House Luddy: Likes/Dislikes..Let's hear it fans! (remember to montrer respect).

VictoriNoRisuu posted on Apr 08, 2010 at 11:49PM
Hey there!
Recently I made some mess with a pick Why do you hate Luddy? - link Because of my brachylogy in the pick title it was easy to misinterpret, so I want to clear up things here. What I wanted to get by the pick was the point of view of people who dislike Luddy. I want to hear your reasons, I'm curious of them! It may be difficult to answer in the pick (especially because it may seem as heating up hate rather then asking for opinions), I hope you'll tell me here what you like or dislike in Cuddy/Lucas relationship!

Let me start - I love them together!
1. Cuddy recently became a mother - that's a major change, so she need a stable. safty relationship more then ever. It's so difficult for her... I think Lucas is really supportive for here nowadays - for Cuddy mainly as mother, but also woman & hospital director.

2. He makes her feel valuable - picking from hospotal, giving flowers, cooking for her. Cuddy since the first season seemed feeling worse & not very feminine, because she was arguing, fighting, ruling the hispotal - careerer woman with no family, no relationship. Now she is admired. She is bloomin thanks to that feeling.

3.He is young, energetic, kinda sweet, but responsible - many woman are perfectlyu happy with a little younger men. It makes them feel younger & care for themselves more. I think it discribes Cuddy too.

4.He makes her laugh. Finally. Honestly. She is happy. She laughs happily for the first time the show started. For me it was enough to fall for them together!

These are my main reasons. What are yours? What are your feelings about Luddy? Remember to be kind :-) And I'm waiting for your opinins :-)

House 13 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an bluehue said…
heart
WoW! Great job @Victori..putting this forum topic together. You have so many positive reasons for your position..very thoughtful. It does give one pause to stop and remember that every relationship is a chance to gain something you could not have had otherwise. Lucas has given Cuddy a chance to find out more about herself..as well as Lucas figuring out what path he really needs to follow..for himself. Of course..time will tell.

That said, I have always rooted for House+Cuddy, even when Stacy was in the picture. Over the seasons, I have developed a love for these main characters, their chemistry and flawed personalites that bounce off one another in a troubled yet uniquely endearing way. I see Lucas as a temporary mid-life phase in Cuddy's world rather than something long term...well, for fictional characters that is. (I forget sometimes that House is not real..now forget I said that). Lucas is a scripted character with a "shelf life" whose expiration date is looming. That fact alone, that he is destined to "go away" on to other things, makes it unlikely for me to invest in him emotionally, let alone my own personal preference..that I don't find him attractive...as a leading man or as a man interesting enough to hold Cuddy's attentions or desires.

But in the meanwhile..I can understand Luddy fans wanting to keep the faith, because one never knows for sure..these matters of the heart. For me, Lucas or Luddy is just not my cup of tea.
Good Luck Victori...
il y a plus d’un an huddygirl2 said…
Yes I say the only reason I don't like Luddy is cuz of Huddy but i didn't right away want him it more came to a shock for me when I heared Lucas was coming back I was sure happy drispite being played by I driftnet actorI loved Lucas that guy made me laugh LOL the way he was sneezing and the way Kutner looked at him was sure funny and yeah I think Lucas changed his weird personalty just left but when Luddy breaks up I want a happy ending for Lucas my ideal to make Luddy break up that IF Stacy comes back and House getting with her the episode will end with both Lucas and Stacy becoming a couple leaving House and Cuddy not knowing want just happened LOL
il y a plus d’un an misanthrope86 said…
big smile
This is a much more positive way to talk about this subject!
il y a plus d’un an midnyte007 said…
big smile
I love Luddy. I think they're very cute together.
il y a plus d’un an Bery said…
I'm not in love with Luddy but I do like it.

Ever since last season, Cuddy is no longer single, she's plus one (the baby) and that changes everything. She can't look for relationshops like she did when she wasn't a mother; now, if she wants a relationship, she has to take her baby into consideration, if she wants a serious and lasting relationship then it has to be with someone who is (or could be) father material.

I like House, he's fun, he's brilliant, there are many things about his personality that are attractive. But he will NEVER be father material, not in a million years.

Other reasons why I like Luddy are pretty much the ones you mention, Lucas shows her respect, he can be reliable, caring, and he helps her lighten up a bit.
I could care less about age difference as long as we're talking about consenting adults, I didn't mind the age difference with Hameron and I don't mind it with this ship either.
il y a plus d’un an bluehue said…
monkey
@Bery..Are you saying House would "suck as a father?!"
He does make a pretty good (ok..not that good)..balloon animal.
il y a plus d’un an LizzieE01 said…
Actually, I think House would probably be a better father than you would expect at first glance. He already has a bonding tool that, as far as we know, Cuddy and Lucas don't have - music. I can see him singing and/or playing the piano for Rachel as a means of connecting with her - that could be their "thing." As for Lucas, I'm still of two minds. I get his appeal in the short term but long term, I don't know - he doesn't seem driven enough for Cuddy and Cuddy is nothing if not driven. If not House, then she needs to find a wunderkind in another field who gets her drivenness(?) and equals her success. Oops, I guess this has become more Cuddycentric than Luddycentric.
il y a plus d’un an alisonpaige93 said…
I really did try to like the luddy story in the beginning, but now it just really bores me. The writers haven't given us much to make us viewers like them together as a couple. Maybe that was their intention? I don't know. We don't really see much of him at all, and there hasn't really been a luddy storyline. Yes he was in 5 to 9, but he annoyed me the entire time he was there. I felt like he didn't understand cuddy's job or how important it was to her, which makes me think he doesn't understand cuddy. Although I ship huddy, I think the idea of Luddy is good, but the writers just can't seem to make it work. I think Cuddy needs someone in her life, and maybe that person is Lucas, or maybe even House, or perhaps it's some completley random person. For right now, Cuddy thinks being with the Lucas is the best thing for her and Rachel, who is the most important thing in her life.
il y a plus d’un an VictoriNoRisuu said…
@LizzieE01
Lucas actually plays piano too :-) We could see him playing at the end of "Adverse Events" (5x03).
il y a plus d’un an LizzieE01 said…
My bad - probably a result of my Luddy blindness.
il y a plus d’un an huddysmacked said…
Ok so I'll admit it I'm a Luddy hater but I respect everyone's opinion because they have good points and valid reasons but my mind doesn't get them. It's not because I'm a Huddy but because I didn't like Lucas since the beginning.

In my opinion Lucas is, like you said, a good, energetic, young guy. And that is my problem #1, I think he is too childish for Cuddy and let's admit it, they have showed how immature he is (I mean the pranks he did to House, com'on! That's everything but mature).

I used to think it would be awesome, since I wanted to see Cuddy in a relationship but it's been quite the opposite.

In 5 to 9 you don't know how much I disliked what they showed of Luddy. a) He took the nanny's phone when you clearly can see Cuddy was desperate and it was a really stressful day for her. He also made a bet about if he could have sex with her.

In The Down Low GOSH! Don't get me started in how childish was he! He harmed House and he played pretty harsh pranks to Wilson/House. A grown up would have just searched for another apartment and TA DAH! But no, he had to have his face to face confrontation and yet he was completely arrogant and said he was "more powerful" or something like that. In the end, Cuddy instead of caring for her "friends" she was totally ok with him. Like WTF? In what universe does that happen? Cuddy has always cared about House, and now she suddenly forgets everything? Yeah, very Cuddy-ish.

I think Cuddy is just trying to have a relationship to not feel lonely and I get it, and I get what the writers tried to accomplish but I think they might have failed a little bit.

I hope I could freely express my opinion, it was just a rant. I have strong opinions in the Luddy aspect. As I respect your opinion please don't bash mine ;)
il y a plus d’un an huddysmacked said…
But Cuddy does seem happy, so I'm happy for her ;)
il y a plus d’un an vieamemusique said…
I've always really liked Lucas. He was a good friend, seemingly, when Wilson was off being....well, wherever he went during those couple of months. He seemed to be a good match for House's personality. But when it comes to him and Cuddy, I struggle to stay objective here, I don't feel the chemistry. Yes, he was wonderful with Rachael. And that means A LOT to Cuddy as her priorities have changed -- but she clearly loves House and House clearly loves her. They are these two flawed, DRIVEN characters who are equally messed up. And aside from what I'm sure it seems like I'm anything but objective -- my point is, Cuddy needs someone who is compatible in a way that is fun, forbidding, adventurous (whether or not that's House or not, it could be anyone for all that matter and I would approve). But Lucas seems to lack these character details. To me, it seems as though Cuddy went with him because he was the "safe" choice and she realized that as a administrator pushing forty single mother wasn't going to get much on the dating scene.

I love Lucas and I do wish he would stick around, just not as her boyfriend. Cuddy deserves someone like him - yes, she does as does her munchkin, but will they last? No, she's an administrator -- she'll eat his head.