Canada24's club.. Wind and Canada's Review on Hellsing Ultimate

Windwakerguy430 posted on Oct 30, 2015 at 11:04AM

Canada24's club.. 60 réponses

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 60

il y a plus d’un an Canada24 said…
Su-up
il y a plus d’un an Windwakerguy430 said…
So, Canada. If I remember, Hellsing Ultimate was the only anime you actually finished.... or watched
And the only one I reviewed
Yeah, I remember those reviews. Though, for those who haven't read your review, why don't you tell them your overall opinion on the anime
8/10
Really. Well, let's try discussing some things. First off, the story. For those who aren't aware, Hellsing Ultimate follows the Hellsing Organization, an English organization meant to defend queen and country from vampires and other monsters. They fought off the vampires with the help of Alucard, a powerful vampire who swore loyalty to the Hellsing family years ago after being defeated by Abraham Van Hellsing. After Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing inherited the leadership of the organization, she did what she could to protect England from the monsters. But, secretly, a dangerous group of Nazi's lead by a war hungry madman known as The Major wish to have war with Nazi vampires...... NAZI! VAMPIRES! FUCKING! HELL! THAT IS AWESOME
My favourite in Anderson..
He's a bad guy, but not a REAL bad guy..
In his mind, he probably thinks he's doing the right thing
Ah yes, the characters. Let's talk about all of them. First, we'll start with Alucard. What do you think of him
Mwa.
He's sort of a dick sometimes
Well, me personally, I do like the idea. Without mentioning his backstory, he is just what he is. A monster who relishes in death and destruction. But with backstory, it shows him as a tragic anti-hero. I really love what the did with Alucard. If it weren't for Death Note, he'd be my favorite anti-hero
Yeah.. I respected him after that part
Okay. So, Integra. What are your opinions on her
She was alright.. The other girl too.. She's kinda hot. But didn't think much of her in most episodes
I thought Integra was awesome. A femme fatale who takes shit from no one, not even Alucard. And even when she is facing horrible events.... Like say a massive vampire Nazi attack, she still knows how to stay calm and collective. And that is what makes her so awesome. So, next character. Seras?
Again.. She's kinda hot. But didn't think much of her in most episodes
Yeah, I mean.... I don't hate Seras.... but she really didn't do much. I get she was supposed to be the comic relief... but this is an anime about Nazism, and constant blood, violence, and death. Comedy is probably the last thing you should add. Though, later in the series, she did get better. That was pretty good
Yeah
Okay. So, what are your opinions on Walter
last edited il y a plus d’un an
Well... He was okay.
I do admit, he was such a badass near the beginning, always acting so calm, especially around the crazed Valentine Brothers, but.... Well, without spoiling anything, his change in the series was just....... Not all that great. I mean..... How and why did this happen?
Anderson is the only one I have something to say anything about..

For one thing.
Anderson fights for Christ, witch, being a Christian and all makes me not help but take his side for the most part.
Generally Anderson is the type of person that is usually the good guy.
Hellsing is the first show I know, that has it the other way around.

Also, I kinda like his voice in the English version.
I looked it up, the guys name is Steven Brand.

I also know the name of his abridged actor.
Ben Creighton.
Who, by the way, is fucking HILARIOUS!
All, with the stereotypical accent, and constant stuff he says.
"The good lord has sent a message to you BLOODY HEITHONS as a sign of good will".
Yeah, I do agree. Anderson was such a great character, and was the perfect rival to Alucard.... but near the end of the series....... Oh god, come on, Anderson. Did you really have to go and do that. This was so stupid and disappointing, that even Alucard was disappointed, and for good reason if you ask me
Yeah..
But now, lets talk about the villains. If you ask me, the villains is where all of the character thought went into. Not that the good guys were bad..... But the villains were so much better. So, lets talk about some of them. Like the Major
I have to admit.
I actually kinda like the Major.

He's what I call a "true villain".
He dose evil, for the sake of doing evil.
But yet he still somehow manages to die in honor.

That's the perfect villain, in my eyes.

A villain who dosen't fear death.
But embraces, it.
Smiles at it..
Oh yeah, he smiles all right. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen this guy frown once. Just seeing this guy is fucking amazing. His lack of human life, or hell, even his own life, is insane, and his love for war is so strong, that he actually treats it like a goddamn symphony orchestra. And that speech.... GOD DAMN! He may just be my favorite Hellsing character.
He couldn't even shoot, witch is interesting
Yeah, your right. Kinda ironic, huh. A soldier (A NAZI soldier, I should add) Who can't shoot. Maybe it's just me, but that's kinda ironic
Yeah
Okay, so, next characters. What is your opinion on the Valentine Brothers?
As I originally expected. Jan Valentine is truely a enjoyment to watch.
He's friggin nuts.
But that's what I love about him.

I would love to go on and on about Jan Valentine.
But. Most of you probably don't care..

Though, I'm not saying I'm in anyway depressed about his death, he still deserved it.
Though I 'am' a bit disappointed about him being killed off after just one appearance. That much, I admit to.
But hey, it seems to happen quite often in hellsing, so, whatever.. Dude.

Anyway.
As for Luke.
He was serprisingly enjoyable too.
But. Am I the only who thinks his voice sounds kinda like Alucard's.

But. Just like Alucard says.
Luke loses all the respect he has earned by cowarding away joining the last second.
I understand WHY he would freak out.
But.. If what Alucard said about your legs is true.
Then.. You could of kept going.
Have some fuckin dignity Luke.
I mean. Least Jan died with 'some' dignity, he accepted that he was gonna die. While Luke didn't.
I do agree. Though, I think the thing with Luke is kinda expected. I mean, think about it, if you were fighting someone who just turned into a giant monster, wouldn't you try to run the fuck away. I would
But Luck was a vampire too...
Yeah, but, with so much fear instilled into him, I don't think regenerating limbs was the first thing on his mind. I think it was more of trying to get the fuck out of there with his life. I can't really blame him, too
True
Okay. What about the Dandy Man (I know he has a name, but EVERYONE remembers him as Dandy Man)
He was a weirdy
I guess... I liked his fighting style though. The whole card this was kinda creative. Though, sadly, personality wise..... meh. That goes for all of the remaining villains, really. Van Winkle, Zorin, you name them. The rest are just villains with awesome fighting abilities and so-so personality
Not Zorin... I was HAPPY she died in such a way.. Doesn't even fight fairly
Well........ Yeah, I guess your right..... Still kinda cool though
True
Okay. Next topic; The animation. What do you feel about it?
It was good for the most part... Except those weird japenesse moments
I agree. 90% of the show looked so damn good. The style is so much more unique from most anime, and the character models are some of the best... except when they use those much less detailed animation for comedic purposes... What the fuck happened. It's as if the animation it's self caught fucking cancer or something
I found the last one way too long
You mean the last episode, right?
Yeah
Well, it was.... but only by ten minutes. Though, I felt that time was needed to answer all the questions for the series
Oh..