Harry Potter vs Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter vs Twilight 54807 réponses

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 2251-2300 of 54807

il y a plus d’un an Cissy101 said…
tongue
@italk2snakes that goal was a dumb and pathetic goal,we all know if it wasnt 4 a lil mistake from the goalkeeper(btw he's name is green)USA would have never ever scored! Twilight is nice but would never be able to kiss the hem of HP's cloak...harry potter grows with you,it matures and honestly that's what i like 'bout it:i started reading the first book when i was 11 just like harry soooooo.....twilight is bland with not much imagination.
il y a plus d’un an mooimafish17 said…
^^ yes i started at 11, and i was hooked :)
il y a plus d’un an emlincr said…
^^I started when I was 8 and was addicted! Haha. When you really think about it, Smeyer didn't really create much. She just kinda morphed legends and history to fit her little story. JKR is different, she created the whole wizarding world. The Three Broomsticks probably took more creativity than the whole Twilight saga.
JKR used things that wizards and witches are known to have and use throughout the legends and created something new with them. For example, witches are known to fly on broomsticks, but I've never heard of them using those brooms to play quidditch.
Smeyer took the fact that vampires can't go into sunlight and turned it into glittery vampires....Alright so:
Brooms=quidditch
Not being able to go into sunlight=glittery vampires
I think we all know who wins here.
il y a plus d’un an TheQuibbler said…
2542. My family has a cupboard that is under our stairs and when I was 6 I was so dedicated to Harry I tried to move into it after my mom read me the first book. My mom says it was really cute of me, Twilight fans are so dedicated it borders on crazy.
il y a plus d’un an Mrs_Malfoy23 said…
sunny
So I am insanely proud of all the people who ave posted...further proof that HP pwns TS, because we are all insanely bad ass! *does happy dance* so I can now happily and my tid bit of wisdom (i hope it hasnt already been posted if it has oops if not, well its about effing time!)

2542. Harry Potter has A Very Potter Musical. Twilight has...? Nothing! Oh yeah thats right...

2543. The people who make HP spoofs, are geniuses...I love them dearl.

25434. The creators of AVPM have made AVPMS which will be on youtube in July. We got a musical, and a sequel to said musical. I hope JKR is proud of her fandom.

25435. Uh anyone else notice that Robert Pattinson looks like a foot?
il y a plus d’un an LoveforSeverus said…
surprise
2543. HP fans respect each other.
When Twilighters don't agree on which characters hottest, they fight. When they do, they fight over the character.
I have never fought another HP fan over Snape. I mean, I'll be like "haha he's soooo mine" but not anything hurtful!!!
il y a plus d’un an potterrox said…
I'm sort of late, but I'm from Virginia, and going to ninth grade next year, but we are still in school :( I watched the soccer, and yes the goal was sad, but it still conts :)

2544: my science teacher says Pattinson's eyebrows look like catepillars, and he's so right

Oh yeah, and my birthday is the same as Jude Law. I love Watson!!!
il y a plus d’un an souflizzle317 said…
^ another senior of 2014 in my time zone! I'm way too excited about this haha :) Although we got out of school on Friday. Potterox, I wish you luck surviving the rest of your year :)

I also have the same birthday as Oscar Nunez, who plays the exotic dancer/store owner/minister at wedding in The Proposal (movie) :)

2545. My dad, who hasn't even read all of the Harry Potter books, just made a Sirius/serious joke. I don't think he even knows the plot of Twilight.
il y a plus d’un an FredWRules said…
smile
potterrox- I have the same birthday as Picasso!!!! *grins*
Oh my god, the proposal is so funny! Do you watch the office? Oscar Nunez is in that also. And thanks, because of all the snow, we don't get out untill the 24th :( and i'm excited too, by the way

*grins back*
@potterrox, two things: 1, snow??? Virginia got enough snow to have that many snow days when *Vermont* only had one snow day? Although maybe it's because we're so used to the snow that we have to get about 5 feet in one night before getting a snow day....Anyway and 2, I don't watch the office but I'm excited about Oscar Nunez in the Proposal because my aunt is an electrician for movies and she worked on the Proposal and took me to the set while they were filming :)

*joins the grin party* haha
il y a plus d’un an icysparq said…
big smile
J.K. Rowling's official site is SO much better than Stepheniemeyer.com. I spent an hour on J.K. Rowling's site reading all the interesting tidbits and trying to find the hidden stuff. I love it. And the layout, the portkeys, the animations, the sounds... Stephenie Meyer's is just bland in comparison. I'm not sure if that's a reason?
last edited il y a plus d’un an
icysparq- so true, that is totally a reason.

hehehee
I started a grin partAY! whooo *grins wider*
il y a plus d’un an icysparq said…
Careful guys, don't hurt your faces...
awwww!!!!!! *gins so wide my face cracks in half* OW!
one of my best friends- the one who converted me :D- has the same birthday as Lee Jordan
heart
Sorry I was watching HBP. No joke :)
I love the Proposal!!!! I got outta school Thursday the 3rd. You guys are so behind :)
Haha I'm from Colorado and this year we got 4 full snow days and about 5 days where they dismissed early because of the snow :) Hahahaha.

@FredWRules- I turn 14 in October too! I have the same birthday as Michelle Trachtenberg (the chick in Ice Princess)
il y a plus d’un an Italktosnakes said…
smile
^Im from england, and I had 7 snow days :) I...win?
Is anyone about 15-16 from England? I'm feeling left out at the moment...lol x
big smile
^^ *high fives emlincr* whoooo!!!!! :) OCTOBER RULES!!!! (sorry about the CAPS rape)
OMG guys! Haha I live in South Carolina so the only true snow day we had it ended up being 60 degrees and sunny. It was awesome.
Since when did we get to birth DAYS? My b-day was picked because of Shakespeare!! One play my mom likes he says "beware of the Ides of March" so I was born then!! (March 15!!)
Haha guys check this video out this dude is hilarious and his reaction to Twilight is really funny!
link
laugh
Italktosnakes - 17 from London - Hi :)

That video is so funny!!

@LoveforSeverus, I got out Friday the 11th, so that's late to you but I feel like half the people on this forum are still in school so I feel like I got out pretty early :)

We had just one snow day, the day when we got 7 feet of snow overnight :) (we had a delay when there was 5 feet, but we didn't have to make it up because we still went to school) So, I think I win this snow day thing because we got earlier :)
Does anyone know what number we're on now?
Okay 2546. Harry Potter will always be remembered as a classic story most people who have good taste in literature have read. It'll live on bookshelves for years to come.
Twilight on the other hand will be known as a cheesy romance novel that teens went crazy over for a few years. Then it'll be forgotten, and it'll disappear off the face of the earth (hopefully) lol.
2547. On the Twilight forums, it's usually Twihards arguing over characters and yelling at each other. On Harry Potter forums, it's fans debating politely or discussing other things and being friendly. Because personally, it might just be me, but I feel like you guys are as close to friends as you can get when you're talking on a forum online. This is where I come when I'm feeling bad, and you guys always cheer me up :) I don't think it's like that on any Twilight forum out there.
I LOVE YOU SOUFLIZZLE317
im so sorry it just slipped out

*hangs head in shame*
lol hahahahahahahahaha
laugh
@Emlincr-Nerimon is bloody gorgeous!
2548. Because I remember being chuffed to bits when my Mom said I could go to the book signing! And I remember when I saw Jo, it was like 1am, and I was like the 10000th person in the queue, and she acted really happy to see me and was really nice, despite the fact she was probably absolutely shattered.
Basically, what I is saying is that Jo respects any fans whereas Stephanie Meyer acts as if the only reason she is rich is because she is a literary genius.Yeah...innit,blud. :) x
il y a plus d’un an 8D8P said…
Hello!! this is the same person who had the "peaceoutsuckez" account, but i 4got my password. oops. heehee.

ok so i take latin, and i've found a LOT of words JKR used from the latin language:

Sanguini-the latin word for blood is sanguis. Sanguini is a vampire.
Nox-latin for night. nox turns off light

right now thats all i can think of. but still

oh and this is kinda old but im leaving the 8th grade this year too!! class of 2014!! my school gets out 6/21. yeah late ik. but we are doing alot 4 end-of year. memory nite (was last week), semi-formal (day after memory nite), and we leave 2mro 4 DC. but yeah. yeah i'm in that class of '14 group
@mooimafish17
Hello! :) x What part of London? (Im not a stalker, just wondering) :) x
North
;)
You?
Im from the West Midlands, bout 30 minutes from Birmingham.
Love how mine is really detailed and you're just like 'North...' :) x
I had eleven snow days this year, but maybe it's because we are not as used to it as you are in Vermont. It's crazy that you got 7 feet! Do you live in the mountains? And also, very cool about your aunt!

And I agree, I feel like if I met most of you, we'd be friends
il y a plus d’un an SuperFab15 said…
Awww! Group hug! :)
Sorry but my town had at least 20 snow days this year.

Yay! *hugs back*

I'm going camping for a few days tomorrow so see ya guys!
soufizzle i feel the exact same way :) Sometimes when I'm talking about HP to my friends I slip and say "Well my friend (insert a name from this forum) said..."
It's rather weird sometimes.

I just watched Alice In Wonderland... AGAIN. ... I wish *I* had a british accent!!!! America is SO BORING.
@potterrox, I don't know...I don't really consider us in the mountains but I guess we are? Pretty much all of Vermont is mountains though, and all of it gets a ton of snow every winter so we just get used to it. And I agree, I think that if we somehow all met and realized that we were all on this forum, we would be friends :)

*joins the group hug* Even though I don't personally know any of you, I love you all :)

Getting back to Harry Potter, 2550. I know this is just a generality, and it's not 100% true at all, but just putting context to theories about HP fans being smarter, I have straight A's, and so do four of my friends who love Harry Potter. The only people in my class who like Twilight are the group of emo underachievers who smoke pot after school. Once again, I know it's stereotypical and this isn't true for all fans of either series, but I'm just saying that there is some truth to those stereotypes.
@LoveforSeverus: I totally agree about the British accents! They're so amazing, and American accents are so boring :P
I wonder if British people go around trying to talk in American accents? To the people who live there, is this true?
il y a plus d’un an SuperFab15 said…
angry
I so wish I had a British accent!

I don't know what number we're on or if this is even a reason, but I thought I'd vent. I just found out that twilight's copying Harry Potter and breaking dawn is going to be split into 2 movies. Wtf?! Deathly Hallows had so much stuff in it that if you think about it, it has to be in 2 parts to make it as epic as the books! Breaking dawn? No! There isn't enough stuff in that piece of crap book for 1 movie, much less 2!!
^ I don't know if that's a reason either, but I totally agree. Breaking Dawn could literally be made into a half an hour movie, no joke. With Deathly Hallows, after I finished the book and started thinking about the movie, I tried so hard to find even *one* event that could be cut out, and I couldn't think of anything. Every part of the book depends on each other, and if you take out even one detail, the whole plot collapses. *That* is why Deathly Hallows is being split into two movies. Breaking Dawn is just stealing the idea because the filmmakers know that Harry Potter is so much cooler.
^^Haha so true. Tons of crap can be cut out of Breaking Dawn and it would still be too long.
smile
^emlincr, if it's two minutes it's too long.

yeah, before I commented to my dad about how much everyone on here seems to have in common :) It's funny.
smile
I'd love to have an american accent. I know this is random, but I LOVE how you say Harry potter like Harry Poddurr (generally anyway). I also love american people when they try to talk English, it makes me smilee x
laugh
I HAVE A BRITISH ACCENT :D :D

im cool :)

lol - no, ive never tries to speak in an american accent (cept in drama ovi)

OHHH Group hug *joins in over enthusiastically*
Italktosnakes - its kinda hard to explain but im really close to central london, but im kinda north of it - so i live in the suburbs but the underground only takes half an hour to Trafalgar Square. :D