Resident Evil The first few games

Trisha_K posted on Jun 16, 2009 at 07:21AM
Hi! I was just wondering if I am the only one who thinks that Capcom has went WAY too far away from the original games?

I loved all of the games up to RE3, and although RE4 is a really great game, I have to say that I miss the old zombies and the creepy back ground music. When I was a little girl I played RE2 for the first time and it scared me so much that I wouldn't sleep in my own bed for a week! RE4 and 5 just don't have that scariness to them. They seem to be more geared towards "adventure" than horror, IMO.

Anyway, I'm new here and I hope to get to meet all of you and share fan art and hear your opinions on Resident Evil stuff.

Trisha:)

Resident Evil 4 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an sandysilva said…
big smile
I agree with you! The Resident Evil franchise has lost its touch on horror. I liked RE5 but, I was disappointed on how it wasn't frightening at all!!
il y a plus d’un an Trisha_K said…
Hi, Sandy! Thanks for your reply. I was so hoping that Sherry (from RE2) would make an appearence in the new RE5, but...oh well. I got bored really quickly with the game and I just can't bring myself to finish it. I find myself going back and playing the older games. I went out and bought a Nintindo game cube just to play RE zero and Remake, and I must say that it was all money well spent! Those games are amazing! I know it will never happen, but I'd love to see a remake of RE2! Which of the older games did you like best?
il y a plus d’un an sandysilva said…
cool
Code Veronica is my favorite out of the older games. I also like Resident Evil 1, since it's the original and it was the first one I played....well sort of, I played 5 minutes of it and I got too scared so, I made my brother play and I watched. Yeah, I bought my friend all the Resident Evils for the Gamecube and the PlayStation and he just loves them!!
il y a plus d’un an MetalFox said…
I totally agree with you. I liked Re4 but people say it's way better than it actually is. Re5 was an exact clone of 4. It even has recycled bosses. Resident Evil 2 will always be my favorite. I loved the storyline. Birkin is my absolute favorite boss of the series. The minigames were so awesome. Tofu Survivor FTW!!!!