House How Come Hugh Laurie Doesnt Montrer His Teeth?

jagdlilpil posted on May 18, 2007 at 05:07PM

ever noticed that he never smiles with his teeth shown? what's up with that? anybody knows? just curious...

House 17 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an sirius_nst said…
Hmm...just a guess: to show his teeth, he'd have to be smiling or snarling. Snarling's usually inappropriate and smiling isn't in his character so...there.
il y a plus d’un an jojo2260 said…
lol... haven't really noticed but i reckon it's a british thing, we're all raised to keep a stiff upper lip and it's hard to shake a life long habbit.
il y a plus d’un an jagdlilpil said…
lol... i see. just find it quite interesting that's why. even in public he never smiles with his pearly whites... works for him though(i think). lol. thanks!
il y a plus d’un an tearsintherain said…
maybe he thinks he has bad teeth or something lol.

probably becuase his character hosue doesnt smile.
il y a plus d’un an kat78 said…
Back until 1995 or so he had his original teeth, which were a bit crooked, but he was adorably cute! So maybe he hasn't got used to having great teeth yet!
il y a plus d’un an Olivine said…
laugh
xDDDDDDDDDDDD
il y a plus d’un an blaukat said…
blush
I find this discussion very unconfortable xD
il y a plus d’un an RP_Puzzle said…
Lol yeah it's his character I don't think he could get highly amused that easily so he smirks more than smiles. I thought you meant when he's talking and I was going to say cause maybe to do an American accent you have to be all stiff or something :p. But I haven't really noticed.
il y a plus d’un an teardrop said…
I just rewatched Ep1 Season 2 (the one with the deathrow inmate) and there is quite a bit of tooth-showing when House gets drunk. By the way forget the stiff-upper lip thing about the Brits - they smile just like everybody else. Hugh is very teethy when he plays George in Blackadder - i think it's just that House does not smile that often.
il y a plus d’un an greghouseismine said…
i found this on google.ie. i searched for images of 'hugh laurie smiling'
link
link
il y a plus d’un an greghouseismine said…
ooh and when hes in the wheelchair, when he skids and slams into his car, he grins.laughs...
il y a plus d’un an rosie77 said…
maybe he hates his smile
il y a plus d’un an XChatterbox14x said…
smile
i hate my teeth and i look like i have little fangs at the side, so i always smile with my mouth closed, it feels unatural for me to smile with my mouth open thgh, mb he's just self conscious 'bout his smile, but still i LOVE his smile!!!
il y a plus d’un an heeeresjoyce said…
I also remember him smiling in Saviors, at the ending montage. I'm trying to find a screencap right now.
Not from Saviors, but I found link.
I couldn't find the screencap from Saviors. Sorry.
il y a plus d’un an lizzie22xo said…
Some people just don't like to smile showing their teeth. I have straight and nice looking teeth, but I never show mine when I smile. Some people just don't like the way their smile looks when they show their teeth.