Harry Potter vs Twilight Harry Potter Battle Plans: For Those Who Hate Twilight

LilysLittleTwin posted on Dec 14, 2009 at 10:10PM
I don't want to mess up '1000 reasons why Harry Potter is better than Twilight', so here it is! Basically, Mrs-Grint, DracoLove777, dobbyssocks, me, and others have made a battle plan to knock the Twihards down a few pegs. All Harry Potter fans are welcome here, though.

This is the pledge to become a Phoenix Fighter:

'I solemly swear that I will do my best to protect others from the Twazi regime. I will never go over to the Disco Balls and betray my Order of the Potters heritige. Harry Potter is better than Twilight, not the other way around. I swear to protect what is left of the Vampire Fiction genre from Twilight and it's followers. I will remain loyal to Bram Stoker, Susan B. Anthony, and any other that worked tirelessly, only to have their work destroyed because of Twilight. Mischeif Managed.'
last edited on Jun 09, 2010 at 03:59AM

Harry Potter vs Twilight 4897 réponses

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1901-1950 of 4897

il y a plus d’un an ToyletGnome said…
^ And you just managed to post on Edward's birth year. SUCK!

OMG! We just had 100 posts in 1 day!
il y a plus d’un an ChocAttack266 said…
I prefer to think of 1901 as Anastasia's birth year. Because REAL PEOPLE are so much better...and she is a member of the most tragic royal family of the 20th century.

Hey, if anyone has access to the HBP special features DVD, watch the "What's On Your Mind?" section. It's hosted by Tom...
last edited il y a plus d’un an
Did we really get 100 posts in a day? That's an epic achievement guys; well done. *cracks open a butterbeer*
il y a plus d’un an BellaCullen96 said…
I've watched the What's On Your Mind? video a million times, it's funny :)
I haven't watched it yet, but I will as soon as I get home.

The only realised the 100 posts because I had posts 1800 and 1900, so it was kind of obvious.

What time is it AJ? My computer and iPod won't tell the truth.
2:11 AM in Perth.

"Chocolate or strawberry?" "Chocolate strawberries."
Sarah, was your heart broken when James and Oliver both said that they preferred rugby to Quidditch? I know mine was.
I'm going to sleep now. Unfortunately, I'm sharing a bed with my sister, who is snoring and moves A LOT in her sleep.

Goodnight, you lot.
Oh, your sister moves a lot in her sleep? *coughTAYLORHOGGEDTHEENTIREBEDWHENSHESLEPT­OVE­RAT­MYH­OUS­Eco­ugh­*
*slept. My editing function is screwing up.

Ahahaha. Jessie Cave would want to be a nun if she wasn't an actress. A nun!
^ *coughSHEJUSTSATUPANDMOVEDAWHOLEFUCKINGDOO­NAT­HEN­KIC­KED­MEW­ITH­OUT­WAK­ING­UPc­oug­h*
Sorta, but I know they love rugby

Dan: "Chocolate, I'm not stupid!"
Tom: "I didn't know ice cream preference was linked to intelligence. My goodness, you defeat one Dark wizard, you think you know everything!"

And then when he asked about the book they'd have on a deserted island, I'm not sure whether it was James or Oliver--I think it was Oliver--who said "How To Built a Raft"
Well, I didn't do that to you. My sister did that to me when we shared a Queen-sized bed. I get all the bad luck when it comes to having to share a bed.
How cute was it when James said "my brother" for "Who would you want to spend a day with"?
Aahh! I just remembered that I have to be up early tomorrow...which means about five/six hours sleep for me if I go to sleep this instant. Sweet dreams if you do get to sleep, Phoenix Fighters.
Stop talking about it! I still haven't watched it!

This is what happens when Courteney gets the DVD for Christmas even though I was the one who wanted it and she couldn't care less! She is the rightful owner and now dictates when we get to watch the special features for the first time.
I loved that! And Jessie Cave said the most famous person she'd met was Tom :P

I feel like a goth right now. Black jeans, black sweatshirt, and a black shirt with skulls and roses. At least I'm not wearing my black shoes
il y a plus d’un an Athiya said…
Currently replying on ever comment a twihard posted. Am I bad? :/
^^^^ Oh shit, so do I... and I have to be up in 4.5 hours. DAMN YOU INTERNET ADDICTION!

G'night!
il y a plus d’un an Athiya said…
Night Gnome! (deciding nickname -- bad habits started to show -,-)

:D
il y a plus d’un an Mrs-Grint said…
"Nutella, basically, on everything!"

I love this video.

EDIT: OHMYGOD. EMMA WATSON LIKES ELTON JOHN. LOL
Joe Jonas has a celeb crush on Emma...

And I got my mom to buy me pamplemousses!!
Ew. Rupert has a crush on her, too. But she has a crush on Tom. I surprised nobody's died with all this crushing going on, with their insides splattered everywhere.

Just bought five books and a pair of shoes on the internet. Yay!
WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE LOVE TOM??
Well, of course I can see why, but it's bugging me! lol

Annie, I want books! Which ones did you get?

Wow, it's only 3 here. It seems like it's 7 or something.
Because he is so frickin' super-mega-foxy-awesome-hot and of course, is utterly SEXADELIC. Lol, if you get married, Sarah, your husband is definetly NEVER going to even try to cheat on you XD

I got:
Forever by Judy Blume
Junk (or "Smack" in the US) by Melvin Burgess
Push by Sapphire
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding
AND
Doing It by Melvin Burgess

It's like, fifteen minutes to nine here in England. Woo!
big smile
Tom is amazing, of course.

*is watching Desperate Housewives*
I love this show.

So... Who's read Twifail? I know Izzy has, but really. LOLAGE!
I haven't
 I haven't
Who took 1918 and 1919 without realising? I wanted 1919 for the awesomes, and 1918 because it's the year in which the Romanovs were shot.

Sorry, after studying Tsarist Russia, I'm in a bit of a Romanov-craze.
You just took 1929 without realizing it
1929 only sounds good when spoken aloud, though...oh well.

Wait - the Great Depression started in 1929. Gosh, I'm really stocking up on the history points here, aren't I?
Yeah, seems like it

I've just spent at least an hour on averagewizard.com reading up to page 20 :P

Happy Easter, everyone! :D
il y a plus d’un an AprilCandy42 said…
smile
I'll be waiting for 1965 (J.K. Rowling's Bithday!)

Happy Easter too all! Good luck with Egg hunts, 'cause I lost.
Wow, 1918 was a really shitty year, wasn't it. The Romanovs were shot, some thing about WWI, Edfart developed a glitter fetish...

I just ate lobster. I feel like such a special snowflake!
Yay, Happy Easter!

...I love Desperate Housewives, lol. American shows have started growing on me, like, A LOT. And there's only so much Jeremy Kyle on person can take...
1918 was a good year. World War I finished. The Romanovs were a bunch of bastards anyway, so their death was a good thing. (Trotsky in regard to Nicholas II: "...he wasn't capable of running a post office." So true, my dear Bolshevik leader, so true.) And if Edtwat hadn't been changed, we wouldn't be able to make fun of him, would we?

I just finished watching Prince of Egypt - probably the best Disney movie ever. It's deep and historically accurate, unlike some others I could mention. *coughANASTASIAcough* And yes, Taylor, I know that Anastasia is 20th Century Fox, but it all falls under the same category. Sort of.
Annie, you should watch more Caillou! XD

I got a little stuffed lion for Easter and guess what I named it? :P
AHAHA! Awesomes.

I was helping my sister clean out her room (along with her boyfriend) and her iPod started playing Not Alone from AVPM. We both cracked up and her boyfriend was absolutely clueless...which just made me laugh harder.
Guess what I just found out? Rameses in Prince of Egypt is voiced by Ralph Fiennes.

No wonder he looked so much like Voldemort half the time!

...ignoring the fact that it's an animated movie.

Ooh! 1939 was the year WWII started!
OMG that was Ralph Fiennes! No wonder his voice is so familiar!

Yes, I love that movie, but when you say "historically" accurate, do you mean according to the bible? Frankly I thi-
Actually, let's not get into religion here.

My Gran flies in tomorrow! It's funny though, I can understand Twitard, but somehow I can't figure out Glaswegian accents. Fail for the more than half Scapttish girl.

EDIT: WHY WONT YOU TYPE WHAT I'M PRESSING YOU BLOODY IPOD!
I meant Scottish.
Lol. I know that some liberties were taken with the movie - frankly, I'm not entirely sure I believe in the "parting-the-waters" deal. We were watching that scene and debating whether or not Moses really had parted the Red Sea, and Mum went "They walked along a sandbank." My stomach still hurts from laughing.

Anyway. Yes, let's not get into religion.

I like Glaswegian accents, but it does take a lot of thinking to understand them.
^ She's been living in Australia for around 47 years, and do you know how strong her accent still is? She pronounces my name "Teelorgh."

You know nothing of Glaswegian accents. =.=

I've decided I should just stop engaging KatiiCullen94 in any sort of argument. She just gets cranky because I troll the site so much... But it's not my fault she seems to be one of three Twilight fans who actually come here!

I'm seriously considering posting a 'call to arms' on the Twilight spot. Thoughts?
Taylor - one of my sister's friends is Scottish, as is her entire family. I know of Glaswegian accents.

It's strange, but most of my extended family have Australian-sounding accents. (Not extreme ones, but neutral, leaning towards Sri Lankan at times. Kind of like mine.) Then again, my aunt still makes fun of my pronunciation of the word "rain". They flatten the "ay" sound, so it's more of a long "eh".

Does that even make sense?
I was warming a cup of hot chocolate (I know that sounds funny, but the milk had cooled it) and I practically scalded my fingers when I went to get it out of the microwave.

It's really hard to type when you're trying to cover your hands with a blanket, isn't it?
And I've just burned my tongue trying to drink the aforementioned hot chocolate.

How is it physically possible for someone as dumb as me to exist? I probably don't have a nucleus.

Hee hee, post 1945 - end of WWII, formation of the UN and the defeat of Grindelwald.
^ Oh no, it makes no sense at all, because I definitely didn't spend half the day at an Easter lunch with Nel's family, who are Sri Lankan. [/sarcasm]

Why am I in such a sarcastic mood today? Am I just generally shitful or what?

Also, are the Scottish friends Glaswegian, or from somewhere else in Scotland. Wait - why the hell am I getting so picky about this.

I think I need sleep before I bitchslap a room full of people. Oh wait, I was reading Twitard comments on SodaHead, that's probably what's doing it.

*goes to watch The Tudors even though it's 12.16am*
I have no idea what you're talking about. The only accents I can recognize besides American are Australian and British, which is kinda weird cuz that's pretty much every country where everyone on here comes from.

OMT. I have to most totally awesome epic ringtones ever. Here they are:
Bothering Snape
Different As Can Be
Get Back to Hogwarts
Harry
A Harry Potter Theme
Another Harry Potter Theme
"Is okay . . . good?" "Quirrel, okay is wonderful!"
Pigfarts (musical version)
Pigfarts (soundtrack version)
The Elder Swear
Trouble at Hogwarts
Voldemort is Going Down
The Mysterious Ticking Noise
I want the Elder Swear.

If you're going to be picky about Glaswegian accents, I will reciprocate. Where in Sri Lanka was Nel born, and from where did the rest of the family originate?
P.S. Taylor, this is my remedy to end shitfulness: watch Alex Reads Twilight. Or maybe read Shoebox? I can send it to you if you need it.

Or maybe read a few chapters of "Jackson, Where's My Paycheck?" (a LoTR parody fanfic of the movies) If you're up to Chapter 11 of FOTR, you'll probably be able to manage 4-5 chapters of JWMP.
^^ I don't remember...
I'll ask her tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure it's from the place your family was from... I think. DON'T HOLD ME TO THAT!

AJ, I just realised - you're the only one of my biffles (I'm sorry, Twifail got to me) who won't have a British/European passport. :(

Well... technically I don't have one yet, but my dad has applied for them... or, is planning to, or something. I don't know, the man can't even find one of his 800 pairs of glasses.
The place my family is from? My mother's family or my father's? My parents are from different areas of Sri Lanka.