Nintendo Five favori GameCube games?

harold posted on Feb 28, 2008 at 05:45PM
So, I realize that this is link, but I'm interested in hearing what five games unique to the GameCube you would recommend. There are a lot of games that are great on the console, but which are also available on other consoles. I'm not interested in those. I just want to hear which 5 GameCube-only games you'd recommend.
save

Nintendo 19 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an harold said…
Hey, is this thing on? More than 800 fans and no opinions? Wow...
il y a plus d’un an maybeastarbucks said…
I read this, but I don't have a top five... never really got into the Gamecube madness. The only two I ever really played were Super Smash Bros. Melee and Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
il y a plus d’un an PkmnTrainerJ said…
link

I wrote that a while back and though it contain some multi-platform games (Beyond Good & Evil, Prince Of Persia, Resident Evil & Sonic Heroes) so if you took out those four you could easily see my top six, knock the bottom one off (Pokémon Colosseum) and my top five are:

5 - Pikmin 2
4 - Wind Waker
3 - Mario Party 6
2 - Mario Kart: Double Dash
1 - Super Smash Bros. Melee
Cool; thanks. I read a lot how people don't like Wind Waker, but it was one of the only two games I tried before getting the system, and I loved the art style. But then, Monkey Island 3 is my favourite, too.

I love how the price for Super Smash Bros. Melee hasn't come down hardly at all, as it is still so much in demand.
il y a plus d’un an Zerstoren said…
Well most of my favorites are already listed so I'd just have to say:
Pikmin
Sonic Adventure 1 & Sonic Adventure 2:Battle (I realize theyre available on Dreamcast but.. no one played that for very long)
last edited il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an Cinders said…
So I'm assuming if these are your top five games, you'd link? J and Zerstoren, how is Pikmin 2 different and/or better than Pikmin? I played Pikmin a long time ago and recall it being very interesting. I own all the rest mentioned here...

I thought about getting Prince of Persia too. Which specific ones would you recommend because there are a couple?
il y a plus d’un an MarioParty6Fan said…
Mario Party 6 & Super Monkey ball 1 & 2. There alot more but those are too.
il y a plus d’un an Zerstoren said…
Pikmin 2 is very similar to Pikmin 1, if you liked the first you'll really like 2 as well
il y a plus d’un an dazl said…
5)Luigi's Mansion- Big Luigi Fan. Kinda short, but still good fun and refreshingly different.
4)Super Mario Sunshine- Like Mansion, but better longevity
3)Wind Waker- Still can't believe people don't like this. One of the best Zelda's I have played.
2)Animal Crossing- Bloody addictive.
1)Super Smash Bros Melee- Cartoon characters kicking seven shades out of each other with no holds barred? Years of entertainment!
il y a plus d’un an KiteRoxUrSox777 said…
Hmmm... I'd have to say Phantasy Star Online and Super Smash Bros Melee. Other ones I don't care for... Although, I haven't really played many GameCube games due to the fact that I DON'T HAVE ONE!!! NOOO!!! T.T
Cinders, I can answer your Prince of Persia question, since I've played all the games on other platforms and I really don't think there is a substantive difference in them from one console to another.

You definitely want to play Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time (first in the new series). You may want to play Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (third in the new series) and the original Prince of Persia (though that's an old PC game, not on any console), but definitely avoid Prince of Persia: the Two Thrones (the second in the new series), as it is execrable, with a big focus on repetitive fighting, hard driving metal music, and anachronistic zombie women in leather fetish outfits.

That game (the two thrones) has a similar feel to what I imagine playing a Chevy truck commercial would do.
il y a plus d’un an PkmnTrainerJ said…
I dunno harold, I thoroughly enjoyed all of the new Prince Of Persia games, but I would rank them in the order you did. Though Two Thrones is actually the third one, whereas Warrior Within comes second. I think I immersed myself into the storyline of the games and cared a little less about the gameplay when Two Thrones came along anyways.

The Dahaka is still one of my favourite villains.
Yes, I was at a shop this evening and saw that I got the names reversed.
il y a plus d’un an coolguy7003 said…
5-mario party 7 4-donkey konga 3-super smash bros. melee 2-pikmin 1-METAL GEAR SOLID the twin snakes
I'm with you, dazl - I played a little bit of Wind Waker years ago in a store and LOVED it. I just got it used recently and was immediately absorbed again. I love how the first part of the game you aren't even in the green outfit!

Edit: ooh, Donkey Konga! How did I forget that? It was one of the reasons I wanted the console originally! The MGS games aren't unique to the GC, though.
il y a plus d’un an RainbowGeek819 said…
WIND WAKER! IT IS SOO GOOD!

AND 4 SWORDS!..then....

Super Smash Bros Melee

then...

Animal Crossing...

then..

Luigi masison

il y a plus d’un an PrinceKiseki said…
I refuse to order them:
Luigi's Mansion
Custom Robo
Phantasy Star Online