Jane Austen livres Based Off Jane Austen's

kateliness2 posted on Jul 23, 2008 at 03:49AM
I have never read a prequel/sequel to any Jane Austen novel. There are so many - I've seen hundreds over the years. I'm just nervous that they will ruin the original novel for me. Has anyone ever read any? Were they good? Would you recommend them? Did it drastically change your thoughts on the original novel?

Am I alone in this thinking?

Jane Austen 2 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an uneekdolls said…
I will be the first to say taht I do not like sequels written by any one other than the origianl author...I do think they ruin things because they generally don't run true to what I think the first author would have done...
il y a plus d’un an AustenFan71 said…
I don't think any sequels to the originals "ruined" the novels or stories for me... some of them I came away shaking my head because I'll never get the hours back that I lost reading them.

My favorite is Linda Berdoll - Mr. Darcy takes a wife, and Lizzy and Darcy... I will warn you tho' there are parts of the book I wish she'd had left out. While the Darcy's may have had a great sex life, I would've been just as happy to NOT to have always been in the room with them! (blush) However, it did not get me to put the book down and I would read them again. Mr. Darcys Diary by Amanda Grange is also done well... exact story told from Darcys perception... Good luck!
last edited il y a plus d’un an