Stargate Universe D toi Think It Will Last?

Pallister posted on Dec 03, 2009 at 11:46PM
I have been very impressed with direction and quality of SGUthus far. With saying that I have been very upset though however with the way alot of people were expecting carbon copy clones of the predecessors SG1 and SGA. No matter how much I loved both shows and believe SGA got the axe much to premature within that part of the SG universe. But people need to give this show the chance it well deserves or we will loose another great show. And this willl make me very disappointed and sad. Lets learn our lesson from the Star Trek universe and do not let SGU become another "Enterpise"!

Stargate Universe 2 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an DaveX said…
So you are only on this group & a new member to fan pop plus you are the lone positive voice let me gues you work for MGM or Sy Fy? like most of the rest of the positive voices for this DULL show!
il y a plus d’un an Oenc said…
sad
I was not expecting to see carbon copies. I wanted to see what new things they could come up with and they severly fell short. The only character that doesn't annoy me is Eli because he is the geek in me and has all that pop culture references that make me smile and engaged.

I find the show developing slowly in both pace and character development and for sci-fi its certainly depressing and stagnant.

The character developments are weak and further insights into their lives do not show us anything new about their personalities neither does it reinforce it. The only character that seems to be developing, though slowly, is Eli. Perhaps he is the most succesful character because he is almost like a representation of the characters found in the shows predecessors.

SGU can be great but I fear that in the hands of the current directors and producers it falls short of brilliant. Perhaps because they are more accustomed to the previous incarnations with their light humour and tight-knit team structures and more room to breath creatively. They have limited themselves sumwhat with SGU and I feel it might do better in the hands of directors who work better with heavy drama's rather than light entertainment.

Though the cinematics are great, the shows basis are those characters on board and the plot relies heavily on them, but I feel they are the weakest link, thus the failings of the show itself. The plots are probably also great but I personally can not get past the dullness and annoyance of the characters. That killed it for me.

I dunno. I started well for me. There was much potential but I got frustrated and annoyed and...bored. :(

I love the basis of the show which is the stargate though and whatever they come up with next, I will give it a shot too.

Stargate Forever!