Soul Eater Chrona's Gender

kawaiiUsagi posted on Jun 18, 2010 at 02:43AM
Seriously, the creators of Soul Eater just bum me out with Chrona's gender. I mean in the japanese version its a he and a she (right?). Yet in the english dub its a boy. So im just thinking why couldnt they just decide on 1 gender?

Soul Eater 17 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an sugarcane15 said…
meh
I think corna is a boy because he looks more like it when he's crazy or scared
il y a plus d’un an xxihatejooxx said…
i think crona is a she.....
il y a plus d’un an cherry_on_top said…
hmmm
Well...in the english anime Crona is a boy, and in the japanesse anime and Manga(both languages) Crona has no gender. For the english anime, the creators just simplified it by saying crona was a boy. You know, if he was a girl, he would be a flat-chested one indeed! XD
il y a plus d’un an BLAMargera123 said…
monkey
hes a dude! come on it aint that hard to just say that
il y a plus d’un an clevercaoimhe said…
he's a guy!!!! a really cute 1........lol ^^
and ya know........he touched maka's panties.
last edited il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an crazywolf23 said…
my friend lulu showed me a picture of Crona on her phone. I thought he was a girl until i saw the episode where he comes in. so i say Crona's gender is "it".
il y a plus d’un an Espeongirl360 said…
Ookubo Atsushi, the writer, says that he doesnt even know what gender Chrona is. It will be a mistery untill he absulutely has to choose a gender for him/her.
*shrugs* by the shape of his/her hips, I'd say she is a flat chested girl.
Starz103 commented…
toi know if a girl is flat chested then that's not good so that means Crona is a guy. il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an otakucircus said…
Of course Crona is a boy. because when he first saw Maka he said he didnt know what to do with her because shes a girl. also girls dont have trouble killing eachother.
il y a plus d’un an lolgirl8670 said…
I think Crona is a boy, in my opinion. But that is just my opinion.
il y a plus d’un an Shadowsign said…
You have got to know the writer only decided to not reveal Crona's gender as to annoy the hell out of the fans. It serves no purpose, except as a source of amusement to chuckle over as we debate.

But yeah, Crona has to be a guy (Girl opinion coming) it's just cuter that way.
il y a plus d’un an animefan587 said…
I think crona is a girl because of this link and Crona said " I don't know how to deal with girls is because crona doesn't know how to deal with a lot of thing. And Crona didn't flip Maka's panties ragnarok made crona do it. Crona is flat chested because crona was lock away without food.
last edited il y a plus d’un an
 I think crona is a girl because of this http://www.zerochan.net/1053963 and Crona a dit " I don't know
il y a plus d’un an mintybunny123 said…
I think crona is an it or someone who you really don't know the gender of. Hope that helps satisfie your curiosity betet! ;)
il y a plus d’un an FullmetalPotter said…
Welll hes supposed to be a girl but there was some major fail in translatin the manga and anime and he ended up a boy in the english version but i think of him as a guy cuz idk he just doesnt seem girly to me
il y a plus d’un an NightFrog said…
Crona's gender, though speculated, was never officially stated. The reason they call Crona "he" in the English version is because they thought it would be insulting to call Crona "it" -they don't know Crona's gender either. Likewise for the Japanese version. There were hints to his gender on both sides, hint to male as well as female. So really, it's not easy to determine.

In my opinion, Crona is genderless. He isn't defined by any official gender, rather, he's just Crona. Personally, I like it that Crona doesn't have a gender. His sex physically is a mystery, but his gender can only be decided upon himself. He probably never really thought about it, which I think is extremely interesting.

Don't ever change, Crona. :D
il y a plus d’un an srslymessedup said…
personally, i like Crona as a boy, i watched the English anime and i just sorta of got used to Crona as a he.
il y a plus d’un an erinhellsing said…
Crona's gender is never specified as a boy or a girl in the manga. But in the anime they say he to make it less confusing.
il y a plus d’un an Starz103 said…
smirk
Crona is a guy. Period. He looks and acts more like one than he does like a girl. It's very hard to imagine him as a girl ever.