jeu de rôle aléatoire Steampunk Fairytale

aNinnyMouse posted on Aug 17, 2012 at 10:04PM
A timeless post-apocolyptic world where modern technology has become obsolete. Most of everything now seems to run on steam, clockwork, and other resources such as wind and water. The world is barren and it is hard to create life from its dry and lifeless lands.

There is only one forest, and it is the largest one to ever have existed, but it is one said to be full of magic of the mischevious sort. Inhabited by cunning cannibals, fairy folk, and carnivorous beasts, the Black Forest is said to be uninhabitable by normal humans. For there are creatures there that would use in form of trickery to land you in their belly.

Outside there is no government aside from those few settlements scattered about, they have turmoil of their own to not be bothered by the going-ons that surround them. But one step outside of their boundaries and they will face a world of possibilities and adventure! For there is an old magic that accompanies the toxins in the now polluted air. A sense of discovery brought back from ancient times.

OOC: This rp is based in fairy tales of all sorts. Think of the Grimm stories, but do not limit yourself to that alone. There are much more, from every origin. But please do be original. As it is steampunk as well, try to make your character have it's own twist. No vampires, no werewolves! Be original! And no sex... If you're characters are in love, you can black it out or always take it to private messaging.

jeu de rôle aléatoire 166 réponses

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 166

il y a plus d’un an Xarptic_Sojack said…
(Well, you know the Xarp Imma use. The one with the mask and whatnot :D Might decide to tack Fallax in here too, just for a possible Fisrax moment...? Eh? EH? :D)
 (Well, toi know the Xarp Imma use. The one with the mask and whatnot :D Might decide to tack Fallax i
il y a plus d’un an aNinnyMouse said…
"Oh mon Dieu! Moteur, s'il vous plaît ne me laissez pas tomber! " A shriek erupted from the engine louder than any bird. Louder than any scream, as it sputtered and groaned, producing a black cloud of smoke from underneath the covering located at the nose of Janvier's proud private plane. He pulled back, trying to prevent it from taking a dive, but it was far too late. As the air rattled around the frame, the spry young pilot, decked in sordid aviator's gear, could only hope that his death would be quick and painless as the machine spiraled helplessly down through the gray skies and towards the world below.

The wings nipped against the remains of what looked to have once been a wall to hold up something grand, creating a horrible scrape that accompanied the earth-shattering boom that came as it crashed against the dry and cracked ground. Amidst the ruins, caked in shriveled black moss, the great steel beast seemed to smoulder, with sparks leaping from its sides.

((-silently waves a Xarptic flag around-))
(Here comes crappy post!! :D)
Hearing the chaotic noise off in the distance, curiosity was sparked in many of the denizens who had come to the ruins as an escape from the forest or as a refuge from the other...'settlements'. There weren't many beings there; maybe 50 in the entire place, far spread from each other and rarely interacting for more than simple trades of food or cloth.

One being in particular - an elf with stunning blue hair, his face hidden behind a mask and body covered in a large cloak, the hood of which he pulled over his head - was intrigued by the noise. Intrigued enough to go out and investigate. He left from his little broken down hovel of a home in search of the cause of such a noise. His destination was marked by a large plume of black smoke rising above the busted buildings.
There was fervent coughing, followed promptly by a distressed cry as a tall, lithe man tried to kick his way out of his winged coffin. He stood tall and lithe, but covered in soot and black oil so his features remained obscured under his goggles and headgear. His nose was the only prominent thing to protrude from underneath it all, large and beak-like much like a bird's.

He placed an arm to his mouth and staggered as fast as he could from the venomous black smoke, his other hand tearing desperately at the feather-ridged aviation helm strapped to his head.
Xarptic rounded the corner and spotted the wreckage, as well as the man who had crashed down with it. He clutched the book strapped around his side, just in case he needed it. It pulsed with heat and energy - malevolent, dark energies and searing heat -that burned through his glove and began to bake his hand. He was used to it, though, after having used the power for such a long time.

As he took his first steps towards the disaster, he started getting a better look at the man. He didn't look dangerous; just messy. He had seen the machines overhead before, but never the ones who had piloted them. To him, this was an intriguing experience. Something he was subtly pleased to have happen.

The book began to glow an iridescent red as a low growl emanated from the now fluttering pages. Xarptic swallowed and picked up the book, whispering a few words to it before it calmed down again. He then dropped it back down to his side, where it hung by a chain; a chain which was bound both to the book and the man with screws and rivets. He had learned to live with the pain, though, as one often does when it's constant and unending. He was just glad that water and other liquids didn't seem to even phase the pages or the cover in the least.
The man pried his head free and shook his man of matted light hair, botched by grease and gooey black substances. Crimson was smeared across his brow, leaking profusely from an abrasion in his sun baked skin. He touched it with his gloved hand, dropping the head gear with the other, and whimpered at the quantity that stained his leather-clad finger tips. With his face turning pale, he glanced at the stranger, swayed a bit, and then landed face first on the ground.
Xarptic watched the man collapse.
"Leave him there," a dark voice growled.
"No...I can't. He didn't do anything."
"That doesn't matter. He's dying. Leave him!"
Xarptic cringed a bit at his command, but picked him up nonetheless and started dragging him back to his makeshift hut.
The man emitted a groan as he felt himself being lifted and forced into motion, being dragged across the ground, rigid and bare, and into a territory all the more foreign to his senses. The whole ordeal seemed to leave him feeling very nauseated, even when barely conscious of his surroundings
il y a plus d’un an Directingchicky said…
A tall, lithe figure stirred at the scene, the sight of the crash made her instantly feel uneasy. But, seeing that the sun was still high and bright, she could nothing but watch, and it pained her. Staying hidden inside the darkest part of the ruins, the little asrai would have to wait until the sun set to even think of assisting.

(So you can know whyat exactly she is link )
last edited il y a plus d’un an
"What are you doing!?" the voice snapped at him.
"I'm saving a man that deserves it..." Xarptic gave a slight smile beneath the mask. "It's the least I can do to make up for what I've done."
She ran to another part of the ruins, closer to the man's hut, and watched. She felt so bad for the young man who had crashed, and she wanted to do something to help him. She looked down and saw a small puddle by her feet. Bending down, she scooped up some water and it formed a small bubble of the liquid. Then, almost like a regular bubble, she blew on it, and it floated to the young man. It landed on the small cut on his head and seeped into it, cleaning and healing it.
The bubble was strangly intercepted by the point of the man's nose, cleaning off a good bit of his face and healing the corners of the minor abrasion. It was, fortunately, just enough for him to come to. His bright eyes opened, once the man had managed to drag him inside, and he was startled to see that he was being carried by appeared to be a walking skeleton. He yelped and squirmed but did not fight him. "Mon dieu! Est-ce que mon temps venu si tôt?! Je viens seulement de commencer à vivre! Oh, il ya tellement que je voulais faire! Tant d'aventures à avoir! Oh Monsieur Mort, je veux que tu me donnes un peu plus longtemps!" By the distress in his voice, one could that he was pleading to the blue-haired man.
She sighed in relief and giggled at the sight he made struggling in the man's arms. She stepped back into the shadows and continued to watch.
Xarptic, confused by the language - though familiar with it being a derivative of Latin via his book - merely looked at the man with a questioning gaze as he attempted to piece together what he could. Something about death...and life...and adventures...He didn't know. He sighed and brought him over to a broken couch, the cushions sagging and the frame busted, only being held up by two legs on the left side. He attempted to get the panicky man to lay down. He needed rest after something like that. They could talk later.
She stepped back and leaned against one of the walls. Her black hair,which ended just below her waist, fanned out around her, and her bright vibrant bue eyes seemed to glow and sparkle in the darkness while she waited for nightfall.
il y a plus d’un an run-to-night said…
(It okay if I join?)

The man kept his pleading until he felt himself lowered on to something cushioned and rather wobbly. He looked down and pondered over why Death would have such an unstable sofa. Would Death even need a sofa? Does Death even have a house. As the reality of the situation slowly came to fruition, the man's words trailed off into silence.
((Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­sss­))
Xarptic watched him for a moment. He figured he'd try to say something that he might be able to understand. Maybe help to make some kind of door or window through their language barrier. "Im 'paenitet. Dum nescio quid dicas mihi. Neque ego id quam." His tone was one of almost apology, as though sorry of his own ignorance.
(Should I make a profile?)
This only seemed to confuse the man further as he rose his eyebrows in a distressed sort of puzzlement. "Qu'est-ce....?" He put his hands on his head and cringed at the feel of the warm liquid that remained on his brow. He gritted his teeth and dared not to lower his hand, for fear he might see the crimson and feel faint once more. ( If you want to. No one needs to. We all sort of jumped in with a character in mind!))
The elf sighed and shook his head. "D-Do you speak...English? Maybe?" He was hopeful, though not expectant. Maybe if he was lucky, though, considering that he was forced to carry around a demonic spellbook chained and riveted to his body, he doubted that was the case.
"Unh? An-anglais? Oh anglais! Oui!" He jerked up quickly with a partial smile. "I speak anglais! Very well! " He looked the man up and down. His smile dropped and his eyes were drawn to the interior of wherever he was.
Xarptic let out a light sigh. "That's a relief."
"Says you," growled the book.
"Shut up..." he grumbled back at it. It was a regular occurrence for them to get into disagreements. Even more so for them to go into full blown yelling arguments. But, he had company, so he wanted to try to seem pleasant and accepting. The man DID just crash land into the city, after all, and he'd need somewhere to stay, as well as someone to keep watch, especially with those wounds.
A feirce breeze rushed past them, rustling the dirt. A aurai watched from the distance. She had seen the plane fall from the sky and it sparked her curiousity. She didn't want to be seen, and had to make sure to brush the dirt off of her as she stood acouple of yards away.

(Aurai: Intangible and invisible spirits known as the Aurai are sometimes mistaken for ghosts or breezes. They have power over the winds, but using their powers takes great energy. In order to make themselves visible, they sometimes cause flowers or leaves to stick to them. When this happens they become a person of flowers, or leaves, or grass, or whatever else is blowing in the wind.)

Xarptic heard the wind pick up a little bit outside. It was nothing new to him, though. They had bad dust storms and the like often in such a barren place. He just knew better than to go out.
She shivered at the breeze and slid down the wall. It was unusal for her to be away from her water for so long, and she hated the clothes, absolutely hated them. The small mauve tunic just covered her pale luminescent skin as she went to sit down. She placed her hands in the little puddle and let the coolness of the water sooth her.
She walked closer to them. Being invisable made it so much easier to feed her constant curiosity, no one could see her watching them or listening to them. Being a air element also made her movement soundless. As the aurai walked past, she ran her hand along the plane.
((Perhaps you can use the dry dust instead of leaves. :) And maybe the tree can be replaced by a crumbling statue or what is left of a tree, a petrified limbless stump. )) He then jerked his head back to the man as he seemed to grumble to himself. "Oh, Monsieur. You- you rescued me?"
(I know, I messed up. I changed it. I wasn't sure where it was taking place, so I took a wild guess.)

One of the man's accents made the aurai raise her eyebrow. She had never heard any voice like that before, she had heard many accents over the years but none like this. Her spark of curiosity burned brighter.
(They're also inside...)
Xarptic looked back up at him, giving a small smile. "Yeah. You were hurt. Couldn't very well leave you out there to die..."
"Yes you could! I told you to!"
"Listen, Del!"
"No! You listen!" The book snapped. "I despise that nickname! I am an ancient book of demons and hell! Not some buddy of yours! I am the Delomelonicon!!"
(Yes I know. She was listening from outside.)
"Oh it was not-" His eyes widened as the book seemed to come alive with anger as he pulled his legs closer to him. "Your book seems very unhappy at my being here..."
She pulld her hand away from the water as she felt something strange. Two other beings were there, one she could recognize but the other...she didn't like the feeling of it one bit.
She looked through a broken window at them. Book? Having feelings? Interesting. She climbed through. The aurai begain dancing around the room to entertain herself while listening, twirling the wind and air.
Xarptic sighed. "It's not you. He just doesn't like people..."
"That includes both of you!" The accent was that of a middle aged Englishman's. Yet...darker. Not quite deeper, just more sinister. More threatening. "If it wasn't for you and that damned court-!"
"If it wasn't for me and that court, you'd probably be buried under rubble and ruins still!"
There was a "Hmph!" and then silence from the flustered pages.
"Anyway. I'm sorry." He removed his mask and pulled back the hood. "I'm Xarptic, and this," he motioned to the book, "is the Delomelonicon. I just call him 'Del'."
"Yes," the scripture chimed in angrily. "Del, Delo, Delo-Melo! Oni-Chon!!! ANYTHING ELSE!?"
She stood and tried to get closer to the hut, where she could feel the strange being. She tried to get as close as she could without leaving the shadows.
He pulled his legs even closer to himself and stared at the book in awe. "Fascinant! I think I heard of such things but never thought that they would exist." He rolled on his belly. "It is magic and oh- you have removed your mask. Why do you wear it, monsieur?"
"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE YOU STUPID WINDBAG!!!" the book exclaimed as papers from a desk and shelves went flying around. "THAT'S RIGHT!! I know you're there! I'm a book of spirits! I'm not stupid!!"

Xarptic blinked a few times at the outburst and felt his heart sink as his life's work was tossed around the home and ruined.
She cringed back and squeaked at the outburst. She had never heard such a loud and dark voice before. Especially not from...what was that? A book?
"Who knew a book could have such a burning temper..." Her voice drifted and flowed smooth like...well...wind. She stopped shifting the air and stood. Controling the wind was tireing.
"Now shoo~! Your presence agitates me...I've got too many spirits already to deal with, as well as these two imbeciles. Don't make it a third!"

Xarptic held back a depressed whimper at the sight of his adventure's writings being scattered.
She stepped a little closer, and watched them. She had sympathy for them all, well almost all.
"Your presence isn't to delightful ether." She drifted around the room, making her way to the window and sitting on the edge of it. "I'm just a aurai killing time."
"Then go kill it somewheres else! We didn't barge into your home and throw your shit around in the middle of a conversation! Go!!"
"You all destoyed mine. Took the air and filled it with poisons and muck." The aurai slides back. "I didn't mean to ruin the room. Air is a element, like all elements it is sometimes uncontrolable." She leaned back and dropped out the window.
The man gulped and sat up on the sofa, watching the man pale at what appeared to be the destruction of his home. The charmed book shouted obscenities at what he claimed to be a spirit, but his words were too fast for him to fully understand especially in his condition. It seemed that the pilot was in just as helpless as the man who helped him at the moment.
"I wouldn't." The auari's voice was right next to her. "They don't take to kindly to...spirits."
She hushed the girl, then watched as the bubble went to the young man who had crashed and it touched the cut on his head and the blood vanished. She smiled softly.

(Agh! Where did it go!?!?)