posted by LisaForde2
But when the 00s came around Disney just wasn't the same for me anymore. They produced crap movies,terrible shows on Disney Channel(excluding Good Luck Charlie) and it just Lost its potential. In 2007 though Il était une fois came out and I loved that movie but the plus times I watched it,I just Lost interest in it,but still its one of my favourite films of all time. FINALLY in 2008 Disney gave us Bolt and that was a great movie too.
But in 2009 DIsney finally gave us a 2D animated film called Princes & The Frog. Now this was a good film par all means but it didn't have that DIsney magic like the rest of the DIsney movies.
But in 2011 (where im from even though the film im gonna talk about is 3 years old this mois in November) there was one film that I had to put in as my all time favourite Disney movie and film overall....and that was Rapunzel.. ou as the House Of souris crew called it Tangled.
SO people might be asking me why is this your favourite movie of all time,what is so good about this film,blah blah blah. Well lets dive in as im gonna break it down in order.
Alright so the animation in this film is brilliant. I l’amour how its vibrant and colorful one minute and dark and depressing in another part of the film also I l’amour how the charcthers are so realistic looking,almost like humans. One example in the film that really made me l’amour the animation was the lantern scene and par GOD it was so exquisite.
2) The story: Now I know that the story has been done to death but let me just say that the story that goes with this film is brilliant. Sure it starts off a bit slow and then it gets super fast but who cares there is just something about this story that a person can relate to. toi feel the charcther's pain and emotions,you get carried away par the actual story of a girl being trapped and never seeing the real world before,this cute guy who acts like a total asshole enters her life,they take their time to fall in love,I kept saying to myself in my head,brilliant,brilliant,brilliant, YES I know The Little Mermaid was good too but this is a TON of a lot better than TLM.
3) The voice actors: Mandy Moore really nailed on this movie. Sure she stars in alot of mediocre films and she's no Oscar winning actress,but this ex pop starlet was terrific as Rapunzel. She brought so much energy into her and toi gotta l’amour her chant and speaking voice.She really sounds like an 18 an old than a 29 an old.But one actor that REALLY made me blow my socks off was Zachary Levi.
Now firstly I am not a fan of his,until I seen this movie,I didn't see Chuck before seeing this movie,I saw him in Big Momma's House 2 years il y a and had NO idea who the stud was. But in this film he was fucking hilarious I mean GOD every line he says it cracks me up,especially when he says " Here comes the smoulder" NOW that was comedy at its best.
Also I l’amour how he played a BIG part in this movie and part of me thinks that the story is about him and Rapunzel,but about him overall.
As for the rest of the voice jouer la comédie there all great too.
4) The songs: I l’amour the song I See The Light,because its so romantic and so cute and toi gotta l’amour Levi and Moore's chemistry in this scene cause they really make their charcthers fall in l’amour with each other. As for the rest of the songs their great too especially the pub song I've Got A Dream.COME ON its got Alan Menken doing the score for Christ sakes.
5) The plot:(sorta positive and negative feedback but this doesn't mean I hate the film see about on my title) Alright so the plot of this film is actually great. Its easy to understand it but for the kids I find it to be the most darkest,depressing and serious films of all time since The Hunchback Of Notre Dame. The reason why parts of it is depressing is because Rapunzel is cooped up in a tower her WHOLE DAMN LIFE and she longs to see the floating lanterns, Later in the film Eugene dies and that just broke my cœur, coeur in half literally as a 22 an old woman who grew up watching Disney movies.
But still the plot is as good as the story.
6) The Sidekicks: Gotta l’amour the horse and the chameleon. Why?? Because they say nothing and their expressions crack me up.
7) The chemistry between Rapunzel & Eugene is brilliant. I swear I l’amour how there is none of this bull**** about true l’amour and oh I l’amour toi and l’amour toi too nonsense. Its gotta do with body language and toi can feel their emotions and their wants and needs and seeing Eugene & Rapunzel together puts a smile on my face(even though I never had a boyfriend) but still I l’amour watching them fall in l’amour and taking each step slowly and steady. Now if this didn't win people over then screw those who hate Tangled.
global, ensemble Raiponce is definetly the best Disney movie I have seen in a long time. Does it look like a Disney movie; NO it doesn't it looks like Pixar with the animation and style,does it beat The Lion King NO it doesn't but is it the best movie ever and ranks No #1 ON my liste F*** YEAH. I LOVED this movie,its like watching my old school Disney films again.
It was charming,sweet,silly (a bit),depressing(well its Rapunzel DUH her life is depressing i'd hate to stay locked in a tower forever and ever amen), romantic,a bit of a tearjearker(yeah I cried at a kids movie SO WHAT). But for what it is Raiponce is an entertaining film and for that I have to give it a 10/10 and outta 5 ah heck its a 5 out of 5 for me.
I loved every single aspect in this movie even though the highlight WAS the lantern scene.I have seen this movie 39 times before and i'll be watching this one forever and ever again.
Sure im the only one in my household who loves this film as my mom hates it and my grandmother but do toi know what if toi l’amour it toi l’amour it if not than CLEARLY toi are missing out BIG TIME.
Verdict: Raiponce is a movie that focuses on being who toi are and being free. It will have your whole family entertained and its definetly the best Disney movie of all time after The Lion King.
Its a 10 out of 10