- There is a robot who speaks Mandarin all the time. He's Cybertronian in origin.
- Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg)
is very protective of Tessa Yeager (Nicola Peltz)
because of the loss of his wife.
- Shane (Jack Reynor)
is an Irish race car driver and is Tessa’s boyfriend despite the "No Dating" rule par Cade.
- Shane saves both Cade and Tessa's lives very early in the movie and gains the trust of the Yeagers.
- Cade Yeager and Optimus Prime become best friends. They both live with their own code of ethics.
- Cade must make a choice between his life and his daughter's where Optimus must make a choice between doing the right thing what must be done and the safety of his own life.
- Li Bingbing's character is an owner of a very special "Factory" in China.
- Third act of the movie takes place entirely in Hong Kong.
- A conference is attacked and the officials call for help from a special group of individuals.