christianisme Catholics are Christians too :)

jennabug121 posted on Jan 12, 2011 at 02:21AM
I have heard on this sight, my school, and even freinds that Catholicism isn't Christianity. Well I'm here to say that that's wrong and that Catholicism is Christianity and that most of the stariotypes of Catholicism is wrong :)

christianisme 25 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an Cinders said…
Anyone who says, especially to a Catholic, that Catholics aren't Christians know little about Christianity and even less about being polite.
il y a plus d’un an jennabug121 said…
Thank you! You are so right!^^^
il y a plus d’un an huddygirl2 said…
of cause there worship there same God there just believe a little differenty
il y a plus d’un an Poseidon3 said…
Yes, of course we're Christians. We're one of the major chuches of Christianity, although I have to admit that I don't agree with all of our methods.
il y a plus d’un an shinylilangel said…
worried
no not at all they beleive in mary and leavve jesus b hind
il y a plus d’un an LadyL68 said…
Thank you! I'm Catholic, & go to a school where most of my friends are Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, ect. Catholics are Christians, we belive the same things you do! & when people say we "worship Mary", they're wrong. She is Jesus' mother, & we pray through her, not to her.
il y a plus d’un an Poseidon3 said…
Exactly
il y a plus d’un an gir5136 said…
I have to say you are wrong because Christian means follower of Christ. Catholicism is not the same religion as Christianity. I know alot about Christianity and being polite. I respect others' opinion even though I don't agree with it.
last edited il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an 2nd2lastsamurai said…
Well, Catholicism is actually a branch/sect of Christianity. There are many different "religions" within Christianity, commonly holding their own set of beliefs and practices that other Christians don't necessarily share. Becoming a Christian is simply the belief that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the Living God, and accepting Him as your personal Lord and Savior. I'm sure you realize/have experienced what problems that can sometimes pose in resolving differences between many Christians. But if someone believes in that one statement, they are still a Christian, Catholic or otherwise. That's one reason why many Christians (myself included) contend that Christianity is a faith, not a religion.
il y a plus d’un an pomfan2 said…
Anyone one who believes that Jesus Christ rose from the dead and that He is the Living God is a Christian.
last edited il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an bratski2192 said…
^^IA. I get that Catholics pray thru Mary, tho it is unnecessary since in the Bible that u can pray straight to Jesus, cuz we all have our own personal relationship with Him thru faith & prayer. Mary was/is His mother, but is like the rest of us. She was/is important, but not held in the same importance as Him. Not bashing anyone, just pointing this out.

I can't believe the stuff that I do hear from Baptists sometimes (Catholicism isn't Christianity, idol worshipers, pagan, etc.) We all believe in Christ as our Savior, so there's no need to judge. It's over the top.
il y a plus d’un an southern-belle said…
Catholic does fall under the Christian religion, though sometimes it may not seem like it because it differs so much from other denominations as well as bible teachings (no altering the bible and so forth) I do refer to it as its one religion at times when talking about it in a belief sense such as "most Christians believe this whereas Catholics believe that" but they are the same for the fact that Christianity is simply the belief that Jesus Christ is your Savior.
il y a plus d’un an livetobefree said…
People who say Catholics aren't Christian are dead wrong! You need to get your facts right cuz you aint the only ones who love Jesus my gosh!
il y a plus d’un an phantommusic said…
Of course you are. There are many Catholic traditions that I, as a Lutheran, don't necessarily understand, but Catholics love God and His son the same as Protestants do. Church is, admittedly, quite different, but beliefs and rituals are two entirely different things.
il y a plus d’un an para-scence said…
smile
A guy at my school said he was Catholic, and he hates Christians. *facepalm* Catholics ARE Christians... We all love God and Jesus; we're not all that different. :)
smile
lol that's just sad^^^Do people realize that Catholicism was the first church/Christian sect?
il y a plus d’un an tiagih said…
Every denomination has something that is always questioned Catholics are one of the ones that have the most questions brought to them
il y a plus d’un an Bladewarrior said…
yo what the fuck people saying we don't pray to Jesus wat the fuck we dont pray to mary we just damn respect her n if we didn't follow Jesus why do we take the body n blood of Christ assholes i know most of u guys aren't catholic but seriously what the hell is wrong with most of u retards n we dont pray to mary or through her we dont pray to saints either we pray with them seriously this is why people don't respect christians because most don't even have rational thinking
il y a plus d’un an misanthrope86 said…
^ This is my favourite comment ever in this spot.
Bladewarrior, asside from your um...colorful language lol I agree with you. Honestly I think that when people dont know things they jump to conclusions and unfortunately Catholicism is the center of it. I think some people are just ignorant and dont care to understand us, instead they chose to judge us. We dont pray to Mary or to the Saints we pray with them. They're just important Holy people that we look up to and who we believe guide us in our lives.
il y a plus d’un an Karaoke_Leo said…
I don't understand how you Catholic's could ever be "not christian". I mean, I'm baptist, but that doesn't mean that I'm more or less Christian than someone from another demonination. We all love God and that's what matters.
Thankyou^^^
il y a plus d’un an bri-marie said…
I think people who say 'Catholics aren't Christian' don't quite grasp how Christian denominations work.
il y a plus d’un an carrieicecream said…
I never understood the debate in the first place, of course Catholics are Christian!
il y a plus d’un an Tech-Guard said…
smile
anyone who believes in god is plainly not human!