Across the Universe sadie & jojo

XpsychotickissX posted on Oct 17, 2007 at 08:48PM
while watching the movie i realized teh charector jojo was based off of jimi hendrix, but what i didnt realize is taht sadie is based off of janis joplin. is it just me or is it weird taht the jimi hendrix charector & the janis joplin charactor were in love?

Across the Universe 12 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an yeahisawsparks said…
I thought it was pretty obvious Sadie was a version of Janis just from her voice alone! :)
But no, it didn't seem weird to me that they were in love, it's not like the movie was insinuating Janis and Jimi were in love in real life or anything.
il y a plus d’un an marissa said…
i think the actress that played sadie actually played janis in another movie.
i was pretty sure she was supposed to be based on her.

i dont think it was that odd that she and jojo were tegether.
i think its cute :)
il y a plus d’un an XpsychotickissX said…
i was listening to the soundtrack & my mom came in & i think it was Don't Let Me Down playing or something, but she really thought it was Janis
il y a plus d’un an Lorie said…
This is not a reply but I thought I would add that the name JoJo probably came from the song,"Get Back" I read one time that Linda McCartney's first husband was name Joe and Paul wrote that song with him in mind.
ya Jojo was from get back, sadie was from sexy sadie, jude from hey jude(obviously), max from maxwells silver hammer, lucy from lucy in the sky with diamonds, prudence from dear prudence, and if you watch teh movie carefully, there are many beatles references
il y a plus d’un an jzweig1 said…
This is like...In the beginning when the mentioned 64 from "when im 64" also when prudence first came in she said shes from nowhere "Nowhere man"
il y a plus d’un an jzweig1 said…
I would also like to add when prudence came in " She came in through the bathroom window"
il y a plus d’un an HeyJude said…
I think that JoJo and Sadie are just Perfect together
ya they r :)
il y a plus d’un an mypersonalsun said…
They're my favorite couple...I just can't warm up to Lucy and Jude for some reason.
Max/Jude I could have worked with :)
lol mypersonalsun
il y a plus d’un an SpanksU said…
I loved it when Sadie said to Max "For all I know you could have killed your grandma with a hammer" hahaha