Alexander Rybak toi know you're norwegian when...

Helene17Norway posted on Apr 13, 2011 at 11:57AM
You know you’re norwegian when…..

….a stranger on the street smiles at you, you assume that:
a) he’s drunk
b) he’s insane
c) he’s an American
d) he’s all of the above

( Hahahah so true! xD)

…you like to wrap your hotdog in a cold pancake. ( it's not pancake, ist called Lompe!! )

…you can see mountains and the ocean, no matter where you are ( true true )

…you can’t stand leaving the country because people everywhere else are so nice, it’s annoying. (TRUE!!)

…silence is fun.

…you are more afraid of the Customs than terrorists. (Fuck yes)

…you get your hands on Norwegian chocolate and guard it with your life ( True true, not our fault all other chocolates taste like shit )

…you get a bad conscience because you are inside when it is sunshine

…you don’t fall when walking on ice.

…you expect all dinner parties and meetings to start precisely on time, if not before.

So yeah, as a norwegian, I recognise myself in all of the above, and so did my norwegian co workers too. So there you go, that's how you know you're a norwegian :D
last edited on Apr 13, 2011 at 11:58AM

Alexander Rybak 29 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an Lindaah14 said…
I'm not Norwegian, I can only skate on ice, I'll fall when I walk on it xD And we don't have mountains here xD
il y a plus d’un an MizzMuffin said…
@Linda: Of course we do have mountains in Holland! xD The amazing Vaalserberg which is a motherfucking 323 meters high! xD

And I'm not Norwegian. xD I'm not even close to being it. x'D
last edited il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an smallwolf said…
I have never walked on ice, have never enjoyed snow 'cause I'm from Vietnam. I hope I'll have the chance to visit Norway in the future :)
MizzMuffin: HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH "De drempel van Limburg" xD
And who wraps his hotdog in a cold pancake? xD
il y a plus d’un an rebecca19 said…
I have to try nowegian chocolate if this is the case. The best chocolate in the world to me tht i have tasted is from Belgium,. there chocolate is the most incredible stuff ever and the local ppl who work at the chocolate shops are some of the most friendly and lovliest ppl i have met x

LOVE YOU BELGIUM (need to visit again soon)
il y a plus d’un an Helene17Norway said…
Never try to tell a norwegian that there exist better chocolates than the norwegian Freia one, he'll eat you up :D
il y a plus d’un an annnia said…
when i was in norway, i tasted kvikke lunsj(?)! i liked it.

but i must say i like swiss chocolate the most :)
Kvikk Lunsj is nomnomnomnomnomnomnom, but Freia milk chocolate is the best one of the norwegian kinds :D I also like Stratos :D
is freia almost like swedish 'marabou'? :o or do they even have the same manufacturer? i didn't know it :D
Well no, I have tasted marabou, and they don't taste much similar to Freia, I think Nidar is the one who is similar to Marabou when it comesto taste, cause they taste about the same :D
ah okei, marabou's and freia's wrappers just looked quite similar so i started to wonder.
i couldn't live without marabou :D
I like two of those Marabou thingies :D I think it were one with salt liqorice, and the other one was with this Dumble caramel filling :D Om nomnomnom I need to go to Sweden asap!
i'm not sure what you mean with "salt liqorice"-marabou-thingy.. is it like chocolate bar? because i think it is only marabou-product with salt liqorice that we have here in finland :(
but "dumle" is fazer's brand! if you mean chocolate candies with toffee filling? :D okay i'm kinda tumbled now :DD and talking about chocolate makes me want some of them...
Omg it's Fazer I'm talking about! not Marabou xD Yesyes those two chocolates are from Fazer :D I'm in sweden every summer and I always buy so much candy, since it's half of the price of the norwegian candies :D
Holy fuck I found them on Ebay!! OMG!!!!! *SCREAM*

link

link
SALMIAKKI!!! :DDDD That is so awesome! :D I got it from Sonja :D
okay then :D! now i got what you meant by that salt liqorice filled chocolate! it is also one of my favourites :)
yes norwegian price was a shock for me, especially compared to sweden, which is even cheaper than finland (at least when it comes to candy and chocolate)

\ aaa yeah dumle chocolate! you didnt mean dumle candies. now i figured out it all :D
Yeah, norwegian food prices gets higher every year, while our paychecks doesnt, so that is why norwegians who live east of Norway take their cars and drive to sweden to buy food. It's cheaper that way. I live north now, so I can't go to sweden more than once a year, but next year I am moving to Oslo and then I will take the bus to Sweden(:
yes, it is exactly same with us. people who live in northwest of finland use to go to sweden by car and buy petrol, food and tobacco since it is soo much cheaper there. and it is really easy, because there's one city in northwest of finland that is veery close to sweden, really, only one bridge separates these two lands and it takes like under 5 minutes to go from finland to side of sweden. people living there are lucky and it makes their lives much cheaper, because sweden is really much cheaper when it comes especially to petrol.
Sweden is supercheap, but that is because they have even smaller paychecks than us. That is why half of oslo is sweds by now, they come here to work so they get norwegian paychecks.
yeah, it sounds logical. :)
il y a plus d’un an s0nja said…
I can regonize some of those things in myself since some of them are similar to the stereotype of Finland :D Yes, I'm guarding my Freia :D I got it from Helene :D It's omnomnomnomnom :D and ofc. I love Fazer and Marabou! <3 I usually don't fall while walking on ice and yes, in Finland people think that you're drunk if you randomly smile at a stranger on the street xD :PPP So I can say that I have something Norwegian in me... Or? xD :D
Yes you can! :D But then again, you're also a tiny bit swedish, and sweds are norways brothers ( even though, we still hate you for letting the germans in to norway under ww2 xD )
il y a plus d’un an s0nja said…
xDDDDD Yeah, I am :D, but believe me, many people in Finland hates Swedes because of what happened in th 14th century -.- xD :PPP and the Germans kinda fooled us during WW2... I guess >.< xD
il y a plus d’un an FaiiRyTaLe said…
@Helene; about the chocolate... WHAT ABOUT MILKA?!?!?!?!?! AND THE SERBIAN CHOCOLATES I SENT YOU?!?!?!?!?! -.-''''''' !!!!!
They're good, but they doesn't beat the norwegian chocolate! -.-
il y a plus d’un an FaiiRyTaLe said…
pffffffffft -.-'''''''''''''' !!!!!
il y a plus d’un an rebecca19 said…
Still have to say i am a belgium girl, to me they have the best chocolate ever its incredible. To be honest i just love belgium in general, prrb my fave country to visit x
il y a plus d’un an Ninouchka said…
laugh.. who does not know that Belgian chocolate is the best
in the world?!!