Um hi, I’m Lauren, and you’re Zoey, right” I said, trying to pull Zoey back to reality. She nodded.
That night was like a firework display. Everyone was claimed, and I mean EVERYONE there were little tiny god simples everywhere all night. After about an hour, everyone had been claimed. I had a little sister, who knew? Or at least I thought everyone had been claimed.
“Hey Zoey, who’s your mommy?” I asked, happy, everybody was in a good mood now.
She shook her head, “I wasn’t claimed, guess my mum doesn’t want me, huh?” She said. I hugged her, and the sleeve of her jacket fell down, revealing her tattoo again. Damn, I had forgotten about that.
“Hey Zoe? What’s that” I asked, pointing to her arm
“You're going to think I’m crazy” She said “But, I already knew about the gods before I came here. You probably shouldn’t know this but,”
“There’s a Roman camp just like this one?” I interrupted
“Yeah, how’d you kno-“ She shrugged “I guess it doesn’t matter, but I came there, well more like was forced inside the gates, anyways, I got there 2 years ago, and honestly I hated it. This place, here feels right, there, not so much, I was claimed by Ceres, but I still felt weird, like something wasn’t right. I ran away during the war and was adopted by a very ‘kind’ woman. You just killed her”
“Echidna was your mother?” I asked, bewildered,
“Well, yes and no, she adopted me yes, but I did most of the ‘motherly’ things, and then she adopted David and said something about joining her, that’s when I decided to leave, again. We wandered the country for weeks, heading for New York. Even if the gods don’t always help, I figured maybe my mom would help us out. And gods did she. She told us to avoid Olympus at all costs, something about Kronos” She shrugged.
“And now you’re here?” I asked, trying to end the story on a good note
“And now I’m here, alive, with David.” Zoey agreed.
“Don’t you see, you are Greek, and Correct me if I’m wrong, your mother is Demeter, not Ceres” I said, confident I had my god/goddess conversions down. “The Romans just got to you before a satyr could.”
She nodded, happy that she had a mother again, when David walked up
“What does an owl mean, who’s my godly parent?”
Yes, I was right, “It means your mom is Athena goddess of wisdom and battle strategy, I’ll go get Annabeth and she’ll show you your cabin” I said, already running off.
What a great way to end the day I thought as I laid my head down in a bed for the first time in 10 years, the Hermes cabin lost a lot of members that night.
The next day, construction on the new cabins for the minor gods started. With some help from mom, the Hecate cabin was the first one done
“Hey! Lily, c’mover here, the cabins done. And cute little five-year-old Lily came, bewildered by my speed
Gods was my cabin amazing. It had black, stone walls, but with a sparkle and a slight purple tinge to it. Inside, there were balls of fire floating in mid air, illuminating the room. In the front, there were 2 overstuffed couches, centered around a huge fireplace. Beyond that, there was a huge and beautiful statue of my mother, with two halls leading off on each side, leading to rooms for boys and girls. Looked like there were more siblings on the way. It was way bigger on the inside then it looked on the outside, another gift from mom. The beds were overstuffed, matching the couches, and the most comfortable things I had ever sat on. They were dressed with simple, black covers, and a cashmere comforter on top. There were silk curtains going around the bed, for a bit of privacy I guess, complete with our own bathroom. But when me and Lily tried to go down the boy’s hall, it was like some invisible wall kept us from entering. Stupid over protective mom, but I guess she was right, if just one day could be this different, imagine what next summer would be like.

hope y'all like it.
Here's the new characters, and hopefully, David+Lauren will get together later on, all u need to do is come up with a cute name (like Percabeth) m'kay? POST POST POST COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW!
 ok so turns out... I had a science test today that i didn't know about, and I'm pretty sure i failed
il y a plus d’un an zeuskid777 said…
GR8 story post chpt5 soon by the way why hasnt she used much magic
il y a plus d’un an brittanyloves said…
In my story, (on the other page where you had posted a link) can I use your character for one of my side characters and you use my character as a side character.
It'd be awesome if you said yes.
big smile
ok let me start with... im ditching the while one chapter per thursday thing... im just gonna post when i feel like it... but at least twice a week... so YAY! and thank the GODS some one posted... u both get props! yay 4 u *claps* IDK y, but i rlly love this chapt! Hope u do 2...

@zeuskid77 i just relized that... there should be more magic in the future chapts... i guess i just didn't include it

@brittanyloves... could i know what character+how often they will be in b4... it took me a while to come up with all of them... but i'd be happy to help you come up with other characters (like in those demigod creators... im good @ it)
@everyone... DON'T 4GET I NEED A NAME FOR DAVID+lAUREN (i was thinking laurid... but i want your imput)

here we go CHapter 5!!!!
Chapter 5
Another newbie

Ever since the war, I had more, confidence. I trained harder and with more people. It didn’t take long for me to be known as one of the best fighters at camp, after Percy, Annabeth, and Clarisse in that order. I almost never lost a match, and I always had my secret weapon: my Roman moves, but I always saved those for an elegancy. So, naturally I used them when I heard Clarisse bashing my fighting skills. Let’s just say five minutes later, I was the third best fighter at camp.
I spent most of my time training campers, and spent most of my free time with David, he was getting to be pretty good. I have to admit, he was cute too, but don’t you dare tell him I said that. But sadly, all good things have to come to an end, and the summer session of camp was over, and most of everyone went home. Of course, some people stayed, including most of the newbies like David and Zoey, but camp just wasn’t the same. The next few months that past were uneventful. I needed action, but nothing was happening, so there were no quests to be given. I thought of Jason, and wondered what he was doing. Duh, Jason, the Romans. I could go to Fort Rome for a day. I begged and begged and begged Chiron to let me go, and after 2 hours or so, he caved, and I left.
I stood outside of the gates to Fort Rome, listening to the sounds of swords hitting each other and targets getting hit by arrows, the sounds of demigods. There were certainly more campers here than at camp half blood. Maybe there was no summer session, year-round only. I I-M Jason, telling him to let me in, and the tall gates slowly opened, revealing Jason and a giant wolf, I guessed it was their leader, Lupa. What if she “tests” me, after all, Jason told people I was a loner, not a Greek.
“Hey Jason, looks like you won the war” I said, turning to Lupa, making an awkward bow. She nodded in approval, and I tried to return a confident smile, still worrying about being tested
“Do not worry child, if you do not plan to stay here, there is no point in seeing if you are worthy of training at this camp” Lupa said. Did she just read my mind? Oh wait, I forgot gods can do that. I nodded, now sure I would enjoy myself here. Jason brought me to the swords arena.
Today’s Saturday, so Lupa lets us have fights here to see who’s the best, it also helps determine if you are worthy enough to go up a legion. If you want, you can compete.” Jason said
“Hell yea, but won’t it be suspicious that I fight like a Greek?” I asked, fearing what would happen
“Naw, I told them you picked up some wicked moves on the road”
“Perfect” As we walked in, nearly everyone turned and stared, ad whispers started. I couldn’t pick out much, but I was pretty sure they were talking about the loner who beat Jason on her first try. I looked at Jason, he had given me an awesome rep.
“Anyone wanna fight?” I asked, and one girl raised her hand. She had brown tangled hair and black eyes, hard and cold. She came down to the “stage” or whatever you want to call it, and took out a sword. She looked at me, waiting for my weapon. I slapped my heels and squeezed my ring, awing the crowd and my opponent. I heard a horn, and began fighting. I have to admit, she was good, but I was better. I disarmed her and hit her in the head with my shield. We fought a little longer, but eventually, she fell down, knocked out cold, I had stunned her with, well magic. I didn’t like the fact that to win you had to knock out your opponent, but I had to do it, the look on everyone’s face was good enough. I could tell Jason was impressed but I had given the girl a deep gash, and when he saw it, he paled and ran over to her.
“Oh Pluto Reyna, always gotta add a new scar every time you fight. Don’t cha?” Jason said. Oh gods, Reyna was Jason’s girlfriend, I had a hunch who would challenge me next.
Jason took out his coin, flipped it, and we were fighting. I wanted to be nice, so I finished with mist under Jason’s neck, rather than him being unconscious
“I win” I declared, beaming
The crowd broke into cheers, but no one would challenge me, so I watched instead. They were freakin awesome, but having different moves was my only advantage. Without them, I’d be toast, with a side of butter. I went out the river that surrounds Fort Rome to splash around. When Sam contacted me in an Iris message. Sam is a satyr; responsible for this kid named Jesse, and well I think you can guess why he called me.
“We have a pretty brutal monster, um attacking, and I think its got back-up” Sam said, glancing around, like something was going to jump up at him, but you never know.
“Awww not now” I complained, “But I guess I’ll be there in a few minutes, ‘bye Sam”
“Bye” The mist shimmered and it was gone. Thank Zeus no one saw that, or I’d be a dead Greek. I went and told Jason, who nodded and I dissipated and ended up in rainy Olympia Washington. I got there to see a school in total chaos. I made sure to get in full armor before going in. There were fires everywhere, and I could hear screams, I hated when mortals got hurt. Then I saw… it. Some dragon fire breathing thing. This was going to be fun, and I charged.
*****************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­*
New POV, Jesse . This kinda tells how this all happened
OH. MY. GOD. My teacher breaths fire and my best friend is a goat. Maybe my dad’s right, I AM crazy. But, I should probably back up a little. My name is Jesse, I’m in seventh grade and until quite recently I went to Froth Middle School. It was a normal day, and my least favorite teacher, Mrs. Mellow, was passing out our final exams for ancient history. I looked at the first question, but I just couldn’t read it, see I have dyslexia and ADHD, and honestly tests just make it all worse. A golden glint caught my eye on my glove that I always wore. An apple, a golden apple had appeared on it, I swear I never saw that before. Weird, but then again weird things tended to happen with me. The only thing I knew about my mother played in my head ‘never go anywhere without it’. I left the classroom, going to get a drink of water, but Mrs. Mellow cut me off half way there.
“Hey honey” she said, in my least favorite voice that meant detention. I gulped.
“Yes ma’am?” I answered, trying to sweeten her up. She smiled and transformed into a giant fire-breathing… thing. She looked at me.
“Now don’t worry, this will only hurt a lot” And as she got ready to pounce, my best friend, Sam came out, with the bottom half of a goat. He took out a knife and charged Mrs. Mellow. That’s the last thing I saw before I blacked out.
*****************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­*
Don'cha love clif-hangers? *cricket cricket* well too bad u still have one. don't foget, post!
here's Jesse, the new demigod
 ok let me start with... im ditching the while one chapter per thursday thing... im just gonna post wh
I'd use you once in a while OR your character can go on the quest with my character (Quinn Garrett) and Nico di Angelo. And also, I'd like if you'd help. Thanks for offering!
P.S. Your book is great.
P.S.S My book is on the Percy Jackson & The Olympian Book forum called, "A Demigod Life."
P.S.S.S This takes place after the time period of "The Last Olympian." about the summer after.
yay! Jesses finally in the story!
big smile
YOu guys better make me feel loved for gining you so many chapters this week... JUST KINDDING you don't have to, but it would be nice... ok chapter... whatever we're on...

Chapter 6
A Change for the worst

Jesse’s POV
I woke up in a small, dark room, with a huge lump on my head. That thing must have hit me on my way here. Damn, it really hurt! I heard someone come in, Mrs. Mellow probably coming to finish me off.
“H-hello?” I asked, my voice quivering “M-mmm-mrs. Mel-llow? Is that you?” I looked around searching for something to use to defend myself and something caught my eye. Damn, my cowboy boots had mud all over them. They were like 100 bucks! Stupid monster.
‘Good child your angry, use that to your power’ a voice whispered in my ear, or at least that’s what I thought, but when I looked around, there was no one there. I heard it again
‘Do not worry child, I don’t plan on hurting you, for now. And the ground started shaking and a lady covered in dirt appeared before me.
“Hail Jesse I am Gaea, the goddess of the Earth, and you my boy have an opportunity to join my army!” My first thought was, okay this girls nuts, there’s no such thing as gods and goddesses, right
“Oh but aren’t there” Gaea said, “You’re a smart boy, surely you must know of the Greek gods, and mythology? Well, they aren’t myths; they’re real all of them, the monsters too. And you my boy are a demigod, son of Eris the goddess of strife and discord. Surely you must believe me, after all you have met one already, Typhoeus, the one who brought you here”
“Tyfo hoey?” I asked
“Typhoeus, a fire breathing dragon with 100 heads, brought to this world by me” Gaea beamed as if this was here biggest achievement.
“What about this army business? I’m no soldier!”
“That can be arranged, you will become one of my best, let us pick out your weapon” Gaea’s voice sounded sweet as honey, but something was up. But what could I do about it? I followed her into the forge.
*****************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­**
Ok here’s an exact description of Typhoeus:
TYPHOEUS: A fire breathing dragon with a hundred heads that never rest. It was birthed by the goddess Gaea as a last ditch effort to keep the Olympians from defeating her children the Titans. It came close to succeeding, setting most of the gods to flight and capturing Zeus. Hermes was able to free Zeus. Zeus was then able to dispatch Typhoeus with his lighting bolts. Typhoeus is buried under Mount Etna in Sicily.
*****************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­**
Camp Half-Blood, Lauren’s POV

“WHERE IS HE?” I screamed, the school had burnt to the ground and Jesse was nowhere in sight. I wanted to curl up and cry, newbies shouldn’t have to face this, they should be safe! I shook with anger, I get two missions to pick up a demigod and I had failed both of them, and it didn’t feel good. Sam kept rubbing my back as we sat in silence, in honor of the lost demigod.
“C’mon Lauren, we’ve gatta tell Chiron, he has to know” Sam said, letting a tear escape his eye. I nodded and disapated with Sam in a tight hold and we landed in the strawberry patch by the Big House. Nico ran up to us,
“Hey guys! Ren-ren, been wondering where you where, and” then he saw me crying “Oh my gods what’s wrong?” Nico asked, full of concern *I know lame nickname but it’s kinda cute, right?*
“I went to get a newbie, and, and there was fire everywhere, and he-he didn’t make it” I sobbed
Nico looked at me skeptically, “Jesse?” I nodded, as he shook his head “Naw, I would’ve known, he’s still alive I can feel it”
“Really! That’s great, Oh Hades thank the gods!” I ran up to Nico and gave him a big hug, making Nico blush like a maniac. “That thing must have taken him! Not good”
“Why what was it?” Nico asked, as worry lines appeared on his forehead
“Typheous” Nico took a big breath, after it’s a pretty ugly monster (and not just in looks). Hopefully the fact that he’s still alive means she let him go I thought, not likely though. I sighed.
“I need a quest, to go and save Jesse, obviously, there’s a new enemy about and we need information on it” Then Nico sighed
“Not gonna be easy, Chiron’s super uptight right now, like there’s something bad coming that he know about, but we don’t” Nico said.
And that’s the bottom line with being a half blood, nothing’s ever easy. Never.
“Hey, Nico? You seen David?”
“Yea he was at archery when I saw him last” Nico replied
“Thanks see ya later!” I yelled, already running away. I checked the archery fields, but he wasn’t there. I ran into the arena, hoping to get David alone, but he was fighting Zoey, who was adapting to the Greek way of life pretty well.
“Hey guys,” I said
“Hey Lauren, mind teaching us some new moves? We’re good, but I want to crush Clarisse during Capture the Flag tonight” Zoey asked
I laughed “Why not?”
We trained hard, and by the time we were done, all three of us were covered in sweat, and laughing our heads off. David had a hard time beating the dummy, surprisingly he lost.
“Wow David, you really know how to show that dummy who’s boss” I said, and David kicked it over. I nearly collapsed I was laughing so hard.
“Let’s just go to dinner” David said, sulking
“If you think you can handle it” Zoey teased. And we walked to the dining pavilion, arm in arm.

Ok so i didn't know what to put for a picture so i did camp half blood...
 YOu guys better make me feel loved for gining toi so many chapters this week... JUST KINDDING toi don
You're awesome, Penguin. You know, for making lot's of chapters in a week.
you could've put a picture of Typhoeus that would've been cool (and also isn't Typhoeus just a roman Typhon).
legal disclaimer (not really): Jesse is of my creation, i only asked penguin if she could put Jesse in her story.
big smile
so here's Typhoeus, who isn't the romen Typhon, (the roman from of typhon is saturn)sorry it's a crappy pic, but apparently there's a bettle by the same name so it was kinda hard, but anyways here y'all go:
 so here's Typhoeus, who isn't the romen Typhon, (the roman from of typhon is saturn)sorry it's a crap
no, saturn is the roman kronos
big smile
oh crap... i guess it is the roman form of Typhoon. I appollogize, I could've sworn he saw greek (did the discription even sound like Typhoon???) If i had known i wouldn't have used him... maybe i just got the name wrong. Anyways, let's just pretend that Typhoeus isn't really tyohoon and get on with the story, shall we?

This is a good game of capture the falg, if the plan seems confuzing, just tell me and i'll try to come up with a better explanation

Chapter 7

We Try Not to Get Killed Over a Flag
Lauren’s POV

After we finished eating, Chiron came trotting into the Dining Pavilion.
Heroes, as you know, today is Friday, and we will be playing Capture the flag. The teams stand as this: Blue Team, Athena, Poseidon, Demeter, Hermes, Apollo, Red team: the rest of you! No intentional killing or maiming. Captives are allowed and may be disarmed. All magical items are allowed I will be serving as Field Medic. You have one hour to prepare. Have fun” And Chiron galloped out.
I was the leader of the Red team, and I knew we were going to win, I heard Percy and Annabeth whispering about battle plans yesterday, and I “borrowed” their plans. Plus, I had made alliances with all of the minor gods (which wasn’t many kinds, but still a lot) the Ares and Hephaestus cabins, who had been working on some pretty nasty traps this week, I also had the Aphrodite girls, but I didn’t expect much from them. The Ares cabin had gotten Annabeth’s invisible cap so I could play around with it, and keep Annabeth visible. What can I say? When I came to Capture the Flag, I played dirty.
“Okay troops fall in!” I yelled and pulled out the Blue team’s plans as well as my own, “Ok I want half of the Ares cabin over here, ready to rush in first thing with the Hephaestus cabin while the other half of the Ares cabin will come in five minutes later, disguised as Apollo campers. Do NOT go straight for the flag, take out the guards. Then blow this whistle, and I’ll come in and grab the flag as you guys hold off anyone else. The rest of you stay guard, equally spread out. Annabeth’s planning a rush, hoping we will capture them all and not worry anymore. I want ten of you to watch out, not attack the rush. Percy and Annabeth will come in and fight together. If you see riptide’s glow, watch out for Annabeth, don’t worry Percy won’t fight.” I said, out of breath
“Wait, how do you know all of this?” Butch, a child of Iris asked
I smirked, and showed them the “borrowed” plans, and they cheered. “Okay, get into your places. Fight according to plan and we will win in about one hour, don’t forget the traps, they’re pretty nasty. If you can’t beat someone, bring them to a trap, where they can stay prisoner.”
*****************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­**

Annabeth’s POV (before the game starts)

“Ok so you all know the plan, get to you places, and don’t go down without a fight.”
I put on my Yankees hat, planning to enter enemy territory with Percy, undetected, but when I put it on, nothing happened.
“Damn it! Stupid Lauren!” I yelled. I guess Lauren wet over-board, this was her first time playing, but my hat? This meant war. Then again, she always favored my team, and this was my first time without my star medic, I knew I should have made an alliance with her. I sat on the ground, my head in my hands
“Hey Owl-Head, it’s almost time to start, put your hat on and get over here!” I looked up to see Percy offering a hand.
“Oh Seaweed brain, she bewitched my hat, it’s not working!”
“Damn, now what?” That seaweed bran, doesn’t he know I always have plans A-Z, I had a back-up for everything, but my hat.
“I don’t know, let’s just hide really, really good.” I smiled, and he looked at me.
“Kay” But before Percy walked away, he kissed me on the cheek. We had to win this. Magic wouldn’t stop me.
The conch horn blew, and the game began. Nearly all of my team rushed off towards the middle, and me and Percy headed to the side. He would take care of and stragglers, and I would grab the flag when they weren’t watching. I nodded. Percy walked over a little and took out riptide. And, nothing happened, instead, the guard headed towards me! I got ready to fight, but he overtook me, and took my knife. Percy came running over, but when he saw me, with my own knife to my neck, he stopped in his tracks, shocked, I could see it in his eyes. I wanted to scream at him that it was a trap, but before he knew it, Lauren came up and stunned him with her wand.
“Aww isn’t it cute, the two little leaders, taken in under five minutes.” Lauren said, “You thought Percy would distract my guard, no no, we were expecting you” She held up my spare plans, I wondered where that had gone. And Lauren left us in her jail, tied up, along with nearly everyone else on my team, I think the rest were stuck in traps. I heard a distant whistle, and Lauren ran away. Five minutes later, she came back with the flag, except she looked just like Johnny, who was also in jail. I stared
“Polyjuice Potion” She said, when she caught me staring. And tossed me my hat “Missing something?” I just glared at her “Now go back to your little friends and tell them why you lost” Lauren said, smiling ear to ear.
“C’mon seaweed brain let’s go” Lauren had un-stunned him and Percy and I walked back to the creek, in silence.
*****************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­*

Lauren’s POV (again)

I smiled the flag in my hands as my team cheered, the plan went perfectly, and Annabeth didn’t know what hit her. I could tell Chiron was impressed by my ingenious plan, even Mr. D was speechless when I talked to him later on, and he actually called me by the correct name (first time ever)
“Hey Annabeth, be on my team next time?” I asked, teasing her
“We’ll see” Annabeth said, but I could tell she wanted to.
“Whatever, see you around” I said, not really interested. I knew time was running out for Jesse, if he really was captured, but I tried not to think about it. I went to see Chiron; I needed to get a quest. I told him the situation, and without putting up a fight, he let me consult the oracle, Rachel. When I asked her, her eyes turned green and she started chanting
“Your journey shall start after the 28th of June
Find her new captive, quickly and soon
Travel far north, locate the ground’s lair
And do not forget, the missing still care”
*****************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­**
Sorry it’s so long! Hope you like it!!

THis is the sympol of hecate, which would have been put on the flag when Lauren won the game
 oh crap... i guess it is the roman form of Typhoon. I appollogize, I could've sworn he saw greek (did
I LOVE long chapters (I don't like to write them, though). You should do more of them.
big smile
Keep on writing
crying
Read my fanfic called the demititans or the new demigods
big smile
OMG guys... I'm soooooooooooooooooo so so sorry I didn't post sooner, I've just been rlly busy lately. I had a little cat-fight girl drama to clear up between my friends and it can be time consuming, anyways, I feel the need to make it up to you guys! I am gonna post2 chaps today! YAY!! so... yea. Here we go, chapter whatever number we're on...

Chapter 8

The worse day ever gets worse

After Rachel was done with her prophecy, I stayed still for a few moments. I was in shock still with the fact that Chiron gave in so easily. I needed this quest not only to save Jesse, but to find information on our new enemy as well. I was pissed that I had to wait a week to start, but there was probably a reason, there always is. I went to the big house, looking for Chiron to tell him me prophecy. He had a poker face the whole time, but I could tell he was worried.
“Somethin’ wrong Chiron?” I asked, concerned that he still hadn’t answered.
“No-no just an interesting prophecy… I’ll call a meeting to discuss things” and he trotted off.
It took about an hour for all of the cabin leaders (is this right?) to come in and quiet down.
“Hey dufeses! SHUT UP” Yelled Clarisse, and surprisingly everyone did.
“Lauren has received a quest to go gain intelligence on the enemy and rescue one of her captives, Lauren, the prophecy if you will.”
I stood up and recited the words I had burned into my mind, I’ll admit they scared me a little. Words have power, there’s no denying it.
“Ok, so first line, pretty strait forward, you start your quest after June 28” I looked over to Percy, guessing that it was his voice, but he had his hands laced with Annabeth’s and was staring into her eyes, lost. Turns out the mystery voice was David; he had come even if he wasn’t head of Athena.
“Yea but why after the 28, and not before. Prophecies usually give deadlines, not starting times” I said
“Who knows, you’ll have to figure it out on your own as the quest goes along. You can take two people with you, preferably chosen by tomorrow” Chiron said ,cutting me off. I pouted, we didn’t get to discuss the most important part “the ground” That could only mean one thing, Gaea. I just sat there, thinking until Chiron told me it was time for dinner. The prophecy had scared me more than I thought, I had wasted a whole day just thinking about it.
I walked into the dinning pavilion and sat next to Lily
“Hey Lily, you have fun today” I asked, not really paying attention, I was to focused on David, the way he walked, stumbling a little, it was too cute! Lilly said something, but like I said, I wasn’t really listening
“A-huh, cool” I said, stilled zoned out
“You’re not listening” Lily said, in that cute voice kids save just for getting what they want, and trust me If you had a little sister, you would know what I mean.
“That’s so not true” I defended, hoping she wouldn’t “quiz” me like she usually does
“Then what was I saying?” silence “I thought so, you were too busy staring at David”
“Fine I wasn’t listening, but, there are sometimes more important things” I said, knowing I won this “fight” if it’s even big enough to call it that.
I went to the campfire, which I rarely do, I liked watching spells jet out of my wand at night, it looked like fireworks, but I felt, something, like if I didn’t come I would miss something big. Everything looked normal, campers were singing, the fire was nearly 40 feet tall, and Annabeth was snuggled against Percy. Nothing seemed weird, so I went to bed.
I woke up feeling refreshed, but there was something wrong, I could sense it in the air. I went to breakfast, and looked over at the Athena cabin like I always did, but I didn’t see Annabeth, not that she was who I was looking for. I went up to David.
“Hey Dav, where’s Annabeth?” I asked
“Cabin 3” He said, glumly, in fact the whole place looked sad, like it was a funeral rather than breakfast.
“Ohhh I see” I said smiling
“No it’s not that, she’s a little- um distraught, I think you should go see her, you can always calm her down” David said. It was true, we had grown up together, but I just couldn’t see why she would be sad in PERCY’S cabin. I ran off. When I got to cabin 3, I heard the sobs, not even bothering to knock I came in, to see Annabeth curled up on Percy’s bed, with trash and clothes and whatever Percy kept in here scattered around the floor
“You okay Annabeth? I heard you were, well upset” I asked, concerned
She shook “Percy’s g-gggone”
I rushed to her side “Oh come on I’m sure he wouldn’t leave without you, you’re joined at the waist”
“That’s the problem, I don’t think he left, willingly” She said sitting up “Stolen, taken by the enemy, but why? We already fought” She started shaking again
“Calm down Annabeth, we’ll find him, but until then, lighten up, I know Percy would die it he saw you like this” she stopped crying, but still didn’t move. I left to go grab her some breakfast, and returned, to see Annabeth attempting to tidy up Percy’s cabin. I smiled
“See that’s the spirit, c’mon it can’t be healthy to starve yourself, eat up!” and we both dug in. I’m pretty sure Annabeth didn’t leave cabin 3 all day, and guessed that if a came in she would be crying, but she needed her space. It was just like last time, during the war. You couldn’t tell anything was wrong, unless you looked at the campers. The whole camp felt like a funeral, there was this depressing vibe that made it hard to smile. All anyone did now was train; maybe talk a little, but even the Aphrodite cabin didn’t throw as many parties. I needed to get away, again. I leaked a false trail of searching for Percy, which was what over half of camp was doing and went to Fort Rome. I entered the camp to feel the same vibe, there was something wrong here too. Failing to find Jason, I went to look for Reyna, only to find her in the same state as Annabeth. She looked like a zombie, and I didn’t even have to ask what was wrong: Jason was missing. And I had to leave tomorrow.
*****************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­**
Ahhhhh! Cliff hanger!!! (at least I think so)

OMG I can’t believe were already at chapter 9!

Chapter 9
I fight a rock

So I didn’t get away from the sadness like I wanted to, and I didn’t “find” Percy, but I found out that something was wrong, very, very wrong, but I had bigger things to think about, like the quest. I had to pick who to go with me still, though Chiron told me I should choose the day after, I didn’t and now I only had a couple hours to pick. Not that it was hard. The hard part was telling them. I took a deep breath, and walked into the Athena cabin, hoping there wouldn’t be too many people up and about, but, of course there was. It took a while to find him, but finally I did.
“Hey um Dav would you consider” I started
“Going on the quest with you?” He finished. I sat there; bewildered that he had finished my sentence. “Been waiting for you to ask.”
“Oh, so is that a yes?” He looked at me, and gave me a duh look. “See you tomorrow, and yes you do have to get up at five” I said before he could complain. Well, that went easier than planned. Now I had to ask Zoey. I hoped I would find her quick, before Nico did. He’s had a crush on me for a while, and if he asked I wanted to be able to tell him I already asked someone, not that I didn’t want him to come. Luckily, I was lucky for once and found Zoey.
“Feel like goin’ up north and sleeping on the ground with me” I asked, trying to make my invitation casual. She froze.
“Me? I’m so new, well not really, but according to everyone else I am, I mean I only have what? One bead?”
“So, I want you to come, pleeeeeease?” I asked, partially whining
“Fine, fine if that’s what you want”

“Thanks a ton Zoe! See you tomorrow” And I left, trying to think of where we might find Gaea, studying the ground as I walked. I felt a warm breeze, and my mom appeared before me. I was stunned, Olympus was closed, and well no one heard from the gods now.
“Mom? What brings you here, I thought, well you weren’t supposed to-“
“What I am or am not supposed to do is of lesser importance right now.” She snapped “You need information, information that I can provide. Now don’t ask why she’s there, I don’t know, but Gaea is hiding underground. It’s in a hollow where the labyrinth used to be near the kingdom of Boreads and Khione. That’s where you will find your little friend and Gaea.”
“Ευχαριστούμε (thank you) so, so much. This quest would NOT work if I didn’t even know where we were going!” I yelled
“Now remember, I was never here” and she faded away, and just as quickly as she had come, Hecate was gone. I nearly collapsed into bed, and all too early, my alarm went off. I quickly stuffed some ambrosia in a little baggie, and poured some nectar into a canteen. I threw them both in along with a sleeping bag, tent, heater, several packets of dried food, and a wad of cash into a bag. I then shrunk that bag and stuffed it in my pocket. Making sure I had everything I needed (ring, anklet, wand, drachmas and bag) I left for Thalia’s Pine tree and waited for my fellow quest members to hike up, and we’d begin. It took them ten minutes more to get there, and even though I knew I shouldn’t be, I was way past impatient, and getting close to pissed off. If you can’t tell, I’m a bit, well, impatient.
Zoey beamed up at me as she hiked up the freakishly tall and steep hill that was camp half blood. David was a little less enthusiastic, apparently he didn’t enjoy waking up before the sun, er Apollo I guess. He stared at Argus for a second before looking t me
“Where’s your bag?” He asked. I slipped it out of my pocket “Lucky” He muttered
“I can shrink yours if you want” I offered
“Actually, that would be perfect” Zoey interjected, and suddenly both bags were the size of pennies. I smiled along with both of them. Argus drove us into Manhattan, and dropped us off. Then we were alone.
“Now what?” I said. Zoey looked at me
“Well can’t you just poof us where we need to go”
“Nah, Gaea’s got some precautions up, plus ‘pooffing’ attracts monsters, so I will only do that in emergencies.”
“Well let’s try to catch a bus, I don’t feel like walking some 500 miles before dawn” David said
“Good plan, I think there’s an information desk over there somewhere” I said. The three of us walked over to the information desk and took a map of the bus routes.
“Damn it! The farthest north these busses go is Troy, ironic huh?” David remarked
“It’ll have to do, I’m sure we’ll pick up a monster or two before we get there anyways.” Zoey said
“You do understand we’ll be walking for most of this” I said
“Yea” David said, pouting. We walked over to the bus, and I took out ten bucks to pay for the bus ride, not that I expected to spend all of it. I spotted something under my feet, it was a manhole cover, painted a rusty brown, but the paint was flecking off, and there was gold underneath it
“Whoa guys, look at this” I showed them the manhole cover, and we started peeling off the paint. It was solid gold, with a Greek Theta on it and a griffin.
“Uh oh” Zoey said, she was starring at a church. It had two griffins out in front, except they weren’t statues anymore.
“Oh Crap” I said. I squeezed my ring, as Zoey and David took out their weapons (Zoey uses bow and arrow as well as a spear and David uses a sword) We prepared ourselves for an attack. It all happened so fast. The first one lunged at me, and I tried to hit it, but it was too dang fast. I kept swinging hoping to finally land a blow, but the griffin wouldn’t let me. I pretended to be hurt and tired. When the griffin moved in for the kill, I lunged and stabbed it. I looked over to see how Zoey and David were doing, but all I could see was a giant rock, moving back to the church. And David crouched over Zoey. I ran over to them.
“She okay?” I asked
“I don’t know, she took a hit and the griffon gave her this gash on her head” David said.
“Yeah that’s not good” I said taking out my nectar. I poured it on her head, praying to Apollo. “Please” I whispered
Jesse’s POV

I was getting the hang of this. Gaea had gotten me this wicked awesome stygian iron sword and had me training with her day after day. The more she told me about how evil the gods were, the more sorry I felt for her. She had fought for her kids; there was nothing wrong with that. It was the gods who were evil, they were the ones who should be tossed into Tartarus. I would personally see that they would. Gaea said she would let me pick any god I wanted and that would be the one I could slice into a million pieces. I chose Hera. We were able to capture her, again might I add. And when those three little pathetic demigods and their cute little quest were dead, I would get her. That giant would just have to wait for his bride, maybe he could have one piece to marry. I laughed at the thought.

I had some spare time, so Gaea asked me to recruit some more monsters. Right now, we were working on getting the telekines back on our side. They would be awesome in a fight, and with so many of them, we would be hard to beat. Not that anyone could beat Gaea anyways. After that, I trained, and trained, and trained until I couldn’t anymore, then I trained again. Gaea said it would strengthen me. She worked me hard, but it worked, I was getting stronger, and she said something about a reward with the Styx if I kept it up. I didn’t really know what the Styx was, but if it was a prize it had to be good.

I prayed to my mom though, begging her to join us. Even if she abandoned me, I didn’t want her dead. But as all the gods were, she was locked up on Olympus and wouldn’t talk to anyone. But that’s beside the point I had to thank her, for my glove. It contained and apple, a golden apple that caused chaos whenever and whatever I wanted. Natural disasters, fires, fights, it all happened to my asking. That’s something worth thanking for. But I never could. I went into the arena, and sparred with the other demigods here. I won every time, of course, but I still needed practice. Especially if I were to beat those kids at Camp-Half Blood. They were pretty good, and they knew how to fight a war. Especially that Percy Jackson kid. Not that he’d be a problem. We had Hera take care of that. Yes sir, Camp Half Blood will defiantly be, at a loss for a while. Not that I cared. The more distraught they were the easier winning would be. Not that winning in general would be hard.

YAY u get lots of chapies... and pictures!
 OMG guys... I'm soooooooooooooooooo so so sorry I didn't post sooner, I've just been rlly busy lately
Thanks to you, Penguin, you spoiled some parts of "The Lost Hero" for me. :P
crying
omg!!! I'm so so soooo sorry!!! I feel so bad... now that i think about it, u shood probably read TLH b4 this... I dont wanna give anythin else away... I'm sooo srry!!!
Well, the good thing is (and bad thing) I just finished it today. It was awesome! Also, (this may sound pathetic) are reading my series? I'd like to know!
Oh, and really REALLY cool chapter!
yes i am reading ur fanfic... trust me u dont sound pathetic... I posted a question on like five diff clubs beggin ppl to read this. THAT'S pathetic, but anyways
sorry i havent posted in a while I am suffereing from writters block but luckiy I had a thought explosion last nght and i am now on chapter 12... I may/may not post for a while casue i hav to take this aweful thing called the MCAS which in short is a test designed to torture the students... whish me luck! BUt all of this is besides the point... hope you enjoy chapter 10 (i can't belive we're already so far in!?!?)

Chapter 10

I Try to Break a Sleeping Spell
Lauren’s POV

The bus came and Zoey was still unconscious. We had given her all the ambrosia and nectar we could, and maybe even a little more, she felt hot. I made a small sacrifice to Apollo, praying that she would be okay. I talked to David a little, but we were both too worried to talk much.
“She’ll be okay, I know so” I said. He just shrugged. I hated seeing him like this. Please Zoey, please be okay. I kept playing that silent plea to her, hoping I would see her vibrant blue eyes again.
*****************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­*
Zoey’s POV, before her KO

I was fighting great, but then I tripped. Nothing big, just a little stumble, but it was enough to give the griffin time to take a swipe at my head. I felt the impact, and gods did it HURT. I fell to the ground, hearing David scream my name again and again, as little black pearls filled my head until I couldn’t see anymore. I didn’t dream, I didn’t move, I’m not even sure if I was breathing at the time. All I knew was that where ever I was was hot. I needed a fan or something. I heard the rumble of a bus and felt like I was moving, but I wasn’t too sure. I tried to open my eyes, but it wouldn’t work. I was weak enough that the little black spots filled my head again, and after that, who knows?
The next time I gained slight consciousness I think I was in a tent. I heard rustling, and then a zipper, but my freakin eyes wouldn’t work. I tried moving my legs, nothing, my mouth, I think I might have smiled but that was it. I felt someone shove a spoon in my mouth, feeding me ambrosia. I felt a surge of strength, like when you’re running and no matter how tired you are you run faster than ever to the finishing line. I tried my eyes again, and they worked! I was in a tent after all, it was orange, which surprised me; Lauren hates orange more than anything. Just to prove the fact, she tie-dyed all of her camp shirts. I saw a pair of worried gray eyes fill with relief
“Zoey?”
I smiled “Yup” My voice was no more than a squeak, but it was good enough for David. He hugged me tight.
“Don’t you dare scare me again like that, or you might not wake up” I suppressed a laugh; it was good to be back.
“We’re just outside the border of New York now. Caught the attention of a couple monsters before we even got off the bus, but we’re not quite sure what they were. Lauren had to poof us out, and now we’re here. Oh Zeus, Lauren. We have to tell her, she’s been worried sick. Can you walk?”
“Yeah” He helped me out of the tent, and Lauren was standing by a fire, drawing little hearts in smoke with her wand. She grinned when she saw me, and suddenly David wasn’t the only one suffocating me.
“Can’t breathe,” I managed to wheeze out
“Sorry” said Lauren, her hands in surrender, “but you had me scared half to death!” And then for another half second I couldn’t breathe again.
“You hungry, just made some chicken” She asked
“That would be great” David said, and he helped me to the logs that were settled around the fire. I felt like I was at camp again, except it was just me and my two closest friends.
I woke up well rested, fully recovered from my sleeping episode. I will never forget the powers of a griffin again. It had knocked me out for a day and a half. I went out to the fire to find that the tent was now a lush shade of green. What did I tell ya? Lauren can’t stand orange.
We had just finished putting out the fire when Lauren magically shrunk all of our stuff and slipped it into her pocket.
“You sure you’re up for this?” She asked
“Course, let’s go kick some monster butt!” I yelled
“In the morning, then we can kick ass” David said. “But for now, let’s dig in!”
*****************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­*
This is completely irrelevant to the story, but I feel you need to know a bit of background on the Characters.(this is the night before, kind of like a dream) sorry about the timing it just worked out that way.

David’s POV
~Flash-Back~
I stared down at my bed. It had scratchy wool covers that were a dirty dull gray. It looked just like al of the other beds in the orphanage. I knew I didn’t belong here, but my dad didn’t want me. The day he left was just as vivid as any other memory. He said I caused too much trouble, but that just wasn’t it, I didn’t cause trouble, I just got caught in the middle of it. All. The. Time. He left me here, without a backwards glance. I wasn’t an orphan, I wasn’t. I had to tell myself that every stinkin’ minute of my miserable life to keep myself sane. Some days, I just lost it and had to keep well away from everyone else to avoid any “ “physical violence” as the teachers said. I kept to myself most of the time; no one really liked me anyways. I would go to sleep each night to have the same dream, though some might call it a nightmare. I would be running in a long, door less, black hallway. I would always get so close to the end only to wake up. As I was running, I would hear voices; sometimes they were of my mother, sometimes of terrible, but mythical monsters. But I never stayed asleep long enough to see the end. I don’t belong here. I don’t belong anywhere. That’s what I told myself. One day this… woman, if you can even call her that, came in. She said she had longed for a son, but failed “to produce one of her own”. I just sulked. What were the odds that she’s want the demented kid with ADHD and dyslexia? Apparently they were large.

She walked down the narrow spaces between the beds, searching for the perfect boy. And then she saw me, and smiled. I left the orphanage that day, and spent the whole time I was with that thing wishing I never did. The only good thing about that thing was Zoey. Two weeks later she “adopted” another child, though I fear she was really kidnapped. Me and Zoey became awfully close. One day, my “mother” said that she was going to bring us to her mistress, and we would have a chance to use our true powers. I remember Zoey sucking in her breath, like that was the worst ting imaginable. That night, we ran away. Zoey told me myths of the Greek gods and goddesses, and how they were real, and after us. We roamed the country-side for 6 months, searching for this place that was safe for us. Each day seemed like years, and I was hardly any good when we were attacked. I prayed to the gods each night, that I would wake up n the morning. We finally found what we were looking for: Camp Half-Blood. I was happy here, it was my first ever true home. But I longed to leave. I wanted to test my skills. And that’s exactly what I got.
~End of Flash-Back~
I opened my eyes to see Lauren snuggled up against me for warmth. I pulled her in closer and fell asleep, a smile on my face
*****************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­
This is David at the orphanage:
 yes i am lire ur fanfic... trust me u dont sound pathetic... I posté a question on like five diff
Oh my god, the flashback was so creepy and cool at the same time!
hooray for flashbacks!!!
blush
so I survived the MCAS and all so I'm gonna post in celebration!!! *DAnces to musice for 5 sceonds* but seriously, nvm there's no sirriusness to this, enjoy the book but dont cry too much...jk this wont make u cry, not yet at least (jk) sorry its late, im just crazed with hw rite now soo ya, enjoy!

Chapter 12

I receive a deadly gift
Lauren’s POV

I woke up to the sound of grunting. Carefully, I unzipped the door, looking to see what made the noise.
“Hello?” I asked. The trees behind the tent rustled and I jumped, startled.
“Hello?” I asked again. A twig snapped, behind me again. It, whatever it was, was circling me. The wind picked up and surrounded the camp sight, slowly closing in on me. I tried to get past the winds, but they were too strong. The winds closed in and something sharp hit my head and I tumbled down, helpless. I woke up in a dark room, what appeared to be a cell or dungeon. I ran from end to end more times than I could count, trying to find some way to escape. I heard a door open, and then footsteps. At first I thought I should pretend to be asleep still, but decided against it.
“Bout time you woke” A voice spoke it was harsh and cruel. I didn’t answer. “Awww is the poor little quest leader scared?” I just balled my hands into fists “Well I’ve got a little surprise for you” again silence. “You’re to come with me.” So with me knees bound together, my hands behind my back, and a sword and my throat, I left the dungeon. He left me in a small room, bound so tightly I was losing feeling almost everywhere. In fact, I think I was losing conciseness. There was this weird smell in the room and every time I breathed in, I felt more and more light-headed. I swayed a little and tumbled to the floor
Jesse’s POV

I was in charge when the mistress wasn’t here. Of course she was the one to propose the idea of taking Lauren. We had here now, bound and drugged. I was going to get the necklace that was specially made for her. My mistress put a little of her power in it, just enough to keep Lauren easy to control if you will. After she was asleep, I slipped it around her neck and untied her. After I made sure the room was secure in case the necklace didn’t work, I left the room again. Waiting for Lauren to wake up took forever, I knew those idiots had put too much in the room, but it was well worth it.
She woke, and just stayed there, staring right in front of her with unfocused eyes. I came into the room.
“Hello” I said. She didn’t move, just as we had hoped. “Stand up” I ordered, and she did. I grinned, perfect. Lauren was in a kind of hypnotic state, she had no will, no memories, all she did was listen to my voice. I told her to hide her necklace and then activated part two.
“I want you to return to your little camp sight, as if nothing has happened. Assure your little “buddies” that you are okay, then capture them, and bring them back here.” She just stood there, with the same unfocussed look in her eyes “Well go! We don’t have all day!” I yelled. And she rushed out, perfect.
David’s POV

I woke up around nine, which surprised me, Lauren never let me sleep past seven. I go up and started a fire for breakfast. Zoey was already up.
“Hey” I said
She looked at me “Lauren still asleep?”
I shrugged “I’ll go get her” I entered the tent, to see Lauren laying there, perfectly strait, which was a weird way to sleep, but no big deal. I approached her, hoping she wouldn’t kill me for waking her up.
“Hey, time to get up sleepy head” I said, throwing a pillow at her
She sat up, almost mechanically “Sorry” she said in a flat tone.
“You okay, you look kind of out of it” I asked, concerned
“Yes, yes I am fine” She said, in the same dreary tone, it sent shivers up my spine. I saw a glint of silver, like a necklace or something, but Lauren only wore her camp necklace.
“What’s that?” I asked, reaching for her shirt collar.
“Nothing!” And she flew her hand up to it, as if protecting it was her life’s ambition. I flew my arms up in defense.
“Sorry! I just thought I was pretty. What is that a picture of?” She just shrugged. It was pretty, but the picture alarmed me. It was what I thought to be Gaea’s symbol. I exited the tent and sat next to Zoey
“Ever heard of Gaea handing out necklaces” I asked in a whisper
“The only time I’ve heard of that is when she uses possession to get something out of reach” She said in a muffled pitch “Why?”
“Cause Laurens got one” I replied.
Zoey dropped her plate “We have to get it off”
“I tried, but she’s a bit protective of it”
Zoey cursed under her breath “You understand that she’s going to capture us and bring us to her ‘superiors’ and get us all killed. It’s not like we can take her in a fight” I nodded.
“Bit of a pickle we’re in”
“Sure are” Zoey replied
We kept talking, thinking of different plans to get it off without killing us or her in the process.
“I got it” Zoey said. I looked at her giving her a go-on look “When we were walking, Lauren told me to watch my step because we were passing over these plants, if they got onto your skin or in your body, they would knock you out.”
“So?”
“So we can put a little on Lauren’s breakfast and when she’s snoring we take it off”
“Might just work” I said
“You cover for me while I get some okay?” I nodded
She went behind the tent and grew some with her Demeter powers and came back asking for Lauren’s plate. I gave it to her and she left again. I waited for what seemed like forever, really it was only five minutes, but if you count that in ADHD years, it’s like five years. She came back with Laurens food, holding her breath so she wouldn’t be affected. She gave it to Lauren, and she looked at it skeptically.
“I’m not that hungry” She said, pushing the plate away
“But we have a big day in front of us, best if you eat up” Zoey said, pushing the plate back
“I guess you’re right, but you must be hungry too, why don’t we share it” Lauren said. Zoey gulped, and carefully selected a place to eat “No no no, it’s much better here” and Lauren redirected Zoey’s hand to a different spot. I watched in horror as Zoey brought the food to her mouth.
 so I survived the MCAS and all so I'm gonna post in celebration!!! *DAnces to musice for 5 sceonds* b
OMG! WTF! BBQ! So much going on, and so little chapters, @*$%#*&$!*%&*$#
crying
Jesse's a bastard! How dare he do that to Lauren!!!
Lauren's my favorite character and now she's all hypnotized thanks to Gaea and Jesse. Damn you Jesse! DAMN YOOOOOOOOOOOOU!
(BTW cool chapter.)
HAHAHA!!! the plan is all coming together, Lauren and her little friends will fall by Jesse's blade and soon Camp Half-Blood along with Olympus will be no more!!! (it's good to be bad)
heart
HEY! don't fall for red herrirngs (false clues) without reading between the lines, i have some thing planned that'll... well you'll just have to read wait and see. ANyways, i cant believe this!!! Caought in the middle has been veiwed 1125 times, making it the seond most popular forum, thatnk you guys so much i never imagined this story could be so popular!! Love you all (in a friendish/fanish way)

Chapter 13

I Discover a Worrisome Plan
Zoey’s POV

Lauren may not know what she’s doing, but she is darn smart. I pretended that I was going to eat the food, and as she was watching me I shoved the fork in her mouth. She gave me a you’re dead look, but her expression went fuzzy and she fell down, snoring just as I had promised. I didn’t waste any time. I rushed over to her side and tried to pull off the necklace but it shocked me.
“Damn it!” I yelled, cradling my hand. It had lost all feeling and I don’t think I could have moved it if I wanted to. “David, gettover here!” I yelled
“What?”
“It shocked me; you have to take it off, but don’t touch the metal”
“How am I supposed to do that?” He shouted
“Use your sword”
“All right all right” he said, putting a little sarcasm into his voice.
He pulled out his sword, which he still hadn’t named yet, even after however many months he’s had it, and slashed the chain. Rather than the necklace just falling off, it completely shattered and turned into golden dust, much like monsters did. Lauren gasped for air and sat up quickly.
“Winds” She yelled.
“Slow down there partner, you’re okay” I assured her
“But but the winds and an the the dungeon. OW” She said squeezing her temples.
“You’re okay now champ” David said, placing one arm on her shoulders
“No I don’t think I am, I was going to kill you guys” She cried, and started sobbing, completely ruining David’s jacket. I rubbed my hand along her arm. Up and down and up and down, until the river ran dry and she regained control of herself
I gave her a weak smile “it’ll be okay, no one blames you, it’s not like Gaea wasn’t going to try anything on us, she just tried out a new invention rather than killing us.
“I know but, they had hundreds of those things. Hundreds. Don’t you realize what they’re planning?” I shook my head “They aren’t going to turn demigods bad or kill them; they’re going to force demigods one way or another.”
I gulped, and David froze all together. “Bad” I said “Very, very bad.”
Don’t bug me too much about it being short, I know that… but I hope you like it
Also I'll post tomarrow since this was so short, sorry bout that. (and i hope you don't think i resolved the problem too quick, but theres a bigger one on the horison)
big smile
Yay! Finally, a new chapter!
il y a plus d’un an cookiemonster90 said…
big smile
ITS FANTANSTIC!!:D i cant wait till you post again:D
surprise
Just like i promised a chapter today!!! Yay! I can keep promises. I just had a maple candy soooo im like really hyper, if uve never had one you NEED to. It's like edible heven. No joke. ANyways, hope yall (yes i can b southern) like it!!!!

Chapter 14

I enter the Dirt Arch of Doom
Lauren’s POV

I had a major headache for the rest of the day. And when I say major I mean like worse than a Hemorrhage, which from what I’ve heard is like living hell, so I think you get the point. Thank gods, David suggested we take the day off and move in tomorrow. Not only did it give us more time, but no one could fight with well, my situation.
“Feeling better yet?” David asked as he shoved yet another spoonful of nectar into my mouth.
“A bit” I said pushing the spoon away “But I’ve had so much already, are you trying to make me explode?”
He laughed “That’s the plan” And he shoved one last spoonful in before leading me outside the tent.
I was dusk now. The last of the sunset still loomed in the sky, giving it a dark purple tinge, the same color on the walls of my cabin. I hadn’t realized that me and David had started strolling away from the camp. Leaving Zoey standing by the fire alone, with a half smiling, half worried look on her face. We sat down on a cliff, gazing up at the stars.
“There’s Orion’s belt” I said pointing up at the stars. He squinted his eyes, trying to make it out, but quickly gave up when he almost fell off the cliff. I laughed. “Beautiful night isn’t it” I said
He looked at me “I know something that’s prettier,”
I looked at him, slightly tilting my head, like a confused dog. He leaned in, almost as if to. No. I wouldn’t think that. David was my friend, not my… No. But he kept leaning in closer and closer, and I found myself doing the same. Our lips met. It was better than… than… anything I had ever done. We stayed like that for what seemed like forever. But, all too soon, he pulled away. I stared at him. I wasn’t sure whether to feel excited or anger, or even if I should be thrilled, he was amazing. The truth is, I was over joyed.
David’s POV

I kissed her! Me, the lame-o newbie kissed the beautiful Lauran Pan. I was stunned. I couldn’t move, maybe Lauren was working some kind of mind control of her own. All I could do was smile and gaze up at the stars.
“We probably get back, Zoey will round up some plants and send out a search party.” Lauren said, a bit of sadness in her voice. I didn’t want to leave, but I knew I had to, Lauren was right Zoey was probably dead mad as is. We walked back in silence. Lauren shivered, gods I wished I had enough sense to bring a coat. We got back to the camp site, so see a full blown fire, with a perfectly happy looking Zoey in front of it, a grin plastered on her face.
“I’m going to bed, big day tomorrow, need my sleep” I said, I could tell Zoey was dying to burry Lauren in questions, but I didn’t care, I was still walking on clouds, and from what I could tell, she was too. That was enough for me. I zipped up the tent, but curiosity got the best of me and I listened in. They were murmuring, but it was just barley loud enough if I focused really, really hard I could hear them.
“You what!?!” I heard Zoey exclaim
“I told what five times already, we kissed.” Pause “You’re mad aren’t you”
“No it’s just that… I don’t know. I was surprised kay!” Pause “Sooo how was it” Pause “You know what I mean, did you like it”
“Oh shut up Zoe! You know very well what the answer is”
“I still had to ask”
“Whatever, I’m awfully tired, I’m gonna hit the sack”
“Good idea”
Crap. I lunged over to my sleeping bag and fake-sleeped the best I could, which, unfortunately, wasn’t very good. I felt a pillow hit my leg
“You’re a really REALLY bad faker Dav” I just smirked and fell back down, pretending to pass out again. The pillow just hit me again, harder this time. I looked up to see Zoey’s smirking face
“That’s for listening in” She said. I shrugged, and for the last time, collapsed on the spot. I woke up feeling well rested. Lauren and Zoey were already up, and waiting for me. Lauren was perched over a caldron, murmuring in Latin. I looked over at the campfire to see a teenager with bleach-blond hair and from what Lauren’s said I assumed that it was Jesse. I pulled out my sword, which I had finally named. Καταιγίδα (katesheva) which is storm, just like my eyes. I pointed it at his throat.
“Whoa, no dude, it’s me Zoey”
“Yeah sure” I said
“She’s telling the truth, I transform her so we could get in. You and me’ll be prisoners” I nodded, though not totally reassured.
“Now suck it up it’s your turn” I closed my eyes, expecting pain.
“diversis” I heard Lauren murmur, in Latin (AGAIN) I braced myself for pain, but instead I felt a warm tingling sensation. My whole body went numb and then I felt normal again. I opened my eyes to see Lauren smiling. “Perfect”
“Well okay, let’s go” My voice startled me; it was much deeper, even spooky for some people. I looked at Lauren skeptically. She just grinned. I grabbed her arm, linking mine with Jesse’s er Zoey’s or whoever s/he was and Lauren dissipated. We appeared in front of a big, dirt archway. I gulped. There were dirt stares that led deep into the ground. I was a little skeptical to go down but Jesse/Zoey gave me an encouraging look. I leaned down and kissed Lauren on the check.
I sucked in a breath “We’ll be okay” I promised her, but I wasn’t completely sure that was a promise I could keep. All in one, we stepped in, and descended down the stairs, without a glance back. It was the biggest mistake I had ever made
OMGs! they kissed that was almost as good as the percabeth kiss!!!
big smile
I totally agree with darkling_menace. It was awesome!
mischievous
Penguin, do you think you can make a new chapter every other day? I do that, so you should too!
PS I refreshed this page a lot of times so you could have the most viewed forum. You totally deserve it! :)
heart
Awww...

darkling_menace... that made my day, you have no idea how much i love that you said that
@brittanyloves... that's so sweet, you know you didn't have to do that with the view, but it touches me that you love the story so much

ANyways, sorry i haven't posted in a while. I've been suffering major writters block while i was writting so the chapters were crappy and i had to revise the hell out of them, so i hope you like it!

Also, before we begin this chapter, we need to have a talk. *pats seat next to mine* It’s about heroes. You’ve gotten used to Percy Jackson, where everything turns out okay. In real life, hero’s lives aren’t like that. They’re hard, and most of the time they don’t turn out okay, ending in violent deaths. Ever heard the story of Theseus? His dad dies. That’s what a heroes’ life is like. You may not like it, but somehow, it turns out ok. I beg you, don’t hate me.

Chapter 15

Anger and Tears
Lauren’s POV

It was creepy down here. Everything was dirt, all muddy and… dirty. The passage ways were all twisty, and with every turn we made I sucked in my breath hoping there wouldn’t be anyone on the other side. My biggest fear was meeting Jesse, the real one, and well, I tried not to think of what would happen if he did find us. I heard voices up ahead and stopped dead in my tracks.
“Zoey!” I hissed
“What?”
“Somethin’ wrong” David asked
“I think there’s someone coming, and not just someone-“
“Jesse” Zoey finished for me. I just nodded
“So what now” David asked. I thought for a second.
“Spell” I pulled out my wand, and pointing it at Zoey I whispered “maneant” and Zoey disappeared. I did the same to David and me, with just seconds to spare. Jesse turned the corner. I held my breath. Don’t find them. Don’t find them. Find me if you must, but not them. Then the worst possible thing happened. I sneezed. Jesse stopped abruptly. Oh shit I thought.
“Who’s there” He asked. No reply “I asked who was there!” He said again, more forcefully. He walked forward two steps and hit an invisible wall. Run! I screamed in my head, don’t let them get you! But it was too late. Jesse was quick and he grabbed the wall by its arm. He had an evil grin on his face.
“Thought you’d drop in?” He asked, what appeared to be nothing. He dragged it off. I just wish I knew which it was taken.
“Hello?” I heard a voice, barley audible
“Yeah?” I answered back
“Which one are you?”
“Lauren, you?”
“Zoey” They got David. I wanted to collapse. They were going to kill him, there was no doubt about it.
“Grab my arm Zoe, we’re gonna go for a ride.” I heard some shuffling. “Follow my voice” more shuffling, then there was a tight grasp on my arm. I dissipated, begging to be taken to the place David was. We appeared in a cell, much like the one I had been in a few days ago.
“Who’s there” A voice asked
“Depends who are you” I asked
“You really came?” I heard feet and then an invisible force grabbed me and Zoey, suffocating us.
“You know something that’s quite important” Zoey mumbled “Air.”
“Sorry” I took out my wand and un-invisibled all of us. David was beaming, same as Zoey. Me? I was quite interested in my shoes at the moment.
“Well let’s not waste time, let’s get out of here.” I grabbed them and I dissipated, or at least I tried. It didn’t work. They must have protected it in some way. Spells can get in but not out. I learned that when I tried to get David’s sword, which they had taken when they found him, though I’m not quite sure how.
“Now what?” Zoey asked “We can’t just wait for them to come.” I nodded, but in my gut I knew I was right, there was no way out waiting was exactly what we’d have to do. I re-invisibled all of us and we waited. It. Was. Terrible. Painful even, knowing that when they come back, death would be on their minds. I hated every second of it. I was planning to shove David out of the way when they came, let them kill me instead, but David had made sure I stayed with Zoey on the other side of the cell. It was torture. Waiting for your best friend to die isn’t a picnic in the park. I just sat there, my arms crossed my face cold as stone. I think Zoey was crying a bit but she quickly stopped when I looked over at her. Then a light flooded the room and an arm came in, it was dirt with leaves on it. Gaea. It searched the floor for an invisible thing that was David. I held my breath, and the arm found him and pulled him out. There was a sickening crunch and a yelp. I knew it was over, that he was gone. I waited for them to leave for the sobs to start. We just sat there, Zoey and me and cried. He was like a brother to her, and more than that to me, I wanted to die. My eyes ran dry and Zoey’s did the same. We sat there in silence.
“We have to move. Can’t just stay here the rest of our lives” Zoey finally managed to say
“Why not” I groaned
“They’ll come back” Zoey tried.
“Fine” I said. I tried dissipating but it still wouldn’t work, so we had to set out on foot. We didn’t talk much, but we did end up getting lost. We wondered aimlessly for hours. I prayed we wouldn’t meet anyone else, but the stupid gods didn’t seem to be in a very helpful mood. We herd whispers up ahead.
“I know that Roy but we can’t just leave”
“We have to you saw what they did, this isn’t right” Said another voice, I assumed it was Roy
“Fine I’ll go get Kate” I knew that voice, it was Jesse’s and he was come our way
I looked at Zoey, well I think I did, and whispered to her to take out her spear. I got mist. We charged him. Stupid Jesse thought he could walk around Gaea’s hideout without a weapon. He surrendered the second mist cut him. I un-invisibled me, but left Zoey hiding, in case he tried something. He stared at me for a second, almost like he was giving me pity. His eyes were red. Either he’d slept really bad or he’d been crying.
“What’s ammater with you” I shouted quietly, and yes it’s possible. “You have no reason to cry. You son of a bitch!”
He squeaked out “Truce”
I looked at him and lowered my knife, but kept it in my hand “Why should I trust you! You are the reason he’s DEAD”
He shook at the last word “I was wrong okay? Gaea, she’s evil. I I heard her planning my death, and I, we. I needed to leave. What she did wasn’t necessary. She should have used a necklace. She tossed me aside and went on with her plan.”
“You still have no reason to live, you’re leaving out of cowardness, not bravery” Zoey shouted, it spooked Jesse so much I think he might have peed his pants, but Zoey remained unseen.
“So what, you think you could run off to Camp Half-Blood and we would just welcome you in? Never”
“I know, but I can’t do this. I can’t. I was going to get Kate, this other half-blood here, and we were going to destroy all of the necklaces. Wanna come?”
I stared at him, giving my best “are-you-freakin-SIRIUS” look, I think he was quite intimidated by it. “Of course you don’t have to, but please?” HA he, the “Grand” Jesse James was afraid of me.
I laughed, but Zoey came up and whispered, “Don’t you want to see them gone?” She was right. So I came with him, invisible of course. We destroyed every single necklace they had. I felt great, but still didn’t make up for the fact that David was gone. I’m sure I would still be crying if my eyes had anything left in them.
“Do you trust them?” I asked Zoey.
“Yeah, I do” Jesse had brought Roy, a son of Kratos (god of strength) and Kate, a daughter of Oizys (the goddess of misery) They seemed like they had left all the evil in the dust, but I still felt like there was something wrong, like the fact that I was in alliance with the boy responsible for my dead boyfriend. Now I knew how Annabeth felt.
angry
DAMN! i hate cliffhangers, and the fact you made Jesse seem weak
hmmm
it's not so much that he's week. Jesse was shoked at Gaea's ruthlessness and it sort of scared him. He tried to be her best soilder, but he was only a tool. Gaea planned to kill himthe whole time, after the trio were out of the way. 1/3 wasn't bad and Jesse had no more use. HE feels terrible about David and feels that he has to make up for it. He's NOT week. Jesse is brave enough to leave the lair, knowing that death awaits him from the ground. It's terrifing, you may not hae noticed but the ground's kinda hard to avoid. SOrry it seemed that way, but Jesse was stil in shok.Maybe he had a past event like that and knows what it feels like *I tink ill do a back story*
yes, a backstory would really help.
blush
I appologize for the crappy backstory, i wrote it on four hours of sleep.... I know i havent posted in a while but my computer was taken away, co i couldnt. I'm SO SO SO SOOO SO sorry, please take this chapter as a peece offering (im deleting backstory)

Chapter 16

I become allies with the enemy
Zoey’s POV

I couldn’t believe what happened. The boy we have risked our butts for turned my brother in without thinking about it. It changed him. I’m not quite sure why, but I honored him for that. Even if it took death to show him his ways were wrong, sick even. I secretly hoped that the gods would bring David back. Though it was unlikely. After every single one of those torturous necklaces we gone we left. I want to say we did it in a calm, orderly fashion, but that would be a lie. We ran like our lives depended on it, which they kind of did. BY the time we got back to the camp site my lungs were on fire, my hair drenched with sweat. I thought I would be used to it, at Fort Rome; they made you run the camp before breakfast. You had to beat a certain time or no food. But I had been at Camp Half-Blood for six months now. I got used to their laid back style.
“You think *gasp* think *gasp* we *gasp* got away *gasp” I asked, pausing every other word to get more air. Jesse was only able to nod. We, and by we I mean Lauren and me, ate what must have been the rest of our food. A feast in tribute to the fallen soldier. Jesse, Kate and Roy would find their own food.
“Are you sure they should come with us?” Lauren asked. I’m pretty sure she was still skeptical of their loyalties.
“If they wanted to attack us they would have already” She considered the fact for a second, and then signaled defeat. I won. We ate in silence. I don’t know where her mind was, but I’m guessing it was right next to mine: David. I missed him already. He was like my second half. He helped us survive for nearly a year. And now he was gone. My eyes finally re-hydrated and the tears began again. We slept in the tent as always, but it wasn’t the same. There was no snoring for one thing, but actually sleeping didn’t feel right either. I woke up dead tired. Every time I closed my eyes I saw the same picture: a leafy arm searching the cell for me. It was horrifying. We cried constantly, but as the tears flowed, my loyalty to Jesse grew. He seemed to be an okay guy. The girl Kate who he’d brought with him was annoying the crap out of me though. She was constantly almost-killing Jesse. Like THAT would get him to like her.
Roy was okay, kinda quiet, but he had a lot to say, he just needed someone that would listen to him. I was that person. HE told me about his life before it got crazy. He thought he had gone nuts since he was seven. He kept seeing monsters. He could tell that his best friend’s baseball bat was really a sword. It freaked me out, I couldn’t imagine how traumatizing that would be to a seven year old. Roy was sort of sweet too, but Gaea had tried her best to smash it out of him. HE showed me his arm one day. It was ninety-three scares on it. Every time he did something wrong or nice, he got one. I felt bad, but my newest wound didn’t allow any room in my heart for pity. It was just pain. Strangely, the child of strength calmed me. You may think this was the strangest thing in the world, but it just sort of clicked. I think it was the fact that we could relate to each other. He had lost a little sister, and he had lines on his arm, and he had a tough time adjusting to the demigod way of life. He was amazing with a javelin. But with him being the demigod of strength, I wasn’t surprised. I kept telling him that once Lauren was back in I, she would teach him.
~a day later two days before Jason, Piper, and Leo get back~
“Feeling better Lauren?” I asked. She still wasn’t talking that much. I understood completely, but I was worried for her. She just shrugged and gave me a so-so symbol with her hand. Like I said, she wasn’t talking.
“Roy wants you to teach him when we get to camp” No reply. “Come on! You have the best boot camp in camp!” It was true. She rounded up ten or so campers and by the end of the summer, they could fight with everything, with both hands. She was amazing.
“Is that it” I heard Kate ask. We left the forest and looked up on a hill with a pine tree on top. Not to mention the dragon around the tree, the golden fleece, and the sound of clanking swords.
“Sure is” I breathed “Welcome home” We walked up the hill, slowly half hoping that we would get to our cabins before being swarmed by campers. But with daughters of Aphrodite, one word could spred around the world before I could even threaten them with my sword. The same sort of thing happened when we stepped foot inside the borders. Suddenly, the whole camp knew we were back and that we had brought back three new demigods. My sister Katie was first to reach us, than came little Lily, about half of the Athena cabin, and of course Nico.
“Did ya have fun” Katie asked. I just shrugged, suddenly appreciating the practice I had gotten from Lauren.
“Hey Zoe? Where’s David?” I turned around to see the worried face of Malcolm. Lauren burst into tears.
“Ask him” I muffled out, pointing to Jesse. So much for keeping that a secret.
“Let’s not jump to conclusions” He said, as about twenty well-trained demigods pulled out their weapons. “It was Gaea not me”
“WHAT!” shouted some camper
“Gaea” Lauren answered “She’s awakening and she-“ Her last words broke off into a sob. Lily came up and patted her on the back and gave her a cute little it’ll be okay look. They headed off to their cabin. I didn’t feel much like answering questions to I returned to my cabin myself
Lauren’s POV

Half way back to the Hecate cabin I stopped.
“Hey Lils? I think I’m gonna go talk to Annabeth” She nodded, even if she was six, she was so smart you’d think she was from Athena. I rushed off to cabin 3, knowing that’s where I’d find her. I came in without knocking
“Annabeth” I asked
“Over here”
I ran over and gave her a weak smile “Back so soon?” She asked
“Yea, and I wanted to tell you that well, I understand your pain. David, he’s not, he’s not gonna come back.” She looked at me, sympathy in her eyes
“Oh Lauren!” And she hugged me
“So what’s been going on at camp?”
“Nothing really, but we did get this weird kid named Jason” I looked at her, suddenly extremely interested, I think she noticed “Anyways, he’s… abnormal. He uses the Roman names a lot, and he has this crazy bar code thing on his arm-“
I broke her off mid sentence “Is he, by any chance, the son of Zeus?”
“Yea, you know him?” I shrugged “ Anyways, he showed up here with like no memory and he went off in a quest and, we haven’t heard from him since”
“Thank the gods” I whispered. She looked at me “Annabeth, I do know Jason. He’s the leader of Fort Rome

ALso I relize i havent one Lauren's wand, so here it is...
 I appologize for the crappy backstory, i wrote it on four hours of sleep.... I know i havent posté i
sad
The back story was excellent! You shouldn't have taken it away.
cake
chapterz chapterz chapterz... don't y'all luv em? I do!! Happy Birthday (to someone in the world) Here's my present!! oh and i acidentally posted the rough draft of chapt 16 so ill post the new one.... srry!

Chapter 16

I become allies with the enemy
Zoey’s POV

I couldn’t believe what happened. The boy we have risked our butts for turned my brother in without thinking about it. It changed him. I’m not quite sure why, but I honored him for that. Even if it took death to show him his ways were wrong, sick even. I secretly hoped that the gods would bring David back. Though it was unlikely. After every single one of those torturous necklaces we gone we left. I want to say we did it in a calm, orderly fashion, but that would be a lie. We ran like our lives depended on it, which they kind of did. BY the time we got back to the camp site my lungs were on fire, my hair drenched with sweat. I thought I would be used to it, at Fort Rome; they made you run the camp before breakfast. You had to beat a certain time or no food. But I had been at Camp Half-Blood for six months now. I got used to their laid back style.
“You think *gasp* think *gasp* we *gasp* got away *gasp” I asked, pausing every other word to get more air. Jesse was only able to nod. We, and by we I mean Lauren and me, ate what must have been the rest of our food. A feast in tribute to the fallen soldier. Jesse, Kate and Roy would find their own food.
“Are you sure they should come with us?” Lauren asked. I’m pretty sure she was still skeptical of their loyalties.
“If they wanted to attack us they would have already” She considered the fact for a second, and then signaled defeat. I won. We ate in silence. I don’t know where her mind was, but I’m guessing it was right next to mine: David. I missed him already. He was like my second half. He helped us survive for nearly a year. And now he was gone. My eyes finally re-hydrated and the tears began again. We slept in the tent as always, but it wasn’t the same. There was no snoring for one thing, but actually sleeping didn’t feel right either. I woke up dead tired. Every time I closed my eyes I saw the same picture: a leafy arm searching the cell for me. It was horrifying. We cried constantly, but as the tears flowed, my loyalty to Jesse grew. He seemed to be an okay guy. The girl Kate who he’d brought with him was annoying the crap out of me though. She was constantly almost-killing Jesse. Like THAT would get him to like her.
Roy was okay, kinda quiet, but he had a lot to say, he just needed someone that would listen to him. I was that person. HE told me about his life before it got crazy. He thought he had gone nuts since he was seven. He kept seeing monsters. He could tell that his best friend’s baseball bat was really a sword. It freaked me out, I couldn’t imagine how traumatizing that would be to a seven year old. Roy was sort of sweet too, but Gaea had tried her best to smash it out of him. HE showed me his arm one day. It was ninety-three scares on it. Every time he did something wrong or nice, he got one. I felt bad, but my newest wound didn’t allow any room in my heart for pity. It was just pain. Strangely, the child of strength calmed me. You may think this was the strangest thing in the world, but it just sort of clicked. I think it was the fact that we could relate to each other. He had lost a little sister, and he had lines on his arm, and he had a tough time adjusting to the demigod way of life. He was amazing with a javelin. But with him being the demigod of strength, I wasn’t surprised. I kept telling him that once Lauren was back in I, she would teach him.
~a day later two days before Jason, Piper, and Leo get back~
“Feeling better Lauren?” I asked. She still wasn’t talking that much. I understood completely, but I was worried for her. She just shrugged and gave me a so-so symbol with her hand. Like I said, she wasn’t talking.
“Roy wants you to teach him when we get to camp” No reply. “Come on! You have the best boot camp in camp!” It was true. She rounded up ten or so campers and by the end of the summer, they could fight with everything, with both hands. She was amazing.
“Is that it” I heard Kate ask. We left the forest and looked up on a hill with a pine tree on top. Not to mention the dragon around the tree, the golden fleece, and the sound of clanking swords.
“Sure is” I breathed “Welcome home” We walked up the hill, slowly half hoping that we would get to our cabins before being swarmed by campers. But with daughters of Aphrodite, one word could spred around the world before I could even threaten them with my sword. The same sort of thing happened when we stepped foot inside the borders. Suddenly, the whole camp knew we were back and that we had brought back three new demigods. My sister Katie was first to reach us, than came little Lily, about half of the Athena cabin, and of course Nico.
“Did ya have fun” Katie asked. I just shrugged, suddenly appreciating the practice I had gotten from Lauren.
“Hey Zoe? Where’s David?” I turned around to see the worried face of Malcolm. Lauren burst into tears.
“Ask him” I muffled out, pointing to Jesse. So much for keeping that a secret.
“Let’s not jump to conclusions” He said, as about twenty well-trained demigods pulled out their weapons. “It was Gaea not me”
“WHAT!” shouted some camper
“Gaea” Lauren answered “She’s awakening and she-“ Her last words broke off into a sob. Lily came up and patted her on the back and gave her a cute little it’ll be okay look. They headed off to their cabin. I didn’t feel much like answering questions to I returned to my cabin myself
Jesse’s POV

Well this’s just great. We were going to try to keep my, and Kate’s and Roy’s, association with Gaea a secret, and then within five minutes of getting back, they blow my cover. And then to make it worse, BOTH leave. Only Kate and Roy remained, and though everyone, well almost everyone, put their weapons away, I still felt uneasy. A girl came forward. She was beautiful. She had beautiful hazel eyes and short brown hair. She moved so gracefully, almost as if she was dancing, she had two camp beads and a peace sign hanging on it too.
“Hi” she said “I’m Anna, daughter of Harmonia (goddess of harmony)You really um met Gaea? And lived”
“OH don’t go blowing it out of proportion” I replied, unawhere of my surroundings “So, well, would you mind giving me a tour?”
She smiled “Course not, c’mon” We walked away.
Lauren’s POV (happening at same time)

Half way back to the Hecate cabin I stopped.
“Hey Lils? I think I’m gonna go talk to Annabeth” She nodded, even if she was six, she was so smart you’d think she was from Athena. I rushed off to cabin 3, knowing that’s where I’d find her. I came in without knocking
“Annabeth” I asked
“Over here”
I ran over and gave her a weak smile “Back so soon?” She asked
“Yea, and I wanted to tell you that well, I understand your pain. David, he’s not, he’s not gonna come back.” She looked at me, sympathy in her eyes
“Oh Lauren!” And she hugged me
“So what’s been going on at camp?”
“Nothing really, but we did get this weird kid named Jason” I looked at her, suddenly extremely interested, I think she noticed “Anyways, he’s… abnormal. He uses the Roman names a lot, and he has this crazy bar code thing on his arm-“
I broke her off mid sentence “Is he, by any chance, the son of Zeus?”
“Yea, you know him?” I shrugged “ Anyways, he showed up here with like no memory and he went off in a quest and, we haven’t heard from him since”
“Thank the gods” I whispered. She looked at me “Annabeth, I do know Jason. He’s the leader of Fort Rome
Chapter 17

Home Again, home again
Annabeth’s POV

I was speechless. Yet I had one million and one questions to ask. “What do you mean ‘Fort Rome’?” I asked. She looked at me, a horrified expression plastered on her face, like she just said the one and only thing she wasn’t allowed to speak of.
“Holy Zeus I didn’t mean to say that” She yelled
“Well you did so you might as well tell me more” I shouted back
She took a deep breath. I knew this had something to do with Percy. “We’re not alone” She started “This is a camp for demigods, but not the ONLY safe haven. There is also a camp in California. For the Romans, and them only. That Jason guy you met goes there. He’s the son of Jupiter, not Zeus. I know it’s a lot to deal with, but that’s how it is”
She thought I was confused. How cute “It makes so much sense! I bet the Romans are told that New York isn’t safe because of the gods and all” She nodded “And if Jason is here…” I let my sentence hang. I didn’t want to get my hopes up.
“I’m not going there” Lauren said, as if she’d read my mind “With Jason gone it’ll be death to those with suspicious backgrounds. Though they respect me, Jason always had my back and kept me 100% safe. They might assume I have him captive” I sighed it was the perfect plan “I’m just gonna wait ‘till Jason gets back. Try to see what he remembers. Though it’ll break me inside, I hope he doesn’t remember me.”
The next few hours were quite the same, I would ask a question, Lauren would reply. I would get confused, Lauren would explain again. It was hard to wrap my head around all of this. We went to dinner together, in silence. I let her cry on my shoulder when they burned David’s shroud. Later, she let me cry on mine when we went back to the Poseidon Cabin. She was exactly what I needed. A broken heart to soothe the others, and vice versa. It was nice to have someone to talk to. I had turned the whole country upside down looking for Percy, I had almost lost all hope. We fell asleep in cabin three, with wet cheeks. We trained the next day, or at least we tried. Lauren was able to hit one target, but then she missed Chiron by a millimeter. We stopped.
“Hey Lauren?” I asked
“Yeah?”
“I was wondering if well if I”
“Spit it out” She said, half laughing over her sobs.
“could I see your cabin?” She looked at me as if I was kidding “I’ve been dyeing to see it”
She shrugged “I don’t see why not” A whole sentence, not one tear, that had to be an improvement. She walked me over, taking out her wand. I stared at her “You have to magic the door to get it to open” She muttered “aperta” The door swung open.
“Was that Latin?” I asked
She shrugged “Uh-huh, I’m not sure why, but it works better that way. I speak Latin as fluently as I am in Greek or English.” Impressive.
Her cabin was breath taking. Warm and snuggly, but powerful as well. There were several pictures floating around. I assumed they were Lily’s.
“Beautiful” I breathed out. She just gave me an embarrassed smile
“Mom likes to go overboard” she whispered.
We stayed there and talked for what seemed like forever, but there were shouts outside, new camper shouts. We went out to see what all the commotion was about. We ran into the dinning pavilion to see three dazed demigods on the Aphrodite table. Piper Leo and Jason were back. Lauren gasped and dived behind me, trying to hide.
“Jason?” Chiron trotted forward “What- How-?”
“Hi” Piper said, attempting to be casual “We’re back”
Everyone bombarded them with questions, I admit I even questioned them. I think Lauren returned to her cabin, and when I finally got back to the Athena cabin, everyone was asleep.
Lauren’s POV

Oh my gods. Oh my gods. Oh my GODS. Jason, he was so different. He seemed, I couldn’t put my finger on it. At least he was okay. I would talk to him tomorrow. I laid my head down, waiting for sleep, fearing the dreams that would come after. I didn’t think I would ever fall asleep, but I woke up at six, the last of my dreams still burned in my mind. Jason suddenly remembering and his instincts taking over. The whole camp, gone. I shuddered as I got dressed. I knew I had to talk to Jason, but I didn’t want to. I saw the way he looked at that girl (who I assumed was Piper) he obviously didn’t remember Reyna. Let me tell you, a mad daughter of Apollo was something that should be avoided. Especially if that daughter had flaming arrows. I slowly walked over to Jason’s cabin, taking a deep breath I knocked on the door. There was a muffled “come in” and I entered.
“Hey, heard you kicked butt on the quest” I said.
“Not really” He said
“C’mon, you fought two freaking GIANTS!” I said
But you didn’t come here to congratulate me?” He guessed
“You’re quick. Well, what’s my name?”
He thought for a second, scrunching up his face “Lauren?” I nodded. “And you’re a loner? Right”
I smiled at him “Not exactly. I’m sure you’ll understand later”
“But I want to know now” He said
“So do I. But I do have a theory: ‘the missing still care’” I quoted. He stared at me with a confused expression “Two people are missing: you and Percy. But you care for where you came from” I concluded.
He nodded “I just wish I knew what I cared about.”