Doctor Who should I start season 5?

hardchoice posted on Nov 02, 2013 at 05:25AM

I know I'm going to get a lot of criticism for this, but let me explain.
I'm new to doctor who. I started with the modern series and I finished the fourth season last night.
I usually HATE romance on screen, but I cried so much watching the doctor and rose being separated, and I loved the way RTD characterized the "working class heroes" people around the doctor.
I know I'm going nuts and I'm a bit naive, but I read there's going to be another love affair with river song in the next seasons, and this is freaking me out.
I know he's been married multiple times and stuff. but still, I believe in life-long love, and I don't know if my one and only heart will be able to watch the doctor flirting with other women. Plus, I've haven't enjoyed the most of moffat's episodes (with the exception of "the empty child") and the river song character itself, by far.
What should I do? I'm just asking because it could be really painful.
oh,and forgive my english. cheers from southern europe!

Doctor Who 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an DW_girl said…
smile
I think you should definitely give series 5 a go. In my opinion, it is one of the best series, and it is more about The Doctor and Amy (only as a friendship really) rather than The Doctor and River. I also find River quite annoying, but I got used to her, and I'm sure you will too. Don't worry, the majority of series 5 is not romance-related, but just classic Doctor vs Aliens fun! So in conclusion, watch series 5! :)
last edited il y a plus d’un an
 I think toi should definitely give series 5 a go. In my opinion, it is one of the best series, and it