Dr. Lawrence Kutner *SPOILERS* 'Emancipation' Discussion!

misanthrope86 posted on Nov 20, 2008 at 01:53AM
What did you think of this episode? We got to see a little more of Kutner in this one, which was cool. I really liked how he wanted to believe in the patient and went to great lengths to show that he was on her side. And he looked so hurt when he found out that she had been lying!

I also thought it was interesting that Thirteen was so disdainful of Kutner (when she and Taub were searching the patient's home).

Anyone else want to share their thoughts?

Dr. Lawrence Kutner 2 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an PotterGal said…
I agree about 13 being very cynical against Kutner's world-view of being too trusting. That was really interesting to see the contrast between the two of them.
There's been such a lack of Kutner this season (i'm guessing that's because Kal Penn was so involved with the Obama campaign) so i was so happy to get to see more of him in this episode. I really liked his interaction with the patient and the way he warmed up to her when he found out he could identify with her on some level. And yes! I was so sorry for him when he found out she was lying! And then after that there was no more interaction between him and the POTW which i found really sad.
I liked the ending when he watched the patient reunite with his family. I think it would have felt really bittersweet for him.
il y a plus d’un an misanthrope86 said…
Yeah, I got really angry with that POTW! Kutner is such a nice and trusting character so I found myself so pissed off that the POTW was screwing with him (although I certainly understand why she did it). It is clearly a very sensitive area for Kutner and it was actually really cool to see more of Kutner even if it was a crap situation.

I didn't really connect Kal Penn's Obama campaigning with his lack of screentime... Olivia Wilde was also campaigning for Obama, although she wasn't as involved as Kal, so I don't know how much of an impact that would have had.