My Chemical Romance MCR for life

lolxx posted on Feb 14, 2008 at 07:40PM
Ìve been hearing alot of shit about MCR latey being EMO which they are not they are anti-Emo and do not promote self harm or suicide they are against it and enouge thier fans to speak out if they have depression or self harming as Gerard has been though it all himself . I just want to hear what you all think of these stupid closed minded people and thier views which are not true but any way pls post a comment on what you think

My Chemical Romance 6 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an misanthrope86 said…
Yeah, I hear that all the time. I had a huge fight with my best friend about it. She "hates emos" and I asked her why and it blew up into this huge fight!

I guess people are gonna have their opinions and it doesn't matter to them if their opinions are ignorant or ill-informed. I have found that it is easier to say "Well, thats your opinion. Its not gonna stop me from loving any band or from dressing the way that I want".

I think it actually pisses them off more if you accept that they have different beliefs. I think that sometimes people want MCR fans (and fans of other bands) to get angry because they think that it proves their point. So I don't let them get to me. I just carry on. (Black Parade reference! Ha ha ha!)

"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess.
il y a plus d’un an amazondebs said…
MCR are punks, there music can be emo, but traditional emo not this new whiny fad crap

one of my friends always says that there lyrics don't make any sense and that aggravates me, just because their songs aren't always straight forward!

lol good strategy misanthrope unfortunately I'm one of those who always have to have their say
il y a plus d’un an misanthrope86 said…
Ha ha ha, I know what you mean amazondebs! Its hard to shut up when people go on and on about something that they don't understand, or don't want to understand. But in the words of the great and wise Dr Gregory House "It helps to know they are idiots."
il y a plus d’un an lolxx said…
lol well said you know this is wat I love this site honest people who talk about things that are important no bullshit
il y a plus d’un an DarkSarcasm said…
I've always associated MCR with the beginning stages of emo music. Emo sucks now (it's just whiny repetitive bullshit), but what I believed to be the beginning of it (MCR included) was pretty good. My Chem has matured a lot, and I don't exactly classify their last album as emo... it's got a classic feel to it. Classic emo? Hmm... =P

I don't think that "emo" promotes self-mutilation and related matters (usually), but there are definately ties between the two.
il y a plus d’un an sexy_kitty said…
i dnt think that they are emo i think that some people are just stuck up and cant find anything better to do with their lives apart from saying shit about others