Morganville vampires Livres 13, 14, And 15

Ligeia13 posted on Oct 13, 2011 at 12:52AM
Has everyone heard? It has been confirmed that Penguin has picked up the Morganville series for the thirteenth, fourteenth, and fifteenth books. The announcement can be found here: link and on the Morganville Vampires Facebook page.

What does everyone think of this announcement? I, for one, am thoroughly elated.

Morganville vampires 11 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an fukyuu said…
Something to look forward to. Hopefully there will be lots of Myrnin (since he is the reason I continue to read these books).

So I wonder if she'll end up turning or not...Hmm.
il y a plus d’un an Ligeia13 said…
Personally, I hope that Claire does not get turned vampire. In "Last Breath", I was **SPOILERS** very anxious for a while that she would be turned, but I was so relieved when they managed to resurrect and heal her while still keeping her human. **END SPOILERS** As much as I love vampires and even prefer them over humans, I think that Claire's humanity is an essential part of her character. Much of the plot is driven by the (at best) uneasy interaction and constant struggle to coexist between vampires and humans, and I think that a lot of that conflict would be diminished if Claire were to become one of them, at least at this point. I also think Caine recognizes how essential Claire's humanity is, because the notion of Claire getting turned has come up twice, and both times, even when the choice was pushed right in her face, Claire very definitively chose to remain human.

Things can always change, though...(but I hope not.)
il y a plus d’un an FounderAmelia said…
i dont think claire will ever be a vampire because of the fact she is with shane if she became a vampire then shane and her would split up and that would split the team because even though he gets on with micheal can you imagine what he would be like if she ever became one. i think if any character could possible be turned into a vampire it might be eve maybe if micheal lost control but i really dont see any of them turning tbh cause to do it they would need amelia and atm she is out of action.
il y a plus d’un an jubjub90210 said…
***SPOILERS***
I love the vampires in morganville and think maybe- just maybe- that claire COULD be the new Amelia- as amelia did get biten by that magnus guy and is dieing- sooooo maybe,that could be possible....
il y a plus d’un an omgemg44 said…
smile
I agree with jubjub90210.
If Claire ever got turned (highly unlikely though) I think she would become the new Amelie after many meeting and arguments.

Though it can always go the other way like, Oliver gets the Founders place. Or Amelie lives some how. We don't know, because Caine always surprises us.
il y a plus d’un an Ligeia13 said…
In honesty, I don't see Claire becoming "the new Amelie" even if she did get turned--she's much too young and inexperienced. I don't think she would be capable of the job, or that she would want it, or that the vampires would accept it. If Amelie were to go, it would seem logical that Oliver would be next in line by default. He's an elder, he's experienced, he knows how to run a unit, and vampires definitely respect him--also, since he has been working alongside Amelie all this time, he would seem like the natural "heir to the throne", so to speak. Personally, of all the vampires, I would think Claire would be the -last- candidate to take Amelie's place (I could see Richard or Hannah, humans, even taking charge before Claire does). She seems like a wildly illogical choice, for my own part, at least at the moment...but then, I could always be wrong.

That being said, though...I am not counting on Amelie dying. There is about a fifty-fifty chance, I think. I will not be surprised if she dies, but I also will not be surprised if Caine manages to pull out a magical cure at the last minute. As omgemg44 said, she is hard to predict.
il y a plus d’un an jubjub90210 said…
smile
hmmmm, yeah i guess i didn't see it like that... but i REALLY hope there are books 13, 14 and 15! can't waite till Black Dawn too!! I LOVE Rachel`s books!! if they do become movies or tv series i hope they are just as good as the books.
il y a plus d’un an vampirefan99 said…
smirk
i cannot wait till black dawn comes out!
il y a plus d’un an Abbey109 said…
heart
SHANE FOREVER!! :)
il y a plus d’un an xAnelejx said…
big smile
Myrnin team!
il y a plus d’un an frayer999 said…
myrnin is elish if you want black dawn it is comming out on the 1st of may