Harry Potter vs Twilight Harry Potter Battle Plans: For Those Who Hate Twilight

LilysLittleTwin posted on Dec 14, 2009 at 10:10PM
I don't want to mess up '1000 reasons why Harry Potter is better than Twilight', so here it is! Basically, Mrs-Grint, DracoLove777, dobbyssocks, me, and others have made a battle plan to knock the Twihards down a few pegs. All Harry Potter fans are welcome here, though.

This is the pledge to become a Phoenix Fighter:

'I solemly swear that I will do my best to protect others from the Twazi regime. I will never go over to the Disco Balls and betray my Order of the Potters heritige. Harry Potter is better than Twilight, not the other way around. I swear to protect what is left of the Vampire Fiction genre from Twilight and it's followers. I will remain loyal to Bram Stoker, Susan B. Anthony, and any other that worked tirelessly, only to have their work destroyed because of Twilight. Mischeif Managed.'
last edited on Jun 09, 2010 at 03:59AM

Harry Potter vs Twilight 4897 réponses

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 2351-2400 of 4897

il y a plus d’un an AprilCandy42 said…
^ Actually, I have no idea what a Philosopher is. But come on! Twilight has more Thesaurus Rape than Philosopher. Philosopher isn't even Thesaurus Rape.
il y a plus d’un an ChocAttack266 said…
Exactly. A good author shouldn't need to rape a thesaurus to make their book sound intelligent. Just like a good director shouldn't need to put in heaps of CGI clusterfucks to make their movie good.
last edited il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an LilysLittleTwin said…
I want to kill whoever came up with that. I knew what a philosopher is! That was not needed! UGH!

Hmm, 2353, is it speshulful?
Um. Repeated post, Izzy...
Sorry, I deleted it. Fanpop is being stupid to me.
Whoever came up with that must actually know the difference between a Sorcerer and a Philosopher. I'm gonna look Philosopher up.
Okay...but I'm the one who has 2353...sorry. *hides*
Damn you, AJ!
I think 2360 is speshulful. 2 multiplied by 3 is 6 so 236 but you just put 0. Nah, it's alright I guess.
il y a plus d’un an ToyletGnome said…
2361 is speshulful because
2+3 = 6-1

YAY!
You have a point, Taylor.

Random: EXPELLIARMUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 toi have a point, Taylor. Random: EXPELLIARMUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*flies backwards because I'm in a movie and apparently none of the directors got the memo about 'expelliarmus' being a DISARMING spell*
*melts into a little puddle*
Agreed, Taylor, agreed.
We're lucky it wasn't the Killing Curse XD
il y a plus d’un an ABDCFan- said…
I thought that in OotP, when DA did the spells, and they did Expelliarmus, the wands flew out their hands? Argh. I'm confused.
^ It could.
il y a plus d’un an snapeislove said…
maybe when the DISARMING spell will hit someone's body, the body will react just like a wand does.. ?? gahh.. whatever..
^ It probably works on almost everything. It even works on Avada Kedavra :))
It could what?
so the disarming spell is like protego/impedimenta/etc/etc.??
Yeah - I think that because Expelliarmus has to shock the body into letting go of the wand, a side effect would be getting blown backwards or possibly knocked out - refer to GoF movie.
wow. no wonder harry loved it..

SOME OF MY STUPID ADVERTISEMENT: link

^help me with this stuff.. err.. please??
All I know about Expelliarmus is that it's red and disarming XD
^ all I know is that I cant get it off my head ever since i saw Snape cast it in CoS for Lockhart. :))
^ Epic XD
Epic. I've read the word again.. Gahh.. Im 'starstrucked'.. :))
*evil laugh* The Newspaper's back with a win!
 *evil laugh* The Newspaper's back with a win!
il y a plus d’un an Mrs-Grint said…
YAY!
"What would Luna Lovegood do?"
Maybe someday we'll know... someday...
Luna killed Jacob...REJOICE!
big smile
WOO! Go Luna! I never knew she had it in her, to be honest. I ahve to hand to her, I s'pose.
big smile
Oh, and guys, if you ARE planning to come to the UK, you might want to see some of our..er.. not so well known "rules":

1. It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.

2. It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside-down.

3. In Liverpool , it is illegal for a woman to be topless except as a clerk in a tropical fish store

4. Mince pies cannot be eaten on Christmas Day

5. In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter

6. A pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, including in a policeman’s helmet

7. The head of any dead whale found on the British coast automatically becomes the property of the king, and the tail of the queen

8. It is illegal to avoid telling the tax man anything you do not want him to know, but legal not to tell him information you do not mind him knowing

9. It is illegal to enter the Houses of Parliament in a suit of armour

10. In the city of York it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.

Just tryin' to keep ya safe. ;)
I remember those, Annie. My uncle got arrested for not telling a tax man about something, I forgot what it is. But he's already dead. Mental git he is.
^^Are you being serious? I live in England and I didn't know those. LOL. And what the ruddy heck happened to only one comment Annie? You broke the rules. Tut Tut. 1 is the funniest though. I always knew Luna had it in her. :')
Annie, you've just given me an excuse to go to England when I'm pregnant.

Is anyone here able to do an imitation of an Australian accent? I'm alright at English and American, but those are pretty easy. How come nobody can do Australian?
Yeah, that was one reason why I always loathed my uncle.

EDIT: This is one keyboard I would love to have XD
 Yeah, that was one reason why I always loathed my uncle. EDIT: This is one keyboard I would l’amour t
^^LOL.
I can do the Australian accent...sort of. ¬¬

I broke the rules? O-Noes.

I can't do any accent. It always turns to Indian no matter what I do... wait, that's a lie. I can do Bristolian, but that's it. XD

EDIT: I want that keyboard. SO MUCH.
^ Haha, that's funny. I can only do an Indian accent when I'm not trying to do one... if that makes sense.

AJ and I are just watching stand up comedy on YouTube. Everyone, go watch Adam Hills. He's hilarious... but Americans might not get the humour.
I can do a Jamaican accent...and an Indian one...
LOL. Okay.
I live for British comedy, as Sarah have said before "British comedy is basically watching Dan Radcliffe playing The Match of the Day theme tune on his cheeks on the Jonathan Ross Show,"

I <3 stand up. It's awesome.
Sarah just said a win :D
Indeed, it was pretty awesome. And the theme tune wasn't that dodgy either.
I like 'Live at the Apollo'! Oh, and Mock the Week. :)
I just saw it in my head. I died of laughter. :'D

I found this in link :
A little chat with J.K. Rowling.
Do you now or have you in the past kept a journal? If so, do you believe that it helps in your writing?
I’ve never managed to keep a journal longer than two weeks. I get bored with my life. I prefer inventing things.

What is Nearly Headless Nick’s last name?
It’s in Book I: De Mimsy-Porpington.

Why does Professor Dumbledore like sherbet lemons?
Because I like sherbet lemons! And he’s got good taste.

What would your advice be to any other young people that would want to write stories?
The most important thing is to read as much as you can, like I did. It will give you an understanding of what makes good writing and it will enlarge your vocabulary. And it’s a lot of fun! And also, start by writing about things you know— your own experiences, your own feelings. That’s what I do.

In the first book you said Slytherin house Quidditch captain was sixth year Marcus Flint. If there are only seven years of Hogwarts, why is he in the third book?
He had to do a year again!

How do students at Hogwarts get educated in Muggle subjects? Do they even need to know other things besides magic?
They can choose to study Muggle subjects. In the third book, Hermione takes the class Muggles Studies, and that’s where they learn about Muggles in school.

If you had to choose one teacher from your books to teach your child, who would it be and why?
It would be Professor Lupin, because he is kind, clever, and gives very interesting lessons.

What made you think of the people’s names and dormitories at Hogwarts?
I invented the names of the Houses on the back of an airplane sick bag! This is true. I love inventing names, but I also collect unusual names, so that I can look through my notebook and choose one that suits a new character.

Are any of your female characters, like Hermione, modeled after your own daughter?
No, if Hermione was based on anyone, she was based on me when I was younger. But my daughter is turning out to be a bit like me, so she is a bit like Hermione.

How can two Muggles have a kid with magical powers? Also how does the Ministry of Magic find out these kids have powers?
It’s the same as two black-haired people producing a redheaded child. Sometimes these things just happen, and no one really knows why! The Ministry of Magic doesn’t find out which children are magic. In Hogwarts there’s a magical quill which detects the birth of a magical child, and writes his or her name down in a large parchment book. Every year Professor McGonagall checks the book, and sends owls to the people who are turning 11.

Who is your favorite character?
I love, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, and Professor Lupin.

Do you have any parting words you would like to share with our audience?
Don’t let the Muggles get you down!

By The way: This is epic: link
OH MY GOD, VICKY, SO DO I! I love Live at the Apollo AND Mock the Week. Dara O' Briene is Dan Radcliffe's favourite comedian. How do I know this? I am not quite sure... oh, and Russell Howard is epic.
Naww, Jo Rowling always sounds so sweet in her interviews, unlike this: link

Trust me, it explains a LOT.
Annie, you might be a real fan of him. Probably explains why you know that XD
Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,
So tell me what you want, what you really really want,
I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,
So tell me what you want, what you really really want,
I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really
really really wanna zigazig ha.

Aaah, I love bad 90's/early-00's pop music.

2400!
Dammit, I was gonna get 2400, guess I got no choice.

Now, I have a nonsenseical question to ask you, all: In the picture below, Does it look like Harry's saying "Eff You!!!"? Haha. I s'pose it does.
 Dammit, I was gonna get 2400, guess I got no choice. Now, I have a nonsenseical question to