Harry Potter vs Twilight HP and Twilight in your school

I_Hate_Twilight posted on Mar 03, 2010 at 07:21PM
Your teachers prefer Harry Potter or Twilight?
At school, there are more fans of HP or Twilight?

Harry Potter vs Twilight 35 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an IluvJacob99 said…
twilight i am home schooled so i do have more twilight fans anyway i do like hp but i like twilight more .
il y a plus d’un an Queenoftard said…
I think there isn't much of either, but I can't be a hundred percent sure as I rarely venture out into the craziness that is our schoolyard. I tend to keep to close friends, or myself.
I know a few girls who love Twilight, but I don't think there are too many. Some of my friends hate Twilight. The same friends like Harry Potter, but they are not the "I've-read-the-books-sixty-times-and-­kno­w-e­ver­yth­ing­-th­ere­-is­-to­-kn­ow-­abo­ut-­the­-se­rie­s&q­uot­;-k­ind­. (Unlike myself)
Most of the teachers seem to like Harry Potter. One of them even occasionally quotes Harry Potter Puppet Pals. She's awesome. I've never heard a teacher mention Twilight, though.
last edited il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an I_Hate_Twilight said…
my portuguese teacher prefer Twilight
il y a plus d’un an ThatDamnLlama said…
My history teacher is obsessed (and I mean OBSESSED) with Harry Potter. she has HP posters around the classroom, she has HP apps on her iphone, a HP wand she uses as a pointer, and she says HP references all the time, and gives us candy whenever we point out a HP reference she used, or if we use one ourselves.
My English teacher has read the Harry Potter books and enjoyed them, and she thought the Twilight books were poorly written (yep, that's coming from an ENGLISH teacher).
I don't know about my math and science teachers, though.
As for the kids in my school: the majority of them haven't read either series. There are a few Twilight fans roaming around the school, and if they are obsessed with the series, they are obviously hiding it. They keep their Twilight craze to themselves, probably to keep from being made fun of by the guys.
The guys, even the ones who haven't read either series, prefer Harry Potter. In my classes, we will lots of times talk about things off subject, and whenever the subject of HP comes up, everyone joins in and talks about HP. When one of the few brave Twilight fans try to bring up the subject of Twilight, they are instantly booed and have papers thrown at them. When the teacher finally controls the class and tries to talk about Twilight, the subject will immediately be changed by another student.
Overall, my school prefers Harry Potter instead of Twilight. Which is fine by me, since I am a HP fan.
il y a plus d’un an MissKnowItAll said…
sad
Twilight... sadly
il y a plus d’un an ThatDamnLlama said…
^ that stinks. People keep on saying that Twilight dominates their school, and almost (if not every) girl in the school obsesses over the series. Is my school the only normal one where there aren't annoying Twilight fans?
il y a plus d’un an Athiya said…
Thankfully, Harry Potter :D

Usually when we're done on our exams, we still have to wait until the period is over. The wait could be very dull, so I started listing 100 names of Harry Potter Characters. Twenty minutes later, the whole class started to shout out names (since we're not allowed to leave our seats) to me and we've got over 120 names :)

Then there's also the case in which the guys in my school (bless them) diss Edward and Jacob because of their girlfriends' behavior. When my "in-a-relationship" friends talk about how hot Malfoy or Ron are, the boys just nods and sometimes give comments such as, "Yeah, they're kick-ass," or something like that.

LOL. I liked studying in this school! XD

In my school they send papers to those who do not like Twilight, and enjoy with those who like HP!
In my school only speak of how good and beautiful is the Edward and who is more beautiful: Edward or Jacob?
il y a plus d’un an AceofHearts said…
It's kinda half-and-half in my school.

There are quite a few obsessive Twilight fans (in fact, one of my good friends is extremely obsessive), and then there are the sane ones that will only talk about it if someone else brings it up. Then there are the slightly-obsessive-but-still-hardcore fans of Harry Potter, like myself and some of my other friends. But other than that, Harry Potter is, somehow, pretty unknown to my school.

As for teachers, my English teacher hasn't read either (although I kinda convinced her to read HP, but she never acted on her word). My history teacher knows what it is and plays around with our HP related antics (such as us calling him Professor Lupin for a day or so, DA sign-up sheets, etc.) , but has never hinted that he read them. But the administration is pretty (as my English teacher puts it) ignorant to it. For instance, I put up Dumbledore's Army sign-up sheets on my lockers, and all of them ended up getting taken down. I was actually called to the office yesterday because apparently that's 'not allowed', even though I had the support of my English teacher. And I told her today (since she wasn't here yesterday) and she just said that was pretty ignorant.

So yeah, it's pretty mellow here at my school on both sides.
il y a plus d’un an potterrox said…
On the day the Twilight movie came out I counted over 25 girls proudly sporting Twilight sadly I've never seen a HP shirt.(It's on my shoping list!)I'm a sad minority. Bt when I talk about it with my friends i refer them here. So keep it up!
Lol in mine too!!
il y a plus d’un an 1-2vampire said…
hmmm
well, a bit of both, but I do see more girls with Twilight books than HP in their bags, but my English teacher was recomending books and did say "Don't read Twilight or your brain cells will burn out." I almost died with laughter.
Tho i wrote on my hand today (and forehead) "Twilight made me cry because it was so BAD!" and i also said to anyone "If you want to torture me, read Twilight out to me." then my friend (boy) said,
"Wouldn't you rather that than be whipped 100 times on the bare back?" and i go "No, Tom, ANYTHING is better than reading Twilight again." and he laughed.
But sadly, I have seen no HP obbsessed fans (because we are so much more mature -- jokes) but.... I'm sad to say I used to be one of those Twilight fans. My cousin is one. She spent hours on Google Images staring at Robert Pattinson. I'm not joking.

so...... idk tbh
il y a plus d’un an mimifaith said…
angry
Not even gonna bother, i'll get so worked up.
il y a plus d’un an XDRoseLuvsHP said…
big smile
People in my school prefer Harry Potter, actually. I mean, as far as raving fan girls go, there are more Twilight ones. However, most people in our school don't really see Twilight as real literature. They see Harry Potter as real literature, though. (Also, anything that is British or has a British accent, they all say, "JUST LIKE HARRY POTTER! OMG!" It's really funny, actually. Like, we were watching Lord of the Flies in my English Honors class, and when the choir boys came in, everyone shouted out, "OMG THEY LOOK LIKE DEMENTORS!" It kind of made my day :D)
il y a plus d’un an Confuzzle said…
There are more fans of Twilight in my school, but the library doesn't even HAVE copies of Twilight.
il y a plus d’un an tearsdied said…
wow...uh... im new hi
smile
my history teacher called me to deliver a job he asked. He says "Beatrix, Beatrixxx, Belatrix .." He asked me if I knew who it was. LOL must be one of the few teachers who plays in the classroom ...

We were in math class when my teacher says we'll do an exercise in geometry, following some clues that Harry Potter would give. An asshole in my class asks: "There was nothing of Twilight? Is that Harry Potter is childish .." The teacher turns to him: "You really think there is some interesting exercise with this crap? And do not call me childish, because I like to think Harry Potter and Twilight uninteresting, actually it shows everything that a teenager should not then ... "

You should have seen his face was like --'
il y a plus d’un an mitchie19 said…
smile
They all agree to Twilight...
il y a plus d’un an LoopyLuna96 said…
hmmm
People like HP more than Twilight at my school. My English teacher has a New Moon poster, but she's also read HP, so I don't know.
il y a plus d’un an TeamSiriusBlack said…
Ugh, I'm the only HP fan at my school. -_-
hmmm
IT'S VERY BAD...
il y a plus d’un an woofbark said…
surprise
In my school, Twilight and HP have about an equal number of fans. Trouble started to brew when we discussed books in class, and my teacher commented that some books have adult content yet low reading levels. For an example, she used Twilight, remarking that Scholastic determined it had a third (or fourth) grader reading level.
The "popular" clique of girly girls who liked Twilight immediately argued that Twilight was a "tricky read" and it was just "SOOOOOO Good."
Thus, the unspoken battle began.
The first point for the HP side came when we were studying analagies. We had to complete this one:
Proffesional:________as Novice:__________
An HP fan replied "Profestional is to J.K Rowling as novice is to Stephanie Meyer."
WHOA.
Armed with logic, reason, and debating skills, my friend convinced a Twilight fan HP was better. Amazing! It thought it impossible!
Well, the battle is still raging. I'm going in! *Explosion* Never mind.......
il y a plus d’un an zanhar1 said…
My teachers prefer HP but usually refer to Twilight more to please the majority of students at my school who like Twilight better.
il y a plus d’un an AllyAM said…
Harry Potter I think. Our teachers don't really talk about either much, but my American Lit teacher last year hated Twilight.
il y a plus d’un an alexthedog said…
Same as Zanhar.
il y a plus d’un an Darkshine said…
My teachers don't read either.
Though our English teacher hates Twilight.

But my two best friends are Twilighters and a (male) friend of mine likes both.
il y a plus d’un an Drisina said…
We don't really discuss at all HP and/or Twilight.
il y a plus d’un an MeLikeyHermione said…
crying
This reminds me of a discussion we were having in Literature class last year. We were doing a project epic stories and its heroes, and a couple of girls decided to do a project of Bella Swan as an epic heroine. My Literature teacher looked like he was about to cry out of pity for the students who thought Twilight or any of its characters were epic.
il y a plus d’un an SEEKER6 said…
big smile
people think im crazy since i like harry potter but surprisingly all my classmates support my love for it! :3
il y a plus d’un an nan_beetlejuice said…
smile
My teachers ADORE Harry Potter. Most of them has already finished the series, and I've seen my Science teacher watches The Deathly Hallows Pt. II in the cinema.

In my school everybody hates Twilight. My best friend tells me that he has a really nice dream last night, that all of the Twilight characters has turned into bullfrogs. Hope that it comes true!

il y a plus d’un an Blue-Nargles said…
sad
Twilight, sadly.... My grade is probably the least insane.
Some have read neither.
A girl in my class only saw the GoF movie because Robert Pattinson was in it. She doesn't remeber the characters' names and thinks Snape wears a cowboy hat.
il y a plus d’un an alexisn10 said…
Harry Potter. My English teacher loves them. The students in my school love them, too. All of my teachers hate Twilight xD (except for my guidance counselor but she prefers Harry Potter).
il y a plus d’un an lilymaus343 said…
smirk
I think the reason why harry potter is more popular in school is that harry potter is in many ways an unisex-book. Twilight is an girly-book. I mean which boy but maybe gay boys would like to read a storry about a girl who thinks she's boring the village she lives in is boring the people who live there are boring but two boys. A boy who gets a vew in another world beside the truth is much more interesting for everybody. When the boy is the hero girls love reading about it anyway, but boys like it more reading a book from the vew of a boy. Furthermore the language of stephenie mayers book is more easy and onedemantional, jkR writes British English, has a larger lexis and you even learn a bit of other languages like latin aso.
il y a plus d’un an NANCYSAINI2 said…
Well i think most..........oops correction...All of my friends are a gr8 fan(and i mean it) of twilight except the insane boys who dnt even knw the "F" of Fiction.well it doesnt matter coz they dnt like HP either......They only like those stories in which there are either speeding up cars or some Robots fighting wid evry hell thing......Are boys in every part of World tht stupid or is it jst in my vicinity........???????????????