Always running off to the mall to stock up on plus candles? Can't get enough of that candle ambiance for your slumber parties? ou maybe you're just looking for a cool, unique gift to give to your buds? Well, I'm here to help you!
Candle Making Supplies:
Sheets of beeswax (approximately 16 x 8 inches)
How to Make Rolled Candles:
1. If the beeswax toi are working with is rolled, gently unroll it. If it's stiff, ou cracks while unrolling, soften it par warming it with the hair dryer set on low.
2. Lay a piece of wick along one of the short edges of the beeswax sheet and roll it up. And voila! toi have yourself a nice straight thick candle.
How to Make Tapered ou Striped Candles:
1. Lay a piece of wick along a short edge and firmly fold the wax over it. Now squeeze it together. The wax is slightly sticky, so this is easier than it sounds. Begin rolling the candle, making sure that it is tightly rolled and as even as toi can make it.
2. When toi have finished rolling all the wax, run the hair dryer over it to mold the edges together just a bit, and soften the bottom so that toi can give it a nice flat smooth surface.
3. Because toi cut your beeswax sheet in half, toi will end up with a pair of matched candles. And if toi want toi can lay different colored beeswax sheets, one on haut, retour au début of the other, before toi start rolling. This will give toi a funky layered, striped candle set.
How to Make Flat Candles:
1. Begin par unrolling a sheet of beeswax. Choose a cool shaped cookie cutter (like fish, stars ou flowers) and cut out an even number of shapes from your sheet of wax. 12 to 16 pieces should be good.
2. Divide your pile of shapes in half. One at a time, put one piece on haut, retour au début of another and squish them together. Just make sure that they are firmly stuck together.
3. When toi have squished half of your shapes together, lay your wick on haut, retour au début of the shapes and continue to squish the rest of the wax pieces onto your candle, trapping the wick between the two thick layers of wax pieces.
4. Occasionally heat it with the hair dryer, this will help the wax stick together.
5. When you're done, trim the wick and set your candle upright. Don't be shy about making your candles. Mix the couleurs of wax toi use and try lots of different cookie cutter shapes. These make great gifts for Friends and even better additions to your own bedroom!
That's all! Now it's up to you! Make your candles with your friends!