jeu de rôle aléatoire Crown of Thorns (Please Join!)

-Universe_COLA- posted on Jun 19, 2016 at 03:17AM
A power for the petty...for the pitiful,
A strength for the weak...the broken,
A path for the lost,
A crown....for the wicked.

*****************************************­

"I....refuse! I will not be made to place my head at the foot of thy lesser creations! To be put to my knees as but a servant in the act of shedding my glory, my righteousness, to THEM! The wingless and fragile! Ones who hath not the privilege to stand in the light of glory. As the one above the many, you dare to mock me with your cause!? To ask me to bow and become forsaken at the feet of they!?"

"They, those whom the love of mine is everlasting for, are my praise in the image but forth. Thus, they came to be in image. Thou art worthy to receive glory and honor and power from I. Hath thy no selflessness?

"Selflessness!?". A word in opposition and question, spat at the holder of the throne in a bitter disgust. "As we were to bring harmonies to the ears of thee!? Are we to lie our heads to the soil in praise of inferiority!? If that shall be thy's truth, then the power of thee has right in my hands! Thy crown belongs upon my head! ‘I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of HIM; I will sit on the mount of assembly on the heights of Zaphon; I will ascend to the tops of the clouds, I will make myself like the Most High!--". Thus, the most beautiful light of them all that rested above the stars, was banished to a sphere of blue and green where life was given to beings known as....man. It's light twisted and darkened in its fall, and in its falling, one-third of the purest of stars fell all the same.
----

Wicked. Deceptive. Corruptive. Envious. Prideful. Rebellious. Vengeful. A serpent crept into the light of paradise, a land where mankind were to be shepherds to all beasts. And there, serpent found the creation that belittled his existence. There, corruption began.

"Did the Highest One really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"

And to the serpent's words, a woman answered. "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but the Highest One did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

[i]“You will not certainly die, for He knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like Him, knowing good and evil.”

-
“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring[a] and hers;
he will crush your head, break your crown,
and you will strike his heel.”

-
Billions of years ago, the Earth was created. Billions of years ago, the stars above the stars fell to Earth and with them, an evil that humanity now bares.
----

[Plot]:
A myth almost exists among humanity that there is a artifact that can grant the unimaginable. One that has been in the hands of many. Kings and queens, presidents, and many more. A crown of thorns. THE, Crown of Thorns. A crown said to be one of corruption and pride. Deception. One of power and greed. A crown that was said to contain a fraction of Hell itself. But overall, a crown that gives a unfathomable power to whoever's head it is sat upon. It's been said to contain the ability to grant any and all desires. A power that is craved. This power has made its mark in history permanent through the many years. Now the whereabouts of this artifact is unknown in this age, but there is said to be secrets to finding it. Locations in codes that have yet to be revealed. But even if this myth is just that, there has been recent rumors of the crown itself actually existing, and myth or not, the price that it holds in currency is well enough worth the find. The search for this artifact is a journey indeed, but in whose hands will it fall into?

*Note*: Adventurers, archaeologists, and even some higher authorities and organizations are in search of this artifact. To some, it is definitely something to kill for. There are also "unnatural forces" in search for it, so keep an eye out! (Yes, both Angels AND Demons will have a role in this!)
*****************************************­**

[Character Sheet]

Name:

Age/Date of Birth:

Height:
Weight:
Eye Color:
Hair Color:

Personality:

Occupation?(optional):
Reasons/Motives for your search?:
Biography:
-----------------------------------------­

**RULES**
1. No god modding: I would prefer a person's character to not be invincible and or untouchable. It makes things rather bland.

2. Cooperation: I enjoy building a good and interesting story with people, and from experience I can say that no one likes to be left hanging. SO, to prevent that, cooperation is always needed. Discussions involving with certain parts of the plot will be included.

3. Character Death: Death is something to be expected of course. You don't go to a horror movie and expect no one to die do you? Further more, its an everyday thing, so I'd advise having more than one character to commit to plot. And no, no one may kill off anyone else's character without permission or discussion first.

4. The Crown of Thorns: This....well, this is going to be something very big. (To Be Revealed.)

5. Content: For progression's sake, I don't exactly encourage one sentence, or "one liners" unless it's absolutely, positively inevitable because I...write alot. So atleast three sentences minimum.

(That's all I guess. But there will be an update to these rules if need be.)

'

[i]A power for the petty...for the pitiful, A strength for the weak...the broken, A path for the L
last edited on Jun 19, 2016 at 03:46AM

jeu de rôle aléatoire 169 réponses

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 51-100 of 169

il y a plus d’un an BanetteGhosneir said…
"You can call me a Liar all you want, but you think i WANT to be in the middle of nowhere?"
Greed cut the Bandage and tied it around itself.
"Whether you believe me or not doesn't change facts... I'm a horrible pilot, and cause of it i've been stuck here for weeks, dunno about Arty, but i didn't have much choice being here."

Greed packed up the kit, and placed it on the ground beside the cars left wheel.
"I used alot of the bandage cause that's a big cut, needs pressure to stop the bleeding, so try not to itch it. and enough about me, feel like i'm being interrogated again. what about you 2? why're you 2 in the middle of nowhere"
il y a plus d’un an -Universe_COLA- said…
"To make a short story shorter, I was driving, my car decided to be an ass and along comes the hotpocket semi-midget that is traveling by foot as well obviously, to be brief. I was just in the middle of doin' the ol' "fixer upper" routine basically." Myles answered with a shrug. "But ya know what? I'm really not the type of person to just straight up judge a book that I'm just starting to read, so despite the fact that you're a thief, still a horrible liar and have a badass hoodie, you can catch a ride to town since it seems like the three of us are basically heading in the same direction. Aaaaand score one for logical reasoning."

Even though she literally had told him not to scratch at the bandage a few seconds ago, he almost found himself itching at it anyways but was able to not do so. He hopped of the hood from his sitting position and opened it back up. "So is it also necessary that you carry around all of the school-nurse stuff too?" He asked to keep a conversation going. By this time, Bon Jovi's "Dead or Alive" song was halfway through to the end. He knelt and grabbed one of the smaller wrenches along with the pliers as he prepared to start the quick repair again.
last edited il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an Kat-chan said…
"Stop with the semi-midget stuff." Artemis grumbled, almost to herself. Honestly, she was already starting to get used to it, but he didn't need to know that.

She turned her gaze to Greed. She was pretty curious about this other girl. Personally, she bought the 'thief' stuff entirely. She seemed like that kind of person. Then again, that wasn't exactly the kind of thing you confessed to near-strangers. So why did she tell them? And Myles raised a good point too; what was she doing walking around with a bunch of first aid supplies. It just seemed kind of odd.
Greed could easily explain the lies, she had stolen similar stuff before but she was caught off guard entirely with the first aid... how the hell should she explain to them without telling of the curse....
"First Aid Kit was one of the few things i could salvage from the plane, only resource i hadn't needed to use"

Greed put her hands in her pockets.
"Well, your story checks out, sadly to check mine you gotta wander here for a few days. what about you Arty?"
Greed turn to look at Artemis
"Why're you walkin'... people after you too?... You've got the look in your eye"
"What? I can help it if it's true. What doya want me to do? Start calling you Goliath or somethin? Because you'd be at his knee height wise. At least you're not a semi-dwarf right?" Myles threw out one last joke before he leaned back down to the engine, maneuvering his hands and arms passed the cooling, but still likely to be heated, metal.

It took him only a few seconds for him to be able to gain a grip on the serpentine belt with the pair of pliers but of course that was only the simple part at the moment, mainly because after the car had been started up the belt itself managed to sling itself a little more off track than it formerly was. Yes, it would mean that it would take him a little more time than he previously needed, but the bright side was that at least the damn thing didn't break off completely or damage anything. Listening to 'Greed' take a crack at asking more questions kept him on focusing with multitasking. But hearing her last few words, he had to stop a laugh of disbelief from escaping.
Artemis' eyes widened slightly at Greed's question. How had she known? No, she didn't want them to know who was after her. She desperately didn't want them to know whose daughter she was. There were too many things that could go wrong.

She shook her head. "There's no one 'after me'. Why would you think someone's after me? I just need to find something, and since I don't have a car, I'm walking. That's all."

Way to play it cool, Artemis. That was a mess. She really was terrible at lying, but she panicked. It was the best she could do.
Greed stared at her, her reaction only helped tell more, but Greed wouldn't pry.
"sure? you got a look in yer' eye i've seen before, but if you say so"
the main reason Greed didn't whunna pry, is cause this human said she was 'looking for something', whenever a human looks for something it's never good for Greed.
"Thanks for the lift by the by. I'm not a car expert so sorry i can't help much, but i can do a bunch other stuff"
"Not a problem! Actually, the company goes good with the music anyways so why the hell not?" Myles spoke, pulling at the belt with the pliers. "Aaalll....most....." He gave a small grunt as he tugged at the belt with the pliers. "If anything, I'm actually on the look out for somethin myself." He added as he successfully reconnected a section to its rightful place. "Another thing is that whoevers lookin for ya, you won't have to worry much with me behind the wheel. So consider it handled--FUCK!!" He exclaimed loudly to himself suddenly and pulled back for a moment. "Son of a...." He went through the tool box for a third time and pulled out a longer wrench. "Ha-ha! This'll work!" Going back down towards the engine, all that could be heard from under the hood was a few clinks. In under a minute, he straightened himself and dropped the tools back into the box with a small accomplished grin, wiping his gloves against his jeans. He looked over to Artemis. "Alright, we're in business. Give a crank."
Artemis looked to Myles uncertainly. She didn't want to repeat her last mistake. But he definitely wanted her to start up the car, and he seemed pretty sure that it would work. Nodding, she hopped back into the driver's seat. At least now she wouldn't have to embarass herself trying to answer another question. She gave the other two one last look before turning the key.
At first, the car began to make a sort of downbeat cranking noise as if it were to be uncertain about wanting to start up by ignition or not. But with an "Oh really?" and a kick to its side from Myles, it finally made the right decision and the roar of its engine came to life, reducing to a smooth intimidating purr of grace. A grin came across Myles's face, revealing a set of clean teeth and naturally pointed canines. "WOO! Now we're talkin'!" He slammed the hood shut and gave a thumbs up to Artemis from the other side of the windshield. He went around to where Artemis was in the driver's seat and reached across to hit a button that opened up the trunk. "Good work." He complimented with a wink before going back to the front and collecting his tools. Making his way around to the trunk, he pulled off his gloves (first the right, then the left) and grabbed the radio from the roof of the car before storing all three items into the trunk. Turning off the radio, he pushed it back into its place among the numerous scattered CDs and stored the toolbox off to the side.

Finally, he could get back on the road again! Not only that, but WITH company for the time being. He was just itching to see what those documents were about, and what better way to do that than with a greasy bite to eat. Which reminded him to retrieve the paper bag with his burger in it from the roof of the car. There was going to be no way he was leaving that. "Alright 'Greed', hop in! It's time to roll!"
Artemis made a face as she saw Myles retrieve some greasy wrapped food. Ew. She hated greasy food. And storing it on the roof of his car could not be sanitary.

She got back out of the car, leaving the driver's side door open for Myles. Then she retieved her bag from the ground and circled around to the passenger's side, getting in once more. Finally, they could get moving.
Greed hopped in the backseat of the car with the first aid kit too., closing the door behind her.
"Nice car"
Greed remembered the first time cars were invented, barely any on the street and now they're everywhere.
"so, Arty, where ya from?"
out of her pocket greed pulled some canned beans, the curse obviously gave it to her, but she'd have to open it herself.
"I was born in California." Artemis responded with a shrug. "I was more-or-less raised here in Kansas though." She had done a lot of moving around when she was younger, thought they always seemed to be coming back here. She wasn't sure why; maybe her parents were just fond of the area?
"I know." Myles responded to 'Greed's' compliment as he plopped down into the front seat and closed the door behind him. As soon as he flipped on the radio, the iconic "Bodies Hit the Floor" by Drowning Pool came on and a unusual smirk coming to his lips. Most people that knew him personally called it the "speed demon's smile". He even started to chuckle a little as his hand placed itself on the gear lever. But then he paused for a moment and glanced over at Artemis. "Hey, mind liftin your buttocks and handing me those documents that you're sitting on? They must be soft eh?" But before she could even answer, he shifted the gears from neutral and mashed down on both the gas and brake pedals to do a quick burnout. "Hope you gals like rockets. SEAT BELTS!!" With a broader smirk, despite not having his own seat belt on, he eased his foot from the brakes and the entire car shot forward, picking up speed rather quickly as the momentum started to build.
Greed wasn't expecting the sudden start, but she put on the seatbelt and managed to sit normally, she kinda enjoyed the jerk ride, considering other vehicles she'd ridden.
though the can of beans she was holding slipped out and went forward, landing by Artemis' feet.
"Crap... hey Myles, how 'bout you? where ya' from?"
BanetteGhosneir commented…
I'm gunna stop after this one, i have work to do. il y a plus d’un an
-Universe_COLA- commented…
Noted! il y a plus d’un an
Artemis turned bright red at Myles' comment, though she didn't have time to respond before his sudden exclamation. She scrambled to pull the documents out from under her then fastened her seatbelt just as they took off. She gripped the documents as if for dear life as they steadily gained speed. "I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be going this fast." she stated, glancing over to Myles, almost sounding worried.

She noticed the can of beans that had rolled up to her feet. Where had that come from? She hadn't noticed it in the car earlier, though it wouldn't have surprised her to find out that it was Myles'. She leaned down and picked it up.
"I'm from the Top City aka Topeka Kansas!" Myles said before his attention turned to Artemis. "You're right, I should be going ALOT faster!" He grinned and mashed the pedal to the floor, switching into the second gear as he did so. It was practically a straight road, so speed wasn't a problem. "No worries, the authorities here know better than to try and keep up with me! Which means they'll be eatin this DUST! And I'm pretty sure they should be tired of that," He laughed. The car gained to a good eighty-five miles per hour, and the needle itself seemed to be aiming for something higher. This was what made him deem this car the best in all of Kansas, and it was all...thanks to his father. He was damn right proud of it.
Artemis bit back a yelp of surprize at the sudden gain in speed. She dropped the can and gripped the underside of her seat. Sure, it was a pretty straight road, but this was still ridiculous. She leaned back in her seat, catching a glimpse of the speedometer as she did. "Oh my God." she murmured to herself. Then, to Myles, adding, "Do you realize that if you crash, we're all going to die?"
Kat-chan commented…
I'm actually going to lit now. I'll be back tomorrow. il y a plus d’un an
-Universe_COLA- commented…
Ironically, I'll be doing the same thing. Good night! And get plenty of rest! il y a plus d’un an
"Crash!? HAH! Fat chance of that happenin'! When you know your car, you push it to the limit! The only thing that I've ever crashed in my entire life is....well, life ironically!" He gave a half laugh at his own self-insulting joke. Mostly because it was true. He hadn't exactly had the best of a life growing up, or even before he ever started college. The road that he had to take to get where he was now was more than rough; It was broken and covered in bullshit prints for the most part. But laughing about it is was helped him cope, and that was something that was sure to never change as long as he could help it. "First rule about cars is: DRIVE FAST AS HELL IN THEM WHEN YOU CAN!"
Artemis glanced over to Myles in half-confusion, half-concern at his statement about crashing his life. She likely would have asked what he had meant if it wasn't for the fact that he immediately started yelling about going fast again. She shook her head. "Pretty sure that isn't an actual rule of the road." she mumbled, almost to herself.
"Course it ain't... I thought Americans were all about freedom and stuff like that"
Greed joked.
"Hey, arty, didja see a can o' beans up front?"
"Hm? Oh, you mean this?" Artemis questioned, passing the can back to Greed. "Is it yours?" she asked, confused. She was quite sure Greed hadn't had the can when she joined them. Where had she gotten it from?
Greed nodded.
"Ta, yeah the can's mine, was in my pocket, fell out when Speedy over there decided to kick the gas."
Greed took the can from Artemis.

Greed saying 'Ta' was a little habit she formed, when she came into the human realm she started off in Aus, though this was quite a long time ago she had left the island and wandered the world, and came back once it became civilized by humanity. she got into the habit of a bit of aussie speech.

"You hungry Arty?"
Artemis shook her head slightly. "Not particularly." she said with a small smile. "Besides, I suspect that if I tried to eat, Speedy Gonzales over here would just make me sick." she added somewhat jokingly, nodding towards Myles. She glanced back to Greed. "You're Australian?" she questioned curiously.
Greed was expecting them to ask, it wa normal for humans to ask that sorta thing, which is why she did it to them before
"Yep, i may not look it, but I'm a good ol' Aussie"
well hey, what's the difference between Aus and Hell? everything wants ya dead, blazing hot and nothing for miles, i don't see much difference at all.
I'ma sleep now il y a plus d’un an
g'night il y a plus d’un an
Myles seemed to be caught up in a trance of speed as he shifted the stick into third gear. Even so, he was able to still catch bits and pieces of 'Greed' and Artemis's exchange of words in throughout their conversation and of course, he liked the "Speedy Gonzales" comment from "Arty". "Ah, so you're from Australia? Niiice. So what's it like over there compared to Kansas?" He asked.

The city was coming more into view fast, especially with the speed he was going at. The speed meter had kicked up to 84 miles per hour and as they got closer, he decided to slow down a bit to finally remove his burger from the paper bag. He could feel his stomach becoming agitated with the lack of not doing what he was planning on doing, which was eating that damn burger! At the same time, his mind was still itching to get to those documents but he at least could make time for that.
"Which parts? I've been all over, Queensland is Flood after flood, Sydney despite the population feels entirely empty, the central area feels about the same, here the heat's tryin' ta' kill me, there the heat and about anythin' that moves is tryin' ta' kill me. i haven't been to Kansas' city yet so i can't compare it to any Aussie Cities."

Greed tapped the top of the can, she wished she had a knife.

"Good part about good ol' Aus, if you're a criminal you'll blend in well, you'll feel at home"
"And if not? I guess that's one place that I won't be going then...." Myles mumbled. His foot eased down on the brakes slowly, bringing what was once the almost 85 miles per hour speed down to the 50's. "So this basically means that YOU, haven't been to Top City yet."

"So what brought you all the way from Aussie? Crime rate? Money problems? Stole from the wrong person?" He asked. Because if anything, a trip from Australia all the way to Kansas was one hell left foot forward.
"is 'All of the above' an option mate? cause you better tick it then"
Greed didn't want to include that there are quite some people wanting her dead.
"Hey, Arty, we barley know a thing of ya', tell us somethin' 'boutcha"
Artemis, who had relaxed somewhat now that the car was going at a more reaasonable speed, glanced back at Greed's request. "Hm? Oh, well, there's really not much to tell. What do you want to know?"
Just as soon as Artemis asked what they wanted to know, the first question on the top of Myles's mind came out. "What is it that you're lookin for exactly?" He asked, not bothering to hide the curiosity behind the question. "Like I said before, it must be damn important if its got you walkin' around out here. Maybe I can help in some way."
"Nothing." Artemis blurted instinctively. She silently scolded herself for the response. She should have thought this through properly. "Um, well, I mean, obviously not nothing. Just...um...it's kind of a long story."
"Eh, works for me then." Myles said, taking his hands off the wheel to unwrap his burger. At least he was keeping his eyes on the road right? "Well, good luck on finding "obviously not nothing". You know, I think I saw a bunch of "obviously not nothing" back a few miles back in the other direction." He joked, laughing a little. "But hell...I can't blame you. I'm actually on the look out for somethin' myself." He grabbed the documents. "And hopefully these are going to give me a few pointers." He took a bite of the burgers and put the documents off to the side so he could keep driving as a priority. Speaking of priorities, he was going to have to check the news for any breakthroughs. He knew that if there were to be one, all of the information about it wouldn't exactly be put out there. However, he had connections that could help him out with information here and there. And if worst came to worst, then he would atleast have a trump card or two.
Artemis' eyes nearly popped out of her head when she saw Myles let go of the wheel. "Are you insane?!" she hissed, nearly grabbing at the wheel herself, but managing not to. That would probably just make it worse. She sighed, glancing over to Myles and wrinkling her nose at the sight of the burger. She hated greasy food. "And what are you looking for, if I'm allowed to ask." she questioned.
"Shomethin hat mwight shange my life--" Myles answered with a shrug and a mouth full of hamburger, cheese, tomatoes and pickles. He chewed a few more times before swallowing it down. "But at the moment, I can't go into much detail, reasons being that I know little to jackshit about what I'm lookin for." He handled the steering wheel with one hand now, taking another bite of the burger. After chewing once or twice, he spoke again. "Most people doubt its real, but I say fuck it. With where I'm at in life right now, givin' it a shot is the only option I got."
Artemis was silent. That sounded an awful lot like the same thing she was looking for. And if they were both looking for the Crown, would that make them allies or enemies?
"If this all works out like I'm lookin' for to it doin'..." There was a pause, and then he smiled. "I'm gonna change everything." Even with his words only having a small insight, they carried the confidence of someone who didn't have anything else to lose. Someone who had confidence in what they were able to do no matter what was thrown in front of them. Someone...who wasn't going to throw in the towel no matter how hard he had to struggle.
Artemis bit her lip, glancign over to Myles. He sounded pretty determind to find whatever it was he was looking for. And she was becoming more and more convinced that he was looking for the Crown. "What if someone else finds what you're looking for first?" she asked cautiously.
Greed wasn't liking what she was hearing at all.
and the fact she saw a newspaper clipping in those documents about the crown only made it worse.
this human was after the crown. Greed knew she needed to avoid him incase he asks for assistance.
"Well, I was called a loony but lookit here, got 1 of em in a car, lookin' for somethin' he doesn't know shit about"

Greed had enough of this irritating can, she bit right into the metal top, breaking it open.
"Ya got a spoon upfront?"
"No spoons here, just a bunch of burger papers."
Myles grinned a little at Artemis's question. "That's not happenin...", he says, "Yeah, there are probably people with way better equipment and resources trying to take a bite at the same thing but..." His grip on the steering wheel tightened for a moment as he took another bite from his burger, chewing it thoroughly then swallowing. "They're all a bunch of goddamn animals who don't know what its like to have absolutely nothing." His usual joking outlook seemed to die down, replacing itself with a much more serious side of himself. "If it's one thing that I know, it's that there are alotta bullshit people in this world. They don't care about anyone but themselves. And I ain't gonna sit by and let someone get their hands on a life changer that they're just gonna fuck up." He sneered. "When it comes down to a person throwing what little he has left away, there's no telling what could happen. So if someone were to find it first then...I dunno. I can't afford to think about the "what ifs". I just know that I have to get to it before they do in order to see the hopeless smile. Plain and simple."
Artemis couldn't make herself sleep. He was definitely talking about the Crown; there was no doubt in her mind. And he was serious about finding it too. Which was probably bad news for her. "Well,I...good luck with the search." she managed to force herself to say with a strained smile.
Luck. The word itself sort of rung through his head for a moment and he glanced over at her. "Yeah, same to yo--" Myles stopped in mid-sentence and gave the steering wheel a sharp turn to the left, causing the car to react in a similar manner as he managed to stop some asshole from stealing a parking space that he was about to turn into. There were a few honks of a horn, but that didn't mean anything to him because to him, it wasn't his problem. That and it gave him something to laugh about as he finished off his lunch.

The car was parked in a space where a few stores were visible off to the right and a cafe/library hybrid store was off to the left, accompanied by one or two empty store buildings that weren't being put to use for anything at the time and a apartment building. The sidewalks were busy with people walking dogs, chatting in groups, citizens heading off to work, etc. Myles decided that waiting to see what the documents contained was something his anticipation couldn't wait for. "Alright, so I need to grab a few things. Anything you short people want? Coffee? Somethin' to eat?" He looked in the rear view mirror. "Cuz I don't think that's how opening cans work...And now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure all of the walking you two have done so far has worked up an appetite because I, for one, am starving. And I just ate!"
Artemis shrugged. She actually was getting kind of hungry. "I could go for a quick bite." she relented, unbuckling her seatbelt and twisting to see Greed. "You?"
Greed was busy eating the beans from the can, till all of the beans were gone.
"Ya sure you don't open cans like this?"
she asked, climbing out of the car with the can and it's lid, she didn't want to litter Myles' car

"Yeah, I could use a coffee, I hope I've still got some money in my account"
Greed looked to Artemis
"I'll follow Arty, I ain't ever been here before, don't feel like gettin' lost"
"No worries with buyin' anything, it's all on me." Myles says, grabbing the documents. "And are you sure that you're being hunted down and that you didn't just get lost in a crowd or somethin'? Cuz being that short has to have its perks in crowds ya know?" He laughed a little as he turned the keys and made his exit from the driver's seat, closing the door behind him and storing the car keys in his back pocket. Pausing for a moment to stretch, he looked down the street to the left and right before balling up the paper bag and tossing it off. Hell, he was done with it anyways so it wasn't his problem anymore right? "The coffee here is actually pretty damn good to be honest. Score one for Kansas!" And with that, he started to make his way towards the cafe/library across the street. It was finally time to get started with some extra research.
-----------------------

(I think I'll be hitting the hay right about now. Goodnight!)
Artemis followed Myles towards the cafe, frowning. "You really don't have to, you know." she insisted. "I don't know about Greed, but I, at least, can pay for myself."
"Hey, a chivalrous criminal, fancy. I'll know if I need his chivalry when I check my account"
Greed stated, following them.
she knew she should avoid them, but currently they were her only source of directions in an unknown maze
"Oh come on, does chivalry really make me a criminal?" Myles gave a toothy grin. "Besides, I'm far from chivalrous if ya ask me. More like the kind hearted douche you'd find getting wasted at the bottom of a bar", He joked. Though his last few words did hold some partial truth in a sense. "I would be a complete asshole if I made a woman pay for everything, and I'm pretty sure my pop's foot would come from the grave and kick me in the ass if I didn't have at least some manner about myself." Pausing when he got to the door, his left hand on the handle, he glanced back at them. "With that said and done, I'm payin. Comes with the ride ya know." He then stepped to the side while opening the door and holding it open. "Midgets and dwarves

(So far so good guys! Oh, and feel free to join if this catches your interest!: link)
Greed laughed at him
"If you think Chivalry makes you a criminal you clearly don't know what chivalry is"

Greed didn't care for the small jokes, she knew she was small.
"Thanks"
Greed stepped inside, and awaited for the rest
(Sorry for the hold up guys! It's been a frantic few days, oh and I'm moving to Florida so a lot of arrangements are sort of in constructive chaos. That and replies may be really slow as well. Internet access is becoming a bit of a hastle!)
--------------------

"Well of course I know what chivalry is! Hey, with the wrong person using it, anyone can become a criminal am I right?" He says with a light smirk and looked off for a moment when she walked in before following behind Artemis.

The cafe air was full of caffeine, toasting bread as well as eggs along with small hints of cigarette smoke. There was a lot of chatter going on, each table area seeming to be holding its own separate conversation while tuning out everything else as irrelevant. Employees shuffled back and forth from behind the counter and from tables in their black aprons and white uniform shirts, a few even sporting hats along with it. Even with the place being just a cafe, the atmosphere it held waa enough to be on par with a small restaurant.