posted by RealLuvAlwaysBL
I l’amour OTH, don't get me wrong, but here are just a few of the false conclusions I would have fallen victim to if I wasn't such a rational, mature, worldly young woman.lol This is just for fun,I mean no offense to anyone who watches the montrer religiously, for I at one time did. I'm picking fun at the misguided notions that OTH portrays as the facts of life...Tree colline Style. Hope toi enjoy!
1. There must be no optometrists in arbre Hill. Lucas Eugene Scott clearly needs eyeglasses. He spends approximately 90% of the montrer with his eyes squinted up straining to see. The simple solution to this would be to go to an eye doctor and get glasses ou contacts! But that just wouldn’t be as “sexy” I suppose and wouldn’t have donné him that uncanny Broody look! Therefore, we are stuck watching him as pitiful as it is. Note to CMM: the only time your Mr. Broody look is appropriate is when toi are having unscripted eye sex with Ms. Cheery. Otherwise toi just look like a half blind, possibly constipated, tool bag!
2. Falling down a flight of stairs is a plausible defense and excuse for why a young woman is battered and bruised on every inch of their body. This is also apparently a solid tight justification for why toi have a black eye, ou 2, because staircases have been known to throw a few good punches here and there if toi piss em off enough. But, just to be safe, it would be a good idea to try it first on your l’amour stricken, blind, best friend before toi attempt this degree of deception.
3. Birth control options must be illegal ou not available in arbre Hill. Case and point…The SCOTT families! I don’t know how many of toi realize how unlikely it would be for Haley ou Peyton ou Brooke, ou hell Karen and Deb for that matter, ALL to get pregnant ou have these pregnancy scares all the time if they just walked into their gyno and demanded some form of contraceptive! Nearly impossible and here I’m thinking that if toi sit on a toilet siège in TH toi get pregnant!
4. Dan passed on a genetic mutation of super sperm to Lucas. This is another ill-conceived notion I’ve concocted to justify why at any donné moment a certain Scott is impregnating the arbre colline ladies. toi would think, donné their history, the new generation would be a little plus careful with their peckers, but the most récent "miricle" of his super sperm, the Leyton fetus, proved that theory wrong! Maybe toi just have to watch out for toilet seats in which Lucas has used?
5. Condoms, if used, must be magically defective. I mean do they have a special condom plant in TH that manufactures condoms that allow ONLY sperm to pass through, par the touch of a button ou something? Because, unlike with pregnancy, in which the unintended outcome can only occur during certain portion of the menstrual cycle, disease transmission can occur during each and every act of intercourse for all persons. Then take into consideration that a single sperm has a diameter of 3 microns, yet STD-causing organisms are much smaller--from 1/4 to 1/70 the size of sperm. Meaning it would be physically impossible for sperm, and not other organism to pass through. So with the amount of rampant sex shown in S1, and the apparent heightened pregnancy stats in TH, how the F has no one gotten an STD? Sure, it’s probably not the most appealing a subject matter but heck at least have some real life probability. What will young people think? That toi can have as much sex as toi want, and even though toi may have an over abundant amount of pregnancy scares, nothing will materialize until toi are in a serious relationship, and STDs, well that doesn’t happen in TH soooooo? MDR
6. Tree colline must have the lowest “cost of living” of any American city. Why? Well…for one thing, Naley lived alone in a pretty nice apt in high school on minimum wage! Fast-forward…Naley, having had a baby in HS; now live in a VERY nice home, for a while on a teacher’s salary! Sure we can assume that the Scott fortune is some how helping, but come on gimme a break! Poor Jamie ain’t gonna have NO money for college at this rate! MDR Not to mention those young people I just talked about probably think not only will they never get an STD, but if they do get knocked up things will be just peachy keen and they’ll live happily ever after...in a million dollar home! Oops, that’s not how it really goes down now is it!
7. It is acceptable if not encouraged to have slept with every one of the opposite sexes in your intimate group of friends. Again, what is télévision assuming? That its normal for groups of Friends to just pass around their significant others, ou better its to be expected for ones boyfriend to experiment sexually with your closest friends, maybe even a sister. I mean this sick twisted l’amour heptagon orgy notion that seems to be the standard procedure for OTH is ludicrous and delusional. I don’t know about toi but my Friends don’t act like that! Plus, what happened to the “girl code”? MDR Gosh that’s a knee slapper, “girl code”….riiiiight!
8. Talent and occupational dreams naturally fall into place before toi are 22 years old. Now seriously, how unrealistic is this show. par the time most 22 an olds are just graduating from college, these 5 were running multi billion dollar corps, having manuscripts published, going on musique tours, having major artists record with them for their own record company, and playing in the NBA. Granted that last one is now D-league, but we were made to believe w/o the accident he would have been drafted first round. Insanity I tell you! I’ve seen bball players who would rape Nathan Scott, as delish as he undoubtedly is in action, on the court, who wouldn’t have a chance in hell at playing professionally. If I was 14 when I watched this montrer I might be in LA working at McDonalds right now, instead of in graduate school, because I thought that my dream of styling the celebs was an inevitable reality!
9. When in love, ou when toi just feel like it…PROPOSE…vehemently! Okay seriously I give Naley this one. BC while unconventional at best, with that proposal we saw a beautiful l’amour story continue to emerge, and gained a family. And in all actuality it wasn’t a proposal, plus an elopement. Now Lucas Scott, on the other hand, is a proposing gigolo. Episode 6.15 provided the last bit of ammunition of this tirade, as he proposed to Peyton for the 4th time. Need I remind toi that he is currently ONLY 22, maybe 23 at the oldest, and that he proposed the first time at freakin 19? ou how bout that time when he proposed to Lindsey after making out with his ex GF 30 min prior? Oh wait…what about the knowledge that he proposed the 2nd time to Peyton out of the blue (after he told her he hated her for ruining his life ou plus plausibly ruing his life in what would have been marriage with Lindsey) over a cell phone message? I mean I could go on but I think toi get the picture. I'd like to believe this last proposal was the real deal, for Lucas's sake, but I suggest putting as much weight behind a Lucas Scott proposal as toi would behind a Dan Scott apology. They are both FULL OF SHIT!