Avatar le dernier maître de l’air ATLA takes on gender roles.

EvanlovesAzula posted on Apr 01, 2013 at 05:08AM
Okay guys so I posted a article earlier and got to thinking about this a little. This show is one of a kind when it comes to gender roles. The female characters are fully self defined ppl and not accessories to the male stories. Among my favorite examples of this are katara, toph, and Azula. Which other characters do u think belong in this discussion? Which don't?

Avatar le dernier maître de l’air 2 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an joyfullness101 said…
Hmm let's see: Kyoshi, Suki, and Tylee definitely belong! I think most of the girls from ATLA belong on this discussion but there could be some that don't.
il y a plus d’un an EvanlovesAzula said…
oo yea kyoshi definately. I wonder, some say suki was kind of a side runner to sokka in the series. Im sort of neutral on her. Wat do u guys think? Btw, we can discuss the guys too...i found it interesting that many of them relied on females in one way or another for their emotional or mental stability. Zuko is the prime example, as most of his pains stem from the loss of his mother. Keep in mind that this is an example of how the loss of a female prescence other than a sister who wants to destroy u out of jealousy can effect the male mind.