Harry Potter vs Twilight Twilight vs. Harry Potter débats forum

XDRoseLuvsHP posted on Dec 07, 2009 at 11:51PM
I made this so we can debate on which series is better over here (instead of invading each others pro-Twilight or pro-Harry Potter forums). Feel free to state your opinions here.

Here are some tips:

1. Support your answers
2. Respect other peoples opinions (even if they do not respect yours. You can disagree, but be the mature one and be somewhat polite about it. No saying "YOU SUCK, GO DIE" or anything like that please)

Have fun!

Harry Potter vs Twilight 293 réponses

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 51-100 of 293

il y a plus d’un an haropuff95 said…
surprise
taking over the world?!!Team Potter outside there,beware!!there's no time to afraid of YOU-KNOW-WHO,its THE YOU-KNOW-FLU coming to conquer the world!!RUN!RUN FOR YOUR LIVE!! *pack all HP merchandises in a beaded bag,bring along Torchlight & HP novels,don't forget the Golden Shuttlecock,we need the 3 objects to find the whereabouts of the remaining Horcllen & DESTROY them,while searching for the Hallows!*
il y a plus d’un an Mrs-Grint said…
LOL "Dog on steroids"

ALL THE HARRY POTTER FANS! Go to LilysLittleTwin's forum about TwiHards taking over the world, it's great!
il y a plus d’un an LilysLittleTwin said…
/no sarcasm...really...I mean it/
Thank you, Mrs-Grint, for that lovely advertisement. *applauds* We can always use more of the resistance! It can be found in the Harry Potter forum.
last edited il y a plus d’un an
angry
Actually the Twilight fans are gathering at & conquering the Edward Vs Harry Club where HP fans less visited.See yourself,Twilight is winning picks over there & there are bunches of comments with bad spellings & grammars & "luv Edward" stuffs.
AARGHH! I have to go and defend Harry. See you all later! Byes.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­! THE STUPIDITY! IT WAS TOO MUCH!
yeah,they are too many over there,I think we may lost to them at the Edward Vs Harry Club.No wonder they didn't show up here.
Maybe we should all attack at the same time and drive them off.
nice idea,I suggest we make that as the first mission for The Order:win all the picks in the Edward Vs Harry Club,what say you guys?
I just voted on everything where Edward was winning that I hadn't already voted on.
il y a plus d’un an snapeislove said…
mischievous
lilyslittletwin: thats so right.. we should attack as one to freak them out..!

haropuff95: i swear after this im going to 'picks' now.. let's win PF's!!
il y a plus d’un an Paramore-CSI said…
umm I cannot really choose I really think the hp series was brillant but allittle boring in points and it took me forever to get through it plus there were so many and twilight was easy it took me no time and i was always intriqued and i love the twi characters but i also love the harry potter characters so really i cannnot choose
LilysLittleTwin & snapeislove-that's the spirit,my friends! =D

Paramore-CSI:let me help u to pick.Choose the book that doesn't contain pedophile,stalking,Mary Sue & Gary Sue.Any book that doesn't contain those is really a better book.

OW! OW! OW! My ear is hurting for some strange reason.

LOL, haropuff!

I shall do my best to defend Harrington from Edwardian. (I admit to being high on coffee right know, and HARRY SOUNDS LIKE AN ABBREVIATIVE!!)
yah but stilll i hate bella anyways i read it for emmett and the volturi lol
Mrs-Grint:well done.please protect them.XD

Paramore-CSI:and for who do u read Harry Potter?
ummmmmmmmmm well hermine and draco
il y a plus d’un an potterrox said…
ummmmm its hermione! but maybe that was a typo.. if so sorry if not read the books already!
oh sorry typo lol!!
il y a plus d’un an codyisanhpfan said…
raising my wand here!!! :)) GO TEAM POTTER!!!!!
nice!!
il y a plus d’un an nessienjake said…
hmmm
…pedestrian, ungrammatical prose style which has left me with a headache and a sense of a wasted opportunity. If Rowling is blessed with this magic gift of tapping into young minds, I can only wish she had made better use of it. Her characters, unlike life’s, are all black-and-white. Her story-lines are predictable, the suspense minimal, the sentimentality cloying every page.
Umm, nessienjake, are you SURE you aren't talking about Twilight? That's like word for word right there.
il y a plus d’un an XDRoseLuvsHP said…
nessienjake: Her story lines are predictable? Maybe it was predictable that Ron and Hermione would get together and that the good guys would win, but really? Was it predictable that Dumbledore would die? Was it predictable that Sirius would turn out to be innocent and Pettigrew to be guilty in Prizoner of Azkaban? Was it predictable that Mad Eye Moody would die? That Sirius would die? That Harry was a horcrux? That Fred would die? Maybe the basic storyline was predictable, but it's the journey that attracts us all, and that was not so predictable.

I do not think suspense was minimal either. Even in Sorcerers Stone, you were wondering about Snape getting to the stone, then finding out it was Quirrel after all. In The Chamber of Secrets, you were wondering who is the heir of Slytherin? Who is writing the messages on the castle walls? Who expected that it was Ginny writing them? During Prizoner of Azkaban, you were praying Sirius wouldn't kill Harry, then you were praying he wouldn't be caught. You were praying for Buckbeak also. Goblet of Fire was pretty intense. Maybe this one didn't hold as much suspension, save for when you wanted to know what the tasks were, but there was action, and it was quite dark. The Order of the Phoenix had suspension enough. Umbridge caused me to become very angry and hoping she would be kicked out. Also, the Department of Mysteries was pretty brilliant, very suspensefull. The Half Blood Prince didn't have suspense so much, but it had a lot of feeling coming out, more understanding of Voldemort. The cave scene was all suspense, very dark and very scary. Deathly Hallows was all suspense and action. I found it to be quite amazing.

I wish you would explain further on how the characters are all black-and-white. I found them to be very colorful, but if you explain further, maybe I can understand why you think so.
ummm nessiejake im a twi fan but ummmm that kindof sounds more like twilight then harry potter!
il y a plus d’un an -ToujoursPur said…
heart
*raises wand*, for which Mrs-Grint is right. It does sound perverted. D:
Oh, and I -ToujoursPur to which you might refer with the name of Shila from now on, hereby state that Edward Cullen doesn't have a wand, but he's left with his hard and cold as granite hotness. :)

I suggest that the newest cover for Twilight shall be a chocolate donut, or a decayed pizza with leftover salami and smelling ham. :)
The leftover salami represents Edward 'cause he's old. :D
The smelling ham represents Bella 'cause she smells good. :D

And the chocolate donut cuz itz lyk hot lulz!1!1!1!
n lyk so iz edwead!1!1!1!

Ear Ear, Mrs-Grint, I shake your hand and take my hat off. Although my hat will have to have the shape of a silver and green snake.

So, Harry Potter FOREVER AND FRIGGIN EVER. :D
il y a plus d’un an Kellykoo1 said…
smirk
now, yes harry potter is a good movie but how can we really connect to it? these people are teens who are whiches and wizards who have no human connection except over the summer. then there is voldemort who is obviously evil and from the start decides to split his soul into sevenths and screwed THAT up even, in his attempt to simply kill a baby this wimps mom sacrifices herself to save a kid who even so should have died anyhow.

twilight however has a wonderful connection to people, for one, one of the main characters, no THE main charcter is human and she falls in love, just like any other person, just with a vampire. she has plenty of comunication with charlie, rene, and all of her friends at forks high school until she turns into a vampire and even then she talks to charlie and her half vampire half human daughter Renesmee so yes i would have to say that twilight is better and i just proved it
Kellykoo1: First off, the Harry Potter books are better than the movies. Never judge a book by it's movie. Now, I will debate with you.

You are incorrect that the witches and wizards have no connection over the summer. They send each other owl post, of course! Don't you remember in Chamber of Secrets? Secondly, how is sacrificing yourself to save your son whimpy? Are you serious right there? I don't think that's whimpy at all. If you did not read the books, obviously you wouldn't understand why Harry lived. Let me explain. The sacrifice of love is the most powerful magic in the world, and the strength of it provided Harry a shield. Voldemort underestimates the power of love, so he ends up screwing himself over.

How does Twilight have a connection to people? Bella may be human, but she couldn't be less realistic. First off, she is a Mary Sue. Automatic fail right there. Secondly, she does not fall in love. She thinks Edward is hot and mistakes it for love. Thinking someone is hot does not equal love, I am sorry to burst your bubble. Stalking does not equal love either, dear. Just because he is hot does not make it love. Ugly people can fall in love as well. Of course, Twilight doesn't think so, but then again, Twilight doesn't even know what love really is.

You think Voldemort is a screw up? I'd like to see YOU face him off. He split his soul perfectly fine. How did he "screw it up"? He was successful. At least Harry fights for what is right. When do the Cullens fight evil unless they KNOW they are going to win? In Breaking Dawn, they seem perfectly content to let evil triumph as long as they don't have to sacrifice a hair. Not only that, but they constantly refer to killing other vampires as being "so much fun" in Eclipse. So murder is fun? What kind of a sick family are they anyway? Is killing innocent animals not bad enough? Of course, they only fight when they know they will win. *cough* COWARDS *cough*

If you want love, look at Harry Potter. There is motherly love. Molly kills Bellatrix for her children. Lily dies to save her son. There is romantic love. Ron and Hermione fall in LOVE (not obsessive lust like every Twilight couple). Fleur loves Bill even after he gets all scarred up and ugly. Bella wouldn't even look TWICE at Edward if he weren't oh so gorgeous. There is unrequited love. Snape loved Lily, even if she didn't love him back, and it ended up destroying him. There is friendship love. Harry, Ron and Hermione would all die for each other, as well as Neville, Ginny, Luna and many others. There is also lust. Lust is what Ron and Lavender's relationship was (which, by the way, is a healthier relationship by far than Bella and Edward. That is pretty sad, to be frank).

Bella does NOT keep in contact with her mother very well. She finds her mother annoying and goes weeks without talking to her mother, then sends short messages to her mom by email every now and then. That is not a "wonderful connection". Bella cannot stand Charlie, because "Heaven forbid Charlie is actually worried about her! He cares about her! How absolutely annoying! He let my mother leave! How could he? He should have kidnapped her and made her stay with him by force! What a horrible man!" She ignores him most of the time, only paying attention to him when she is making him supper. Do you call this a "wonderful connection" too? Don't even get me started on her "friends" at Forks. Bella is the most abusive friend ever. She uses her friends when it benefits her, then when the Cullens are around she pretty much ignores them and dumps them like trash, not caring one bit about them. Jessica stands up for herself and doesn't let Bella walk all over her, so that makes her a "bad friend" apparently! Oh, heaven forbid Bella can't abuse her friends! How horrible of them! Yeah, "wonderful relationship".

She did not want to talk to Charlie after she became a vampire. She wouldn't have ever spoken to him again if it weren't for Jacob. Do you really think Bella is a good parent? Renesmee is the one who shouldn't have existed in the first place. Bella is perfectly fine letting Renesmee go into a pedophilic relationship, as long as nobody gives her a nickname? Along with being a sure sign of bad parenting, it is hypocritical, considering the fact that she throws a conniption if anyone calls her by her full name.

If you need me to go on, just ask. Harry Potter is better and I just proved you to be completely incorrect.
Oh, I forgot to answer your question, Kellykoo1. Here is your answer. (yeah, I'm having a lot of fun debating this).

How can we relate to Harry Potter?

Well, we may not be able to relate to going to Hogwarts, but we can relate to so many other things. We can relate to the friendships made in Harry Potter. We can relate to the way school REALLY works socially; many cliques, many stereotypes, much social pressure. (Sorry, honey, school isn't like the fantasy Twilight schooling. Not everybody is popular like in Twilight.) We can relate to all the different rivalries. Some of us can relate to the loss. We can relate to the little romances, some which may turn out to be meaningful while others may turn out to be insignificant. We can relate to the pressures of studying for exams. We can relate to the competition (ex. Quidditch).

Harry Potter uses a lot of history. There are many references to the Holocaust and all of the discrimination. Of course, if you had actually READ THE BOOKS, you may know this. There are references to feminism development. There are references to witch hunts. There are many historical references, many in which I probably would not recognize.

In Twilight, Stephenie Meyer pretty much failed in this area. I mean, come on, she really screwed up the history of her own country? For example, in case you are confused, Rosalie's history. She was wealthier because her dad was... a bank owner? Um, sorry, Stephenie Meyer, but a primary cause of The Great Depression was the fact that THE BANKS FAILED. Good job. I think you have just earned yourself a metal for "Most Epic Fail".

Sorry this was so long, I am having fun debating here. XD
il y a plus d’un an dobbyssocks said…
this is awesome

cedric<voldemort
Voldemort<harry
Harry> edward
well id like to say that if anyone tells me lyk edward izz soo hawt!!again ill kill em!!!
Allow me to obliterate your argument in pieces:

1. 'now, yes harry potter is a good movie but how can we really connect to it? these people are teens who are whiches and wizards who have no human connection except over the summer.' Have you even read the books? Like XDRoseLuvsHP said, we can connect to them in many ways. I thought they WERE human? JKR has lied to me!
/sarcasm/

2. 'then there is voldemort who is obviously evil and from the start decides to split his soul into sevenths and screwed THAT up even, in his attempt to simply kill a baby this wimps mom sacrifices herself to save a kid who even so should have died anyhow.' Well, I think Voldemort's freaking awesome, by the way. And he didn't screw up! He underestimated love. How is Harry a whimp? Did YOU learn to cook at the age of about 5? Do YOU do all that stuff he did at Hogwarts? Did YOUR arm get broken when you where 12? WHY should he have died? Harry owns! He makes a lot more sense than you anyway.

3. 'twilight however has a wonderful connection to people, for one, one of the main characters, no THE main charcter is human and she falls in love, just like any other person, just with a vampire.' I won't even bring up the Edtard-is-not-a-vampire thing. I classify Mary-Sue as a different species, they're weird enough, thus, Bella-Sue is not a person. She falls in LUST. Not LOVE. Learn the difference.

4. 'she has plenty of comunication with charlie, rene, and all of her friends at forks high school until she turns into a vampire and even then she talks to charlie and her half vampire half human daughter Renesmee' Ugh, my I.Q just went down. Look at XDRoseLuvsHP's answer to this, I need to finish up quick so I can regain my brain cells.

5. 'so yes i would have to say that twilight is better and i just proved it' Really? I don't think so. Look at our answers and then see who won this debate. Yeah, thought so.
il y a plus d’un an bbzroblover said…
kiss
twilight is the best because it covers all gernes romance horror thriller fansty and a lot more harry potter covers a few and rob pattinson rules
!!!!!!!!!! i love rob
mischievous
i'd like to quote something from bbzroblover:

"twilight is the best because it covers all gernes romance horror thriller fansty.."

well.. gernes and fansty were underlined red in my computer, i wonder why? .. LOL

PF's, do we accept rotten braincells?
il y a plus d’un an Volturrimort said…
mischievous
snapeislove, aren't these twitards classified under Planaria AKA Flatworms?
Excuse me, but how is Twilight a 'thriller'? I was not 'thrilled' in any way. Just bored. So very bored. Harry Potter has adventure (obvious where that is), comedy, (Fred and George), romance (Harry and Ginny, Ron and Hermione, Snape and Lily, etc), fantasy (once again, obvious)

snapeislove: No, we do not accept rotten braincells. ER-ER.
il y a plus d’un an MrsRadcliffe said…
angelic
1 word.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!
Twilight doesn't cover many genre's, actually. Romance, yes. Fantasy, yes, though it embarrasses me to say this pathetic piece of work fits in this category. Horror? Give me a break. What horror? There is no horror, only sparkling and making out. Just because Edward is a vampire does not automatically classify Twilight as horror. Thriller? Really? There is no thrill at all. There is barely even a plot, for crying out loud! There is no tension at all, only overly gushy "I love you"'s. Since when does that classify as a thriller?

You want to know what Harry Potter covers? Along with the ones Mrs-Grint exlained (adventure, comedy, romance and fantasy), there is also horror (the cave scene in Half Blood Prince, the graveyard scene in Goblet of Fire), mystery (what are the horcrux's? Who is RAB?), fairy tale (Tales of Beedle the Bard), thriller (like, the entire book of Deathly Hallows, plus a huge percentage of the other books), arguably a very small bit of sports even (Quidditch), suspense of course (pretty much all of the books, but it is seen more in the later books), plus more.
lmao
mischievous
mrs-grint: that's too bad then.. i wonder where they should be sent..
in my toilet bowl, i guess.

mrsradcliffe: yeah i think so..LOL
last edited il y a plus d’un an
actually it cant fit horror i am hard on horror almost nothing is horror for me it could be thriller
il y a plus d’un an KatiiCullen94 said…
angry
she is not a dead brain cell!!!,
you do not know her enought to make that judgement!
just because she has opinion that indifferent to one of your own, doesnt make her anything else but a human being.
we must all except that people cant all love all the things that we love, you have be patient and have tolerance, dont critis cause they arent like you,
cause if we were all the same, fuck we'd be screwed!
calm down
ive just had enought of all the hate
and things haveing saiod about each otehr whens thers no point
we nee d to get over the hp and twilight, how did they even come to hating each other
they are two different things..
becuase people decided omygod twihards need a life cuzz hp is better
and hphards decided omg twilight sucks we need a war
i cant beleive you jsut said that , i think that really insesentive and self-cnetered,
we dont need a war.
im saying what they said god dont get your panties in a bunch
smile
cant we just stop all it, i dont know why you all carry it on, doesnt it get boring, or tiring? im jsut asking?
im not really involved that deeply!!
crying
fuck i feel like i could cry
i have never seen people bitch the way they do on here
there are more important things then all of you sitting on your ass, at your computer screen fighting about harry potter and twilight, while ther are dying puppies, and girls getting raped, and people suffering from cancer, and kids who have just lost their parents.

just stop. please, the threats and the name calling is just , aw , omg, come on, just stop.
they are not real. they are stories.
people are going to be offended or reasons that dont need to be done in the first place.
just, come on.