Dramione Don't get it - help please

snoznoodle posted on Aug 14, 2007 at 06:09AM
Can someone explain why you like this pairing? When these two hate each other and Malfoy hates anything to do with muggle-born people?

I'm not looking to insult anyone I would just like someone to justify why they think these two suit each other.
These ridiculous pairings always really confuse me.

Dramione 11 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an CharmedAngel88 said…
I really have no idea why this pairing is so popular. I'm not a fan of it, I prefer the Ron/Hermione pair myself. But I guess people just like to imagine it. Maybe they think that it would be nice to have something that is so unlikely to happen actually happen.

Oh, and I love your icon, Jam forever!
il y a plus d’un an snoznoodle said…
lol cheers!

I got a little help from fans in the Harry Potter spot and they seem to think it's sort of a Romeo and Juliet thing - forbidden love.

I still think its weird...
But can an actual fan of the pair give us a little insight? I would really like to know.
il y a plus d’un an mimilovefoc said…
I think they are cute together. Anything can happen in the world of fan fiction and it is so romantic whene opposite attract.

mimi love fox
il y a plus d’un an RainbowGeek819 said…
Yeh its fun fiction...Its like when i say legolas and aragon (from lotr) go out...... Its just a littlr fun ship!
il y a plus d’un an snoznoodle said…
Yeah ok...
I guess fanfiction you can do whatever you want with characters its just... those two getting together is so out of character.

I guess I like fanfiction to be fairly realistic.
il y a plus d’un an pink_martini2 said…
Who says that fanfiction can't be realistic?

1. People can change. Draco /could/ change from his muggle hating ways. In canon, he's even changed a little when they're adults.

2. If Draco was nicer to Hermione, she wouldn't have a problem being nice back.

There are some GREAT fics out there. And the auhors keep them very in character. I think those are the most compelling. It makes you believe the "impossible" pairing.

And its really not that crazy. There are SO MANY other pairings in other fandoms that follow the same love story line. Two people who start off hating each other or in positions where they wouldn't like each other, but end up falling in love.

Off the top of my head:
1. Blair and Chuck in Gossip Girl
2. Buffy and Spike
3. Kyle and Sunny, Ian and Wanderer in The Host
4. ELIZABETH BENNET and Mr. DARCY
last edited il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an Praesse said…
I agree with pink_martini2, as usual...

IT'S SO POSSIBLE! The fanfictions that keep the characters in character (lol) are really believable. And the couple isn't that impossible, if Draco changed his prejudices a bit, only a tiny bit to notice that Hermione can be quite interesting, then the whole relationship can happen!
il y a plus d’un an draco_is_HOT said…
im a major dramione fan so listen up:

draco is obviously not that evil - the evil is just a mask and this is obvious in such scenes as when draco plans to kill dumbledore but seems too weak and when voldemort is in the malfoy mansion and draco is terrified.
he's just influenced by his family of death eaters and being snobbish and bullying is the only way of life he's known. from this there r many theories. draco could b jealous of the friendships that the trio have so he makes life harder for them so he feels better. or he's perhaps scared of new emotions so he decides to go back on familiar ground which is bullying. now hermione is the one who draco seems to insult the most fiercely so perhaps he may be hiding a hidden emotion hes scared of cos its unfamiliar. perhaps the feeling of love.

also we no that draco isnt really evil and he may b scared to open up emotions. hermione is warm and supportive so she may b the only one draco'll open up too. forget that hermione is a mudblood cos draco doesnt really believe in those things.

also opposites attract. hermione and draco r like fire and ice. they look so good together too!

lastly its a forbidden love. and dont we all love to read forbidden love stories?

DRAMIONE 4EVA!
il y a plus d’un an CharmedAngel88 said…
Well, as I had posted earlier I wasn't a fan of the pairing. But I started to read some fanfics with the pair of them together. And I have actually started to like the pairing. I'm still more for the Ron/Hermione pairing, but I'm starting to like Dramione.
il y a plus d’un an Jinx22 said…
see, there's proof right there :) haha. but really, i used to be romione as well, but i read a few fics that were very canon and they just drew me in. i think i had a really open mind that day lol. i...can't fully explain it, why the pairing works so well. or maybe its just that i've gotten so sucked into the world of dramione that i totally disregard what is (or is not) written in the books and will read the most AU dramione fics out there...
anyway, if you happen to have any extra time on your hands, read this...
The Unseemly Proposal
link

changed my opinion of dramione.
il y a plus d’un an kittiesrtbst said…
Well I ship it for a variety of reasons. But before anything lets clear up the one conflict everyone uses against this pairing. My one pet peeve is people using all the things that happened in the actual story against a shipping. Don't just think of what proves it wrong. Think of the possibilities as well as the moments that may support it. So what if they hated each other in the book? That's what Rowling wrote and thought. We as the audience have our own views on the characters as well. Also why would this shipping exist if they were going to hate each other? It's mostly my thoughts of how the series kind of went downhill that made me ship them. I think Rowling should've had them end up together. It would've made the books that much more interesting and allowed the character development to really grow. I don't know if my assumptions are wrong or not but I felt she was involving her personal feelings and judgement for these type of people too much in the book. My first reason is I personally think Draco should've been portrayed as a better person, after all his beliefs were built into him at birth and he was probably pressured. In this aspect I'm sure plenty of people out there can empathize with him even if it's different reasons. If he fell in love with Hermione I feel as if that could've been the push he needed to look at his beliefs differently. And Hermione is a warm, loving person in general. She would've been his pillar he needed while bearing all his burdens. She would also help the people on the Light Side (who I personally think are idiots for labeling one evil because they are on the evil side and good because they are on the light side) Not to mention if THE Draco Malfoy, Muggleborn hating snobby prat, actually developed strong loving feelings towards the very people he hates, how would it influence the views of others with these same prejudice feelings? After reading so many fanfictions with all these amazing plot lines because they ended up together really got to me. They would make a good couple in general. And any relationship needs a spark of some sort. Also Malfoy is basically the complete opposite of Hermione. It would balance out quite nicely. Hermione would bring his ego down a few notches and keep him in line a bit better whereas Malfoy could keep up with Hermione's clever retorts and maybe taint her goody goody status a bit. Forbidden love makes it that much stronger and passionate a bond. Well this is all I'm going to say since I don't want to type anymore.